Swansea v Tottenham Betting Preview | 2nd January 2018
In our Swansea v Tottenham betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head to head, popular bets and more for Tuesday evening’s Premier League clash.
Swansea v Tottenham Betting Preview
Venue: Liberty Stadium
Carlos Carvahal kicked off his Swansea managerial career in the best way with a come from behind victory at Vicarage Road against Watford. Carvahal saw his side display superb spirit in that clash and will give the players a much needed confidence boost. It will have been refreshing for Swans fans to see more bodies in the box in support of Tammy Abraham, their bravery was key in that win a few days ago.
Spurs will be the more refreshed of the two sides given the fact that they haven’t played since their 5-2 win against Southampton on Boxing Day. Harry Kane has shown unbelievable form this season but he’s been struggling with flu in the last few days and it’s not 100% that he will start this game and if that’s the case then the 4/11 about them to win this match looks too short a price to get involved with.
As mentioned, Harry Kane may be unavailable if he fails to shake off his illness. Victor Wanyama could return which would be a big boost for Spurs, his absence has exploited their central midfield and then tough tackling Kenyan is a key cog in the Tottenham machine.
Ki Sung-Yeung and Kyle Bartley are doubts for the Swans, as is Tammy Abraham who is struggling with a stomach injury. Wilfred Bony could return in place for the on-loan Chelsea man.
Stats & Facts
- The last six meetings between these sides at the Liberty have seen Both teams to score land.
- Swansea have failed to beat Spurs in all 13 premier league clashes against them (W0, D3, L10).
- Leroy Fer has picked up 5 yellow cards this season.
- Spurs are averaging 6.6 corners a game whereas Swansea are conceding on average 5.6 corners a game.
It’s difficult to find much value in Spurs at 4/11 and with Swansea winning in Carvahal’s first game I can see them giving this a good go, however Spurs should have enough quality. Should Fer start this match he will have his hands full up against the likes of Christian Eriksen and with Spurs likely to have the lions share of possession he could be worth chancing to pick up another booking.
- Swansea 10/1
- Tottenham to win and both teams to score – 12/5 (Betfair)
- Tottenham to have over 6.5 corners – 6/5 (William Hill)
- Leroy Fer to be carded – 7/2 (SkyBet)