Yeovil v Man Utd Betting Preview | 26th January
In our Yeovil v Man Utd betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Friday’s fourth round FA Cup tie.
Yeovil v Man Utd Betting Preview
Venue: Huish Park
Channel: BBC One
Jose Mourinho’s men travel down south to Somerset in their next challenge in the FA Cup, a trophy I am sure the club would love to win. 87 places separate these two in England’s top four divisions, with United as short as 1/6 with most bookmakers proving this separation. These two faced each other at Huish Park not too long ago, in which United ran out 2-0 victors with goals from Herrera and Di Maria in the second half. Yeovil are currently 21st place in league two, just seven points clear of bottom club Barnet, and they have scored in their last six home games.
Manchester United will be looking for a convincing victory on Friday night to prove their class and superiority over the Green and White hoops of Yeovil. They will also be desiring a clean sheet and for them to win to nil at 8/11 looks a great bet, bearing in mind their head to head record against Yeovil (13-0) and their current run of five clean sheets in a row and not losing since their embarrassment at Ashton Gate. United to win nil is my best bet for this one but I would love Yeovil to cause an upset.
Yeovil’s left midfielder Khan is out suspended. Mourinho may rest a few star players.
Potential Yeovil Starting XI: Krysiak, James, Mugabi, Smith, Dickson, Green, Gray, Bird, Wing, Zoko, Surridge
Potential Man Utd Starting XI: Romero, Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, McTominay, Herrera, Lingard, Mata, Rashford
Stats & Facts
- United haven’t conceded since Boxing Day, winning their last four games without conceding.
- United have only lost 1 of their last 12 FA Cup ties.
- Yeovil have not lost an FA Cup game in 90 minutes since their loss to United in 2015, a run of 10 games.
- Yeovil have only failed to score once in their last 14 FA Cup games, against United.
Head To Head
- United have won all three previous ties with an aggregate score of 13-0.
- Yeovil have never scored against United.
- The two sides met in the third round 3 years ago, where United won 0-2.
- Man Utd win to nil – 8/11
- Under 3.5 United goals – 2/5
Yeovil 16/1 Draw 6/1 United 1/6