Tottenham v Juventus Betting Preview | Wednesday 7th March
In our Spurs v Juventus betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Wednesday evening’s Champions League fixture.
Tottenham v Juventus Betting Preview
Venue: Wembley Stadium
Watch: BT Sport 2
Tottenham will host the Old Lady at Wembley this week in a fixture that will decide who will progress to the next round of the Champions League. Spurs impressed in the previous round, turning over a two-goal deficit to draw 2-2 at the Allianz Stadium. However, Spurs will need to provide a stellar performance if they want to progress, as Juventus will look to win the Champions League – having been denied the trophy in the final match within two of the last three years.
Despite this, Juventus have struggled this year in comparison to the last few years. The Old Lady have comfortably won the Scuddetto for the past six years, however, this year may be the year that another team takes the trophy. Napoli are currently a point ahead of Juventus within the league and the Old Lady certainly don’t look like the team they once were. Furthermore, Juventus managed to lose a two-goal lead in the previous fixture. Therefore, with the home advantage, we expect that Tottenham may progress.
- Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuaín is a big doubt for the Turin side, as he picked up an ankle injury against Torino.
- Following Tottenham’s recent fixture against, Mousa Dembele picked up a knock and it is currently unclear whether he will feature.
Potential Tottenham Starting XI: Lloris; Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Dembele; Son, Alli, Eriksen; Kane
Potential Juventus Starting XI: Buffon; Barzagli, Benatia, Rugani; Costa; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi, Asamoah; Dybala, Mandzukic
Stats & Facts
- If Tottenham progress, it will be the first time they reach the quarter final since 2011
- Juventus last game in England was a 4-1 loss to Fulham in 2010.
Tottenham 6/5, Draw 23/10, Juventus 5/2
- Double result, Draw/Tottenham – 9/2
- Tottenham win and under 2.5 goals – 16/5