Tottenham v Everton Betting Preview | 13th January
In our Tottenham v Everton betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday evening’s Premier League fixture.
Tottenham v Everton Betting Preview
Venue: Wembley Stadium
Channel: BT Sport 1
Tottenham Hotspur’s top four push has the ability to come unstuck when they host Everton on Saturday.
The Toffee’s new manager, Sam Allardyce, won three of his first five matches at the club in all competitions. This ‘honeymoon’ period …because in his latest five attempts the former England boss hasn’t felt success.
Three defeats followed two goal-less draws suggests Everton will need more firepower if they are to beat fifth-placed Tottenham Hotspur.
The home side are unbeaten in their last five matches, including four victories for their efforts and can move into the top four with a victory. Their last defeat was a 4-1 humbling from the league leaders, Manchester City.
Premier League leading scorer, Harry Kane, scored midweek following firing his record-breaking fifth and sixth hat-tricks in a calendar year against Burnley and Southampton respectively. Yet the England talisman has failed to find the net in his last two league fixtures.
Midfielder Harry Winks and defenders Danny Rose and Toby Alderweireld all miss this match with injuries.
New signing, Cenk Tosun, could make his debut for Everton in this match.
The visitors are short at the back with four defenders; Ramiro Funes-Mori, Seamus Coleman, Leighton Baines and Michael Keane all missing for the visitors, through injury.
Potential Tottenham Starting XI: Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Erikson, Alli, Son, Kane
Potential Everton Starting XI: Pickford, Holgate, Williams, Jagielka, Cuco Martina, Davies, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Bolasie, Niasse
Stats & Facts
- Everton have scored just two goals in their previous five matches in all competitions.
- Sam Allardyce has five clean-sheets in 10 matches in charge at Everton.
- Tottenham are the fourth highest scorers in the Premier League.
- Tottenham have lost just twice in eleven matches.
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane is the leagues leading scorer with 18 goals.
Head To Head
- These two sides have met on 160 ooccasions.
- Tottenham currently lead the way with wins with 60, and 52 occasions ended as a draw.
Tottenham – 2/7, Draw – 5/1, Everton – 12/1
- Tottenham to win and under 3.5 goals – 10/11
- Kane to score a brace – 7/2
- Gueye to be carded – 7/4