The European Masters Snooker in 2022 is a ranking tournament that was first played in 1989. The event attracts the best players in the world, so it will provide plenty of excitement in pre-match, live and outright winner betting.
- Tournament Structure for European Masters Snooker
- Best Betting Sites for the European Masters Snooker Betting
- European Masters Snooker Odds, Betting Tips Promotions & Predictions
- Reasons To Bet on European Masters Snooker
- Betting Sites With European Masters Snooker Live Streaming
- Popular European Masters Snooker Betting Markets
- History of European Masters Snooker
- Similar Tournaments To European Masters Snooker
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- European Masters Snooker Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for European Masters Snooker
The first round is the qualifier for the event, played in Leicester in two stages, from 15 July to 24 July. The European Masters Snooker 2022 schedule from the second round is six days in August (16 to 21) in Furth in Germany. However, these first-round matches will be played during the main event.
- Fan Zhengyi vs Michael Judge
- Ronnie O’Sullivan vs Sean O’Sullivan
- Judd Trump vs Noppon SaengKham
- Mark Selby vs Yuan Sijun
The first, second and third rounds are best of 9 frames. The quarter-finals are contested over 11 frames, and the semi-finals feature the best of 11 meetings. The final is the best of 17, which means the first player to win 9 frames is the European Masters Snooker 2022 champion.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 3x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+ ROI Customers only. Deposit & Bet min £5 as first bet at minimum odds 1/2 to qualify for 1x £20 Free Bet. Certain deposit methods and bet types excluded. Free bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New Customer Offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £10. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
European Masters Snooker Odds, Betting Tips Promotions & Predictions
The European Masters Snooker 2022 schedule is from 16 August to 21 August. The event is the first ranking tournament of the season, so we expect all the leading players in the standings to take part, including the defending champion, Fan Zhengyi of China.
European Masters Snooker Betting Odds 2022
At the time of this preview, no major bookmaker has issued any outright winner odds. However, once we have betting information about the tournament, we will share the odds on the best snooker betting sites.
European Masters Snooker Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
- Sometimes in sports betting, it does not pay to ignore the obvious, and in snooker ranking tournaments, that means the Rocket. Ronnie O’Sullivan is the current champion after his seventh title in the ‘Holy Grail’ of the sport at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield in May.
- Arguably the GOAT (Greatest of all Time), he has won 39 ranking titles in total from 61 finals. Interestingly, O’Sullivan has lost seven of the last 10 finals, including in the 2021/22 European Masters, when he lost 10-9 to Zhengyi and, in this event, to Judd Trump in 2016.
- Your banker O’Sullivan bet can be complemented by identifying some betting value in an outsider. That could be Shaun Murphy. The current world number 9 should be about 33/1, and the place terms for snooker tournaments are generally one-half the win odds for two places.
- Murphy won the event in 2007 at the Malta Cup. He defended his title a year later, but it was not a ranking tournament. The winner of the World Championship in 2005 won the last of his nine ranking tournaments in the 2020 Welsh Open, and was beaten by Mark Selby in the 2021 world final.
- There is value in backing Murphy each way, but we can’t get away from O’Sullivan as the winner. At the top of his game, he is currently the best player in the sport.
European Masters Snooker Betting Promotions 2022/23
The event's main sponsors are BetVictor, who also sponsor the snooker Shoot Out. We expect them and our best bookies to have snooker-related promotions for the European Masters.
Bettors must opt in to the offer, which is in the form of 3 x £10 free bets and a casino bonus. The free bets must also be staked at Evens (2.00) or bigger, and any returns do not include the free bet stake.
Each free bet must be used in one transaction, and the bonus expires after 30 days. At that point, any unused free bets will be lost, and any returns will exclude the stake.
Reasons To Bet on European Masters Snooker
The nature of the tournament provides the following reasons to bet on the event:
- 128 entries, including established players, veterans and new talent
- 1st round to quarter-finals are played over 9 frames, so there is potential for outsiders to win matches
- Numerous live betting opportunities on 127 matches in total
- Final played best of 17 frames which favours the better players
- Many opportunities for event and player specials
- Competitive betting market for the highest break and the player who achieves it
The bookies on here will give punters an exciting betting experience during the European Masters Snooker. It is a different tournament compared to The Cazoo Masters, which is an invitational event.
Betting Sites With European Masters Snooker Live Streaming
Several UK betting sites offer live streaming of various sports, including football, tennis and horse racing. However, at this stage, there is no information about which of the following live streaming bookies will provide this service for the European Masters Snooker in 2022:
Popular European Masters Snooker Betting Markets
Our bookmaker partners will cover the following markets during the European Masters Snooker in 2022. For most of these markets, you will be able to place an in-play bet.
The objective is to predict the winner of the tournament. Leading contenders in betting have a good record in ranking tournaments because of the nature of the format. However, you could have backed Fan Zhengyi at over 100/1 to win this event last season.
