Tottenham v Huddersfield Betting Preview | Saturday 3rd March
In our Tottenham v Huddersfield betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for this premier league tie.
Tottenham v Huddersfield Betting Preview
Venue: Wembley Stadium
Tottenham will be looking to continue their very impressive home form as they welcome Premier League new boys to Wembley. The home side are undefeated in their last 13 home matches, keeping a clean sheet in all of their three. Spurs eased into the quarter finals of the FA Cup on Wednesday night, seeing off Rochdale in a thumping win in a game that did not lack controversy following the recent trials of VAR. Fernando Llorente bagged a hat-trick in that one and will be hoping for a break into the side, most likely alongside Harry Kane, who will take some beating to the number nine spot. Huddersfield head into this game on the back of a much needed and impressive win at bottom of the table strugglers West Bromwich Albion. They have recently ended a run of five defeats on the spin with two wins in their last 2 games, thumping Bournemouth and seeing West Brom off. Seeing off Spurs is obviously going to be an uphill task for David Wagner’s men but if they play with discipline and approach the game with a game plan there is no reason why they cannot frustrate the home side here.
Spurs have failed to win just one of their last 11 home matches ahead of their meeting with the Terriers. Indeed, Huddersfield’s win at West Brom was moral-boosting and much needed, but this doesn’t hide their overall away record against other teams, winning just three times away this season, all to teams in and around or below them. The odds of Tottenham at 1/5 to win here is not exactly flattering for The Terriers, but I think it is more of a compliment to Spurs’ home form as of late, and, more importantly, their goal scoring form as they pursue a top four place and a duplication on last season’s finish in second, six points off Chelsea. Tottenham to win here without conceding is my best bet at 8/11.
Alderweireld is out for Spurs. Mooy is a doubt for the visitors.
Possible Tottenham Starting XI: Lloris, Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Kane
Possible Huddersfield Starting XI: Lossl, Smith, Schindler, Jorgensen, Kongolo, Hogg, Williams, Ince, Pritchard, Mounie, Van La Parra
Stats & Facts
- Spurs have won 9 of their last 11 home games.
- Spurs haven’t failed to score since away to Arsenal in November, where as The Terriers haven’t kept a clean sheet since December, against Burnley.
- Under 2.5 goals in 4 of the last 5 Spurs games.
- 11 of Huddersfield’s 14 away games have not seen both teams score.
- 9 of these away games have ended in defeat without scoring for Wagner’s men.
Head To Head
- BTTS in 5 of the last 6 games and in all of the last 4 at Tottenham.
- Spurs have only won 2 of the last 8 games.
- Tottenham have scored 4 times in 2 of the last 3 games, including the one earlier this season.
- Spurs win to nil – 8/11
- Spurs score in both halves – 8/11
- Spurs 1/5
- Draw 13/2
- Huddersfield 16/1