West Ham v Liverpool Betting Preview | 4th November
In our West Ham v Liverpool betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head to head, popular bets and more for Saturday’s evening’s Premier League clash.
West Ham v Liverpool Betting Preview
Venue: London Stadium
Channel: BT Sport 1
Jurgen Klopp will be hoping to keep ex-Liverpool forward Andy Carroll quiet when his Liverpool side take on West Ham in Saturday’s late kick off.
The West Ham target man has yet to find the net this season, despite West Ham’s recent good fortune in front of goal while Klopp’s side will be boosted by their recent clean-sheet.
A 3-2 victory over Tottenham and a 2-2 stalemate with bottom side Crystal Palace, however, was preceded by a 3-0 defeat at home to newly-promoted Brighton. As for the home side, they finally turned chances into goals by cruising by Huddersfield 3-0, but were embarrassed by top 4 rivals Tottenham 4-1. Another champions league hopeful stood in their way prior to the spurs visit, and Liverpool failed to break the deadlock in a 0-0 draw with Manchester United.
That has been the story of the season for the The Reds, an inability to capitalise on a mass of created opportunities. Liverpool have managed just one shot less than league leaders Manchester City in the overall standings for the season, but currently sit 12 points behind in the league having scored 18 less goals and winning 5 less games as a result.
Defenders James Collins, Jose Fonte and Sam Byrom join midfielder Michail Antonio on the sideline through injury.
Pablo Zabaleta is suspended.
Liverpool are without key player Philippe Coutinho who has only a slight chance of featuring should he recover from injury. He joins defender Nathaniel Clyne on the sideline with Sadio Mane, Adam Lallana and Giorgina Wijnaldum who are all injured.
Potential West Ham Starting XI: Hart, Ogbonna, Kouyate, Cresswell, Noble, Lanzini, Fernandes, Masuaku, Hernandez, Ayew
Potential Liverpool Starting XI: Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan, Matip, Gomez, Henderson, Can, Milner, Firmino, Sturridge, Salah
Stats & Facts
- Liverpool have not conceded a goal against teams currently in the bottom eight.
- West Ham have conceded two or more goals in their previous three matches.
- The Hammers have scored two goals in their last two fixtures.
- Andre Ayew is West Ham’s top scorer (5) and has three goals in two games in all competitions. Javier Hernandez is second (4) and also scored in West Ham’s last match.
- Andy Carroll has received 2 yellow cards and a red card (2 further yellows) in 6 matches this season.
Head To Head
- These sides have met on no less than 113 times.
- Liverpool currently hold the bragging rights having beaten West Ham for the 60th in the last meeting, 4-0.
- West Ham have won on 24 occasions.
West Ham – 17/4, Draw – 10/3, Liverpool – 4/6
- Liverpool / O 2.5 goals – 5/4
- Liverpool to win to nil – 2/1