- To Make the Final
Bookmakers issue odds on any player to make the final. In effect, it is an each-way bet with two elements: win the event or be the losing finalist.
- Highest Break
With 127 matches involving the top-ranked players, the snooker will be of the highest quality. The highest break last season was 144, but if Ronnie O’Sullivan and others get in a groove, that figure could be beaten this time.
- Player To Make the Highest Break
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh recorded the highest break in the tournament last season, in the qualifying stages. However, it’s probably wise to stick to the usual suspects (O’Sullivan, Trump and Selby) if you have a bet in this market.
- Match Winner
You can bet on the winner of the 127 matches from the first round to the final. This is a two-way market, and there is almost always a definite outcome. There have been rare occasions when a player does not complete a match, and each bookmaker has rules to cover this eventuality.
- Correct Frame Score
Picking the correct score is a more speculative option, but that is reflected in the odds. There is a relationship between the match winner and the correct score. In a 9-frame match, there are 10 potential outcomes: 5-0, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3 and 5-4 for the favourite and underdog.
- Frame Handicap
Frame handicap betting is designed to attract two-way money when there is a big favourite and underdog in a match. In the early rounds, over 9 frames, the outsider could get a head start of 4.5, 3.5, 2.5 or 1.5 frames. The result is adjusted for the handicap in half frames, so there is no tie.
- Will There Be a Maximum Break?
This market has just two possible outcomes: Yes and No. Statistically, it’s odds-on that nobody will achieve the ultimate in a frame at the European Masters Snooker in 2022. If there is more than one maximum break, the bet is settled as ‘Yes’.
You will have the option to place accumulator bets on the winners of four or more matches, in addition to singles, doubles and trebles.
History of European Masters Snooker
The European Master Snooker was first played in 1989. It has had various titles and has been absent from the schedule for a number of years. The 2022/23 renewal will be the event’s 24th year. It took its current title in 2016 and has been a ranking event every year other than 2008.
Recent European Masters Snooker Winners
This table below shows the winners and losing finalists over the last 10 years, as well as the score by which the players beat their opponents in the finals:
|2022 (February)||Fan Zhengyi||Ronnie O’Sullivan||10-9|
|2020 (September)||Mark Selby||Martin Gould||9-8|
|2020 (January)||Neil Robertson||Zhou Yuelong||9-0|
|2018||Jimmy Robertson||Joe Perry||9-6|
|2017||Judd Trump||Stuart Bingham||9-7|
|2016||Judd Trump||Ronnie O’Sullivan||9-8|
|2008||Shaun Murphy||Ken Doherty||9-3|
|2007||Shaun Murphy||Ryan Day||9-4|
|2006||Ken Doherty||John Higgins||9-8|
|2005||Stephen Hendry||Graeme Dott||9-7|
European Masters Snooker Key Stats
Here are some fascinating facts about the European Masters Snooker:
- English players won the first five events.
- The losing finalists were English in six of the first nine renewals.
- The winners in 13 of the first 14 events were from England or Scotland.
- Neil Robertson (Australia, January 2020) and Fan Zhengyi (China, February 2022) are the only non-UK and Ireland champions.
- Stephen Hendry holds the record for finals (7), winning four and losing three.
- There has only been one whitewash: Neil Robertson beat Zhou Yuelong without losing a frame in the January 2020 final.
- Germany will be the 9th host nation this August.
- Malta has staged the European Masters Snooker the most: eight tournaments.
- Five finals went to a deciding frame: 1989, 2006, 2016, January 2020 and February 2022.
Similar Tournaments To European Masters Snooker
Similar ranking tournaments that determine the standings by awarding ranking points include:
- British Open: Marshall Arena in Milton Keyes from 26 September to 2 October 2022
- Northern Ireland Open: Waterfront Hall in Belfast from 16 October to 23 October 2022
- UK Championship: York from 12 November to 20 November 2022
- Scottish Open: Meadowbank in Edinburgh from 28 November to 4 December 2022
- Welsh Open: Venue Cymru in Llandudno from 13 February to 19 February 2023
- World Championship: Crucible Theatre in Sheffield from 15 April to 1 May 2023
Upcoming Sporting Events
European Masters Snooker Betting FAQs
Ronnie O’Sullivan is the obvious favourite, but Judd Trump could also be at the head of the betting.
Fan Zhengyi beat Ronnie O’Sullivan in the final of the European Masters Snooker last season.
There are 128 players competing from the first round.
The first prize for the upcoming European Masters Snooker is £80,000.
British Eurosport will provide live TV coverage of the tournament.
128 players will contest this knockout tournament in July and August 2022.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Ronnie O’Sullivan can win his 40th ranking title, stretching from 1993 to 2022, in the European Masters Snooker 2022. Two-time winner, Shaun