West Ham v Stoke Betting Preview | 16th April
In our West Ham v Stoke betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for this battle for premier league survival.
West Ham v Stoke Betting Preview
Venue: London Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Premier League
Three points for either West Ham or Stoke City from their encounter on Monday night would profoundly aid their chances of survival.
Just seven points separate these two sides who are currently positioned opposite sides of the drop zone.
The gap will be closed to just four points should 19th placed Stoke claim the victory, with just 12 to play for the visitors.
Therefore, should 15th placed West Ham deny their visitors a single point they could well be out of touching distance 10 points ahead, 9 points clear of the bottom three.
A win and a draw in the hosts’ last two fixtures almost masks the fact they follow three straight defeats but has been vital in protecting them against the drop.
The visitors have no such weapon and appear to be lacking any such threat having not won in nine league matches.
The home side are without defensive trio Winston Reid, Pedro Obiang and Sam Byram.
They could be boosted, however, by the returns of Andy Carroll and Manuel Lanzini.
Antonio are Collins are out.
The only unavailable player for the visitors is key forward Maxim Choupo-Moting due to injury.
Potential West Ham Starting XI: Hart, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Rice, Masuaku, Noble, Kouyate, Zabaleta, Mario, Lanzini, Arnautovic
Potential Stoke Starting XI: Butland, Pieters, Martins Indi, Shawcross, Johnson, Sobhi, Ndiaye, Allen, Bauer, Shaqiri, Diouf
Head To Head
- These two sides have met on 59 occasions.
- Stoke City have won the most victories with 23 and there has been 15 draws.
Stats & Facts
- West Ham have just two victories in their previous 10 matches.
- West Ham have conceded three or more goals in four of their last seven fixtures.
- Former Stoke player Marko Arnautovic has two goals in his previous two games for West Ham.
- Stoke haven’t won in nine league matches, just once in fifteen matches.
- Stoke haven’t scored in three of their last six matches.
- West Ham 1/1
- Draw 5/2
- Stoke City 16/5
- Both teams to score 10/11
- Over 2.5 goals 21/20
- Arnautovic to score first 4/1
- Shaqiri to score first 17/2
- Arnautovic to score first and West Ham to win 5/1