Watford v Man Utd Betting Preview | 28th November
In our Watford v Manchester United betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Tuesday evening’s Premier League tie.
Watford v Man Utd Betting Preview
Venue: Vicarage Road
Every season in the premier league there is a team that seemingly beats the odds week after week and performs way above their apparent potential. This season, that team is Watford. Already defeating Arsenal and drawing at home with Liverpool, The Hornets have had an extraordinary season thus far under new manager Marco Silva. The team from Hertfordshire are doing so well that their manager has been subject to a reported £20 million bid from Everton for his services. Last time out, Watford cruised to victory at St James’ park by winning 0-3 with Will Hughes scoring to make it two goals in as many games. For Watford’s great form to continue, they are going to have to beat Manchester United.
The visitors have won just the once in their last 5 away games, and despite their recent form at Vicarage Road, I’m going to take a punt on Watford to win this game, 5/1 or 8/1 with a BTTS Watford win. Last season, they won 3-1 in this fixture so I wouldn’t put it past them to do the same on Tuesday. United are slipping of late, only just scraping past Premier League newcomers Brighton last time out, after a disappointing loss away to Basel in the Champions League. Although, 4 of Watford’s 6 wins this season have come away from home. They recently beat Arsenal at home, 2-1, and I fancy the same scoreline here, priced at 16/1 with bet365. United aren’t convincing me at the moment, with Lukaku on quite a goal drought and star man Mkhitrayan on a rough patch of form. This is a huge test for United and a loss here to The Hornets would not surprise me.
Man Utd have now welcomed Pogba, Ibrahimovic and Rojo back to full fitness.
Potential Watford Starting XI: Gomes, Fermina, Kabasele, Britos, Mariappa, Zeegelaar, Cleverley, Hughes, Doucoure, Gray, Richarlison
Potential Man Utd Starting XI: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Young, Pogba, Matic, Rashford, Mata, Martial, Lukaku
Stats & Facts
- United have only won 1 of their last 5 away games.
- Watford have scored 2+ goals in 7 of their last 8 games.
- Watford recently stopped a run of 7 games without a clean sheet with back to back wins to nil.
- 8 of United’s last 10 games have had under 2.5 goals.
- United have kept 4 clean sheets out of their 6 away games, but both times they have conceded (Stoke, Huddersfield), they have conceded more than once.
Head To Head
- There have been 21 games with 14 United wins, 3 Watford victories and 4 draws.
- United have won 11 of the last 12 ties between the sides.
- 7 of the last 9 games at Vicarage Road between these teams have had BTTS.
- BTTS United win in 4 out of their last 5 trips to Watford.
- BTTS Watford win – 8/1
- Over 1.5 Watford goals – 3/1
- Over 2.5 goals BTTS – 5/4
Watford 5/1 Draw 3/1 United 11/20