The ATP 1000 Masters Cincinnati Open is a men's hardcourt tennis tournament. Also known as the Western & Southern Open for sponsorship purposes, the event is held at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason, near Cincinnati, Ohio. In this guide, we'll go through everything you need to know about this competition, including the best betting sites, tips, promotions, and more!
- Best Betting Sites for the Cincinnati Open (Western & Southern Open)
- Cincinnati Open Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions, & Predictions
- 5 Reasons To Bet on the Cincinnati Open
- Betting Sites With Western & Southern Open Live Streaming
- Popular Cincinnati Open Betting Markets
- Tournament Structure for the Cincinnati Open
- History of the Western & Southern Open
- Similar Tournaments to the Cincinnati Open
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Best Betting Sites for the Cincinnati Open (Western & Southern Open)
18+. New customers using Promo code R30 only. Min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 3x £10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment methods/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Cincinnati Open Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions, & Predictions
The 2022 Cincinnati Tennis Open is set to take place from Saturday 13th to Sunday 21st August. There are 56 players in the men’s draw, with the top 8 seeds receiving a bye in the first round into the round of the last 32. To get the best Western & Southern Open odds available, check out our list of the best tennis betting sites online.
Cincinnati Open Betting Odds 2022
Cincinnati Open Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
The Western & Southern Open is one of the ATP Masters 1000 tournaments, which, in terms of ranking points and prestige, are one level below the four Grand Slams: Australian Open, French Open, the biggest Grand Slam of them all – Wimbledon, and the US Open. That means the 2022 Cincinnati Open will feature players from the top ATP Tournament rankings.
- The Ohio event is part of the build-up to the US Open, staged in late August and early September. Due to the nature of the tournament, it usually attracts most of the best players in the sport. The defending champion in 2022 is Alexander Zverev of Germany, who was the third seed in 2021, beating Andrey Rublev of Russia in a straight sets final.
- However, just one week after pulling out of the Montreal Masters, Zverev has pulled out of Cincinnati due to torn ligaments in his ankle, having also missed Wimbledon for the same reason.
- Novak Djokovic won the Wimbledon title for the seventh time in July 2022, his 21st Grand Slam event in total. However, vaccination rules mean the Serbian can currently not enter the United States. He is said to be preparing for the US Open, but his participation is ultimately in the hands of President Biden. However, playing in the Cincinnati Masters is most probably not on the agenda.
- Therefore, by the process of elimination, we could not ignore Rafael Nadal, who won his first Cincinnati Masters back in 2013 after beating US player John Isner. The Spaniard has been enjoying a successful 2022 so far, having won both the the Australian Open and the French Open at Roland Garros. His tournament came to a stop after his initial game as he lost to Croatian Borna Ćorić by 2 sets to 1. Nadal managed to recover after having lost first set to a tie break, but Ćorić broke Nadal’s serve in the 6th game of the third set and settled the final set 6-3.
Cincinnati Open Betting Promotions 2022
While there are no specific promotions for the 2022 Cincinnati Open, betting offers linked to tennis can provide a good incentive for punters.
In the past, tennis promos mostly included free bets, particularly for the Grand Slams and Masters events. However, you should bear in mind that such bonuses could be subject to wagering requirements, so be sure to read any accompanying T&Cs carefully.
- New customers with BetVictor are eligible for up to £40 in free bets and 100 free casino spins. You must place a qualifying bet of £10 at even odds of 2.0 or higher.
- When you sign up with William Hill, you can claim a bonus of £30 in three £10 free bets after placing your first bet at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or higher.
- The welcome package with Betfred offers £40 in bonuses. There are qualifying bet requirements to meet, though.
5 Reasons To Bet on the Cincinnati Open
- There are 56 players in the men's draw, including qualifiers and wild cards.
- The top 8 seeds are guaranteed a place in the second round.
- There will be a total of 55 matches to bet on
- A round of elimination will also take place.
- Cash-out will be available at most bookies, offering you more control over your bets.
Betting Sites With Western & Southern Open Live Streaming
The following bookmakers could live stream matches from the tournament:
- William Hill
- Paddy Power
Popular Cincinnati Open Betting Markets
Our partner bookmakers are likely to offer the following betting markets for the Cincinnati Masters:
There will be odds on the outright winner of the Cincinnati Open, which will be updated after each match or round.
To Make the Final
Bookmakers will offer odds on players to qualify for the final. This is akin to an each-way bet, with the prices at half the value of the outright winner odds.
To Win Each Quarter
This market is on the four players to progress to the semi-finals from each quarter of the draw.
As the name suggests, here, you will be able to bet on the winner of each match. This is a two-way market: Player 1 or Player 2. Bookmakers have specific rules for when a player does not complete the match.
