Tottenham v Liverpool Betting Preview | 22nd October
In our Tottenham v Liverpool betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday’s Premier League clash.
Tottenham v Liverpool Betting Preview
Venue: Wembley Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
Both Tottenham and Liverpool go into this one on the back of positive midweek Champions League results.
Spurs held the European champions Real Madrid to an impressive 1-1 draw in the Bernabeu, while the Reds demolished a poor Maribor side 7-0.
Spurs’ Wembley woes have been well documented this season but they face a side who have also struggled at England’s national stadium in recent years.
Since the rebuild, Liverpool have been to Wembley for five competitive matches, winning just once (in normal time).
Pochettino’s side have themselves recently lifted the curse at their new home ground by beating Bournemouth 1-0 last week, albeit unconvincingly.
A win for the home side would bring them to 20 points, taking them level with second placed Manchester United, who lost 2-1 to Huddersfield Town on Saturday.
Liverpool travel south hoping for their first Premier League win in October, a result that would put Klopp’s men just a point behind Sunday’s opponents.
Tottenham will still be missing midfield pair Victor Wanyama (knee) and Moussa Dembele (hip), with Pochettino admitting he has no confirmation on when they might return to fitness.
Erik Lamela remains injured but Ben Davies has recovered from illness and could play ahead of the returning Danny Rose, who came off the bench against Madrid.
Sadio Mane remains injured and will miss out for Liverpool along with midfielder Adam Lallana and right-back Nathaniel Clyne.
Captain Jordan Henderson is expected to come back into the starting XI after being rested in midweek despite James Milner’s impressive performance in Slovenia.
Potential Tottenham Starting XI: Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dier, Winks, Erikson, Dele, Son, Kane.
Potential Liverpool Brighton Starting XI: Mignolet, Gomez, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Salah, Firmino.
Head To Head
- Spurs have failed to win in their last nine games against Liverpool.
- Their last victory against the Reds came at White Hart Lane in 2012, with Gareth Bale scoring at both ends.
- Last season’s corresponding fixture ended 1-1, with James Milner and Danny Rose on the scoresheet.
Stats & Facts
- Harry Kane’s last 13 league goals have all been scored away from home.
- Spurs have kept four clean sheets in their last five matches.
- Christian Eriksen is in good scoring form, notching in three of his last five Premier League games.
- Liverpool have never failed to score in back-to-back Premier League games under manager Jurgen Klopp.
- Phillipe Coutinho has scored in four out of his last five fixtures in all competitions, with all of his goals coming away from Anfield.
- If Liverpool concede more than one goal at Wembley they will become the sixth club to concede 1,000 Premier League goals.
Tottenham 6/5, Draw – 5/2, Liverpool – 9/4
- Dele Alli to score at anytime and Spurs to win – 11/2
- Mohammed Salah to score in the first 15 minutes – 25/1
- Alberto Moreno anytime assist – 12/1
- Correct score 1-1 – 6/1