Stoke v Liverpool Betting Preview | 29th November
In our Stoke v Liverpool betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Wednesday night’s Premier League match.
Stoke City v Liverpool Betting Preview
Venue: bet365 Stadium
Jurgen Klopp takes his side down the M6 to test his team against modern football’s new famed cliche’ – can they do it on a cold Wednesday night at Stoke?
Liverpool have been in impressive form since their Wembley collapse in October, but defensive insecurities have threatened to rear their head again this week.
The Reds squandered leads against both Sevilla and Chelsea, which will leave the Potters hopeful of turning their own misfortunes around.
Stoke’s struggles were compounded last time out by a crushing 92nd minute goal from former Liverpool player Mamadou Sakho.
The late winner resigned Mark Hughes’ side to defeat against rock bottom Crystal Palace, despite a wonderful Shaqiri goal having earlier given them a second half lead.
Stoke sit nervously just three points above the bottom three going into this round of Premier League fixtures while Liverpool are only two points adrift of the top four.
Stoke’s Ramadan Sobhi is expected to shake off a minor ankle problem to be passed for fit.
England stopper Jack Butland is still sidelined with a broken finger and is joined by Geoff Cameron on the treatment table as the full back is still recovering from concussion.
Emre Can and Dejan Lovren will both face late fitness tests after missing Liverpool’s 1-1 draw with Chelsea.
Klopp has confirmed that danger-men Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane will both start.
Potential Stoke Starting XI: Grant, Zouma, Shawcross, Wimmer, Pieters, Jese, Allen, Fletcher, Shaqiri, Crouch, Chuopo-Moting.
Potential Liverpool Brighton Starting XI: Mignolet, Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Moreno, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino.
Head To Head
- Stoke have lost seven out of their last eight league games against Liverpool.
- The one victory out of those games was a 6-1 demolition on Steven Gerrard’s last ever game for the Reds in May 2015.
- Liverpool have won on their last three visits to Stoke in all competitions.
- Mark Hughes has lost 11 out of his last 16 Premier League games against Liverpool.
Stats & Facts
- Xherdan Shaqiri has scored two and assisted four in his last six games in the Premier League.
- Stoke have won two, drawn two and lost two of their opening six home games in the league this season.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last four league games.
- The Reds have conceded 18 goals this season, with 16 of them coming away from Anfield.
- Klopp’s team have failed to keep a clean sheet away from home this campaign.
Stoke 5/1, Draw – 10/3, Liverpool – 8/15
- Liverpool to win and both teams to score – 7/4
- Draw at HT and any team to win at FT – 5/2
- Shaqiri to score anytime and Stoke to win – 14/1
- Philippe Coutinho to score first – 5/1