Watford v West Ham Betting Preview | 19th November
In our Watford v West Ham betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday’s Premier League clash.
Watford v West Ham Betting Preview
Venue: Vicarage Road
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
David Moyes leads West Ham into battle for the first time on Sunday as his new team travels across London to face Watford.
A debut win for the Scot, in what is his 500th match as a Premier League manager, would see the Hammers climb out of the relegation zone.
Watford boss Marco Silva will be delighted to get back to matters on the pitch, having been heavily linked with the Everton job during the international break.
The Hornets will be looking for a response in front of their home faithful after losing their last three league games.
Watford stopper Heurelho Gomes has recovered from the gashed head he suffered at Goodison Park two weeks ago and has been passed fit to start.
Christian Kabasele, Sebastian Prodl and Roberto Pereyra could all potentially return from injury in time to take part.
Younes Kaboul remains sidelined and club captain Troy Deeney remains suspended.
Pablo Zabaleta returns from suspension for the visitors but striker Javier Hernandez misses out with a hamstring injury.
Michael Antonio is expected to be passed fit despite also having hamstring concerns.
Potential Watford Starting XI: Gomes, Femenia, Kabasele, Britos, Holebas, Doucoure, Cleverley, Carrillo, Capoue, Richarlison, Pereyra.
Potential West Ham Starting XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Fonte, Reid, Masuaku, Obiang, Kouyate, Antonio, Lanzini, Arnautovic, Ayew.
Head To Head
- Watford have only managed one home victory in a previous 13 attempts against West Ham, losing eight and drawing the other four.
- However, the home side have faired better in recent years, winning three and drawing two of the last six meetings between the sides.
- David Moyes’ last win as a Premier League manager came against Marco Silva in a 2-0 win against the Portuguese’s Hull City side in 2016.
Stats & Facts
- Watford have lost eight points from leading positions so far this campaign, which is the worst record in the league.
- They also have the worst record for the amount of goals conceded from a set piece (11).
- The Hornets are on the same points as they were at this point last season under former manager Walter Mazzarri.
- West Ham have won only one of their last 13 away matches.
- The Hammers have the Premier League’s worst defensive record this season, conceding 23 goals from 11 games.
- West Ham’s players have covered less ground and made fewer sprints this season than any other top flight side.
Watford 3/1, Draw – 10/3, West Ham – 11/4
- Both teams to score – 4/6
- Andre Ayew first goalscorer – 8/1
- Richarlison anytime scorer – 2/1