The League of Legends (LoL) World Championship is the crowning event of all League of Legends esports. Here's all you need to know about the odds on offer for the LoL World Championship, along with betting tips and strategies, popular betting variants, and the event's format and history. Sit back and enjoy!
- League of Legends World Championship – Tournament Structure
- Best Betting Sites for League of Legends World Championship 2023
- League of Legends World Championship – Betting Odds, Tips & Predictions
- League of Legends World Championship – Popular Bets
- League of Legends World Championship – 2021 Schedule
- League of Legends World Championship – History
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- League of Legends World Championship FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
League of Legends World Championship – Tournament Structure
The League of Legends World Championship consists of 24 competing teams:
- The winners of the Summer Splits of each associated Regional League of Legends Tournament (LPL, LEC, LCK, LCS, PCS, VCS, LLA, TCL, LCL, LJL, and the OPL (Split 2))
- 2 teams based on acquired Championship points (LCK and LPL)
- The winners of the LPL and LCK Regional Finals (2 teams in total)
- The LEC Runner-up, 3rd-placed team, and 4th-placed team
- The LCS Summer Runner-up, and 3rd -placed team
- An LPL Summer Qualified team
- The PCS Summer Runner-Up
- The VCS Summer Runner-Up
- The CBLOL Winter Champion
The LPL, LEC, LCK, LCS, PCS, and VCS Summer Winners are seeded into the Group Stage, as are the LPL and LCK teams that qualify via Championship Points, the winner of the LPL Regional Finals, the LEC Summer Runner-up, the 3rd-placed team, and the LCS Summer Runner-up.
The 12 remaining teams are seeded into the Play-in Round 1, where they are divided into 4 Groups. This Round is played on a double round-robin, best-of-one Map basis, with the top 2 teams from each group advancing into the Play-in Round 2.
The 8 advancing teams from the Play-in Round 1 contest one match each (Group Winner vs a Random Runner-up from another Group) on a best-of-five Map basis. The 4 winning teams advance to the Group Stage.
The 12 teams with direct entries to the Group Stage are joined by 4 teams from the Play-in Round 2. The 16 teams are divided into groups of 4, contested on a double round-robin, best-of-one Map basis. The top 2 teams from each group advance to the Knockout Stage.
Each Knockout Stage match is played on a best-of-five Map basis.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
This offer is not only eligible for those who place their first deposit, but can also be used later on. Bonus money must be wagered to 10 times its value before the bonus or any winnings from it can be withdrawn. For example, if you deposit £10 and get £10 bonus, you must bet a total of £100 on markets with odds higher than 1.5 before it’s released for withdrawal. This applies to each bonus amount separately. You have 14 days to complete wagering after each bonus is credited, otherwise the bonus money plus any winnings from it will be removed from your balance. The offer is limited to one per household.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days. To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days. Wagering requirements vary by game. Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
T&Cs apply. New players only. Qualifying bet(s) must have minimum odds of 3/1 and must be settled before triggering free bet. Free bet must be used on an accumulator with 3 or more selections. 18+. begambleaware.org.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
League of Legends World Championship – Betting Odds, Tips & Predictions
See below for 2021 League of Legends World Championship betting odds, tips, and predictions, as well as popular betting variants.
League of Legends World Championship Odds – bet365
League of Legends World Championship Betting Tips & Predictions
There are some factors you should always take into consideration when betting on the League of Legends World Championship:
- Avoid punting on just one single bookmaker. Expanding your betting portfolio to include esports betting UK allows you to gauge the odds on offer and bet accordingly. A certain betting site may be offering a better quality of LoL World Championship odds than another, and you're more likely to reap greater profits if you broaden your betting horizons as this will enable you to determine the LoL World Championship teams a betting site favours.
- Teams with a lower quality of associated odds are more likely to win their matches in the eyes of betting sites.
- Go through LoL World Championship rankings, team form guides, fixture history, and previous tournament results. Such statistical insights will enable you to determine how a team has fared in previous tournaments, its form in recent times, and how it may fare in upcoming editions of the tournament. That being said, you shouldn't rely on rankings alone, as some teams may surprise you despite being ranked lower than other competing teams.
- Watch your favourite teams playing a few matches, as this will help you understand the strategies a team may employ in due course of a match, the gameplays they use, and whether a team assigns specific roles to its players, all of which might inform your prediction of how one team may fare against another. You can do this through live streaming, which will enable you to determine the flow of a match. Twitch and YouTube are among the best streaming platforms for LoL World Championship betting, as are bet365 and Luckbox.
- Go one step further and actually play League of Legends to better understand the intricacies of the game, including the strategies and ploys a player/team may employ during a competitive match.