Correct Set Match Score
Correct score set betting has four outcomes: 2-0 or 2-1 for Player 1 and 2-0 or 2-1 for Player 2.
Correct Game Set Score
Correct score game betting has 14 potential outcomes: 6-0 to 7-6 for Player 1 and 6-0 to 7-6 for Player 2.
Total Number of Games
The total number of games in a match is expressed as over/under a number in half games to eliminate any tie.
Will There Be a Tie Break?
The possible outcomes are Yes and No.
Bookmakers will accept bets on match accumulators, but not a double on a match winner and the outright winner, since these outcomes are related.
Tournament Structure for the Cincinnati Open
The ATP tournament is played over nine days, with the 24 first-round winners and top 8 seeds proceeding to the second round after getting a bye. The event then becomes a straight knockout with predefined brackets. If the event goes strictly to form, the number 1 and number 2 seeds will meet in the final, and the winner will claim a prize fund of $10 million.
The Cincinnati Open is staged on a much smaller scale than the US Open, and the venue is more intimate. That means that the audience is relatively close to the players, with the main show court having a capacity of 11,500 spectators.
History of the Western & Southern Open
The Cincinnati Open, in its different guises, was first played in 1899. It is the oldest US men’s event played in the city that first hosted the tournament. The 2022 renewal is the 122nd in the history of the event!
Recent Cincinnati Open Winners
The table below displays the winners and losing finalists in the Cincinnati Open over the last 10 years and the score in sets and games:
|2021||Alexander Zverev||Andrey Rublev||2-0 / 6-2, 6-3|
|2020||Novak Djokovic||Milos Raonic||2-1 / 1-6, 6-3, 6-4|
|2019||Daniil Medvedev||David Goffin||2-0 / 7-6, 6-4|
|2018||Novak Djokovic||Roger Federer||2-0 / 6-4, 6-4|
|2017||Grigor Dimitrov||Nick Krygios||2-0 / 6-3, 7-5|
|2016||Marin Cilic||Andy Murray||2-0 / 6-4, 7-5|
|2015||Roger Federer||Novak Djokovic||2-0 / 7-6, 6-3|
|2014||Roger Federer||David Ferrer||2-1 / 6-3, 1-6, 6-2|
|2013||Rafael Nadal||John Isner||2-0 / 7-6, 7-6|
|2012||Roger Federer||Novak Djokovic||2-0 / 6-0, 7-6|
Cincinnati Open Key Stats
We now present some interesting statistics related to the Cincinnati Open:
- Six finals this century have gone to three sets, including two since 2014.
- Andy Roddick was the last US winner in 2006.
- Novak Djokovic has lost five finals.
- Andy Murray is the only British winner.
- Mark Cox, Tim Henman, and Andy Murray are the only British losing finalists.
- Roger Federer has won seven of his eight finals.
- Since 2012, there has only been one set won to nil in the final.
- Over the last 20 years, three outright winners lost the first set in the final.
- The last nine losing finalists came from different countries.
- There have been 11 final tie breaks since 2000.
Similar Tournaments to the Cincinnati Open
Let's take a look at a list of the other ATP Masters 1000 tournaments, with the surface and 2022 dates:
- 14th – 21st August, 2022: Canadian Open in Canada on hardcourts.
- 9th – 16th October, 2022: Shanghai Masters in China on hardcourts.
- 31st October – 6th November, 2022: Paris Masters in France indoors on hardcourts.
- 6th – 19th March, 2023: Indian Wells Masters in the USA on hardcourts.
- 20th March – 2nd April, 2023: Miami Open in the USA on hardcourts.
- 10th – 16th April, 2023: Monte Carlo Masters in France on clay.
- 24th April – 7th May, 2023: Madrid Open in Spain on clay.
- 16th – 24th May, 2023: Italian Open in Italy on clay.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Cincinnati Open Betting FAQs
In the absence of Alexander Zverev and Novak Djokovic's fate up in the air, the favourite will probably be Rafael Nadal.
Alexander Zverev beat Andrey Rublev in the final of the 2021 Cincinnati Masters.
There are 56 players in the main draw for this tournament.
The tournament prize fund is $10 million.
Amazon Prime will show matches live in the UK.
The 9-day tournament features 55 matches played in the knockout format.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
With Alexander Zverev out of the picture and Novak Djokovic's participation in so much doubt, our bet is on Rafael Nadal to win the Cincinnati Western & Southern Open. Having won the 2022 Australian Open, the ‘King of Clay' has already conquered the surface this year at arguably the most challenging venue of its kind. If he does claim triumph here, it will be the 37th Masters tournament of a long career. Only time will tell, though!
As the tournament draws closer, choose one of our recommended betting sites listed above, sign up, and place your bets!