West Ham v Man City Betting Preview | 29th April
In our West Ham v Manchester City betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Super Sunday’s Premier League clash.
West Ham v Man City Betting Preview
Venue: Olympic Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event/Premier League
Already crowned champions Manchester City stand in the way of West Ham’s survival plan.
The hammers are again quickly sinking into trouble following their 1-1 draw with fellow strugglers Stoke City and then suffered defeat with the visit of Arsenal.
Defeat in this fixture would mean West Ham remain just three points clear of the drop.
Manchester City know all about winning matches and claimed the title following their 3-1 victory over Champions League chasing Tottenham Hotspur and even before a 5-0 thrashing of Swansea City.
The champions were defeated twice in the Champions League by Liverpool, however, meaning the remaining Premier League fixtures are City’s only concern now.
Hosts West Ham are without defensive trio Pedro Obiang, Sam Byram and Winston Reid as well as forward Michail Antonio.
Defender James Collins could be passed fit for the game.
The away side are without striker Sergio Aguero and defender John Stones due to injury.
David Silva is absent from the City squad with personal.
Potential West Ham Starting XI: Hart, Rice, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Zabaleta, Noble, Kouyate, Masuaku, Fernandes, Mario, Arnautovic
Potential Man City Starting XI: Ederson, Danilo, Kompany, Laporte, Delph, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Toure, B Silva, Jesus, Sterling
Head To Head
- These two sides have met on 98 occasions.
- Manchester City hold the bragging rights for 49 victories while 16 ended as a draw.
Stats & Facts
- City won the reverse fixture 2-1.
- The home side have only won one of their previous seven matches.
- The Hammers have failed to score in just one of their last 16 league fixtures.
- 5 of West Ham’s last 7 fixtures have witnessed over 2.5 goals.
- All of City’s last 6 fixtures have seen over 2.5 goals.
- City have lost just once in their last 12 league fixtures.
- City have the 2nd best clean-sheet record in the league (16).
- West Ham 10/1
- Draw 5/1
- Man City 3/10
- Over 2.5 goals 19/40
- BTTS 10/11
- Sterling to score first 4/1
- Arnautovic to score first 10/1
- City to win & over 2.5 4/6