- Always practise a safe brand of LoL World Championship betting, and devise an intelligent betting plan so you don't end up wasting your money. Be sure to check out our esports betting guide for beginners!
Do you prefer betting on football? Visit Kickform now to get the latest match stats, predictions, odds and tips on all the top European football leagues. It's free to use and uses a data-driven football formula to increase accuracy and reliability!
League of Legends World Championship – Popular Bets
Predict the winner of the League of Legends World Championship.
Predict the winner of a League of Legends World Championship match.
Predict which weaker LoL World Championship-based team will be handed a Map-based advantage, and which stronger LoL World Championship-based team will be handed a Map-based disadvantage.
For example, let’s take an imaginary match to be contested between SK Telecom T1 and Cloud9 in the League of Legends World Championship. SK Telecom T1 has been handed a Handicap of -1.5, while Cloud9 has been handed a Handicap of +1.5 (13.20). This means that SK Telecom T1 must win the match by a margin of 2 or more Maps for you to win a bet placed on the team, while Cloud9 must either win the match in question or lose by just 1 Map for you to win a bet placed on Cloud9.
Predict the total number of Maps that will be contested by both teams throughout an LoL World Championship match over/under a number, as specified by the betting site.
Map Team to Destroy the 1st Tower
Predict the LoL World Championship team to first destroy an opposing team’s Turret (Tower) in due course of an LoL Map.
Map Team to Slay the 1st Dragon
Predict which LoL World Championship will first slay a Dragon in due course of an LoL Map.
Map First to 10 Kills
Predict which LoL World Championship team will first kill 10 opposing Champions in due course of an LoL Map.
Map First Blood
Predict which LoL World Championship team will first kill an opposing Champion in due course of an LoL Map.
League of Legends World Championship – 2021 Schedule
The dates for the 2021 League of Legends World Championship haven't been announced yet, but we'll be updating this page once they're released. Watch this page!
The tournament will take place at the Shanghai Stadium in Shanghai, China.
League of Legends World Championship – History
The first edition of the League of Legends World Championship, contested in 2011, came with 8 competing teams, with Fnatic emerging victorious. The 2012 edition came with 12 participating teams, while 2013 saw the involvement of 14 teams. The number of teams were expanded from 14 to 16 between 2014 and 2016, after which 24 teams were brought into the mix from 2017 onwards.
The League of Legends World Championship is organised by Riot Games, and is one of the most popular esports-based tournaments in the world. Apart from prize money, the winner of the LoL World Championship is handed the 70-pound Summoner’s Cup. The 2020 edition of the LoL World Championship came with a prize pool of $2,225,000.
League of Legends World Championship – Past Winners
|2019||Paris||FunPlus Phoenix||G2 Esports|
|2017||Beijing||Samsung Galaxy||SK Telecom T1|
|2016||Los Angeles||SK Telecom T1||Samsung Galaxy|
|2015||Berlin||SK Telecom T1||KOO Tigers|
|2014||Seoul||Samsung White||Star Horn Royal Club|
|2013||Los Angeles||SK Telecom T1||Royal Club|
|2012||Los Angeles||Taipei Assassins||Azubu Frost|
|2011||Jonkoping||Fnatic||against All authority|
League of Legends World Championship – Regions with Most Titles
|League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK)||5|
|League of Legends Pro League (LPL)||2|
|League of Legends European Championship (LEC)||1|
|League of Legends Master Series (LMS)||1|
League of Legends World Championship – Key Stats
- The 2020 League of Legends World Championship came with a peak concurrent viewership of 3,882,252, and an average concurrent viewership of 1,113,702. In all, 139,862,355 hours of content were consumed in due course of the tournament.
- The League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK) has produced the most successful teams in LoL World Championship history, with 5 of 9 Titles having been won by South Korean teams.
- T1 is the most successful team in LoL World Championship history, having won 3 titles.
Upcoming Sporting Events
League of Legends World Championship FAQs
At a different location each year.
You can live stream LoL World Championship matches on streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube, and popular betting sites like bet365 and Luckbox, among others.
We recommend bet365 and Luckbox.
League of Legends Champions Korea (5 titles).
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The League of Legends World Championship is the most anticipated event of all League of Legends esports. The tournament consists of 24 competing teams, vying for bragging rights as the best League of Legends-based team in the world.
Before punting on a League of Legends World Championship-based betting market, you should always do your research. Be sure to live stream LoL World Championship matches, which will enable you to ride the momentum of a match and punt accordingly. Check out our compilation of esports tips for more information!
Finally, always practise a safe brand of League of Legends World Championships betting at all times. Refrain from wasting your hard-earned money by devising a thorough betting strategy.