Watford v Everton Betting Preview | Saturday 24th February
In our Watford v Everton betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Saturday evening’s Premier League fixture.
Watford v Everton Betting Preview
Venue: Vicarage Road
Watch: BT Sport
Since Marco Silva’s departure, Watford have had a mixed bag of results. The Hornets stunned Premier League fans across the country when they defeated Chelsea 4-1, however, poor results against Stoke City and West Ham United makes them a very tricky side to put your money on. In Watford’s last five fixtures, they have only won a single fixture but interestingly this was the only game that was played at Vicarage Road.
Everton on the other hand, have responded to their 5-1 thrashing by Arsenal by defeating Crystal Palace in their most recent fixture. Sam Allardyce’s side currently sit 9th in the Premier League, just two positions and three points above Watford. The Hornets and the Toffees have met once already this season, with a last-minute Leighton Baines penalty sealing the win for Everton.
- The only injured players for Everton are James McCarthy and Elaquim Mangala.
- Nathaniel Chalobah, Will Hughes and Kiko Femenia are all unavailable for Watford.
Potential Watford Starting XI: Karnezis; Mariappa, Prodl, Holebas; Janmaat, Capoue, Doucoure, Zeegelaar; Deulofeu, Deeney, Gray
Potential Everton Starting XI: Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Williams, Martina; Gueye, Rooney; Walcott, Davies, Sigurdsson; Niasse
Stats & Facts
- Everton came from behind in the previous fixture, winning the game 3-2.
- Watford have only won one of their last five games.
Watford 6/5, Draw 23/10, Everton 23/10
- Everton to score in both halves – 4/1
- Everton win and under 2.5 goals – 5/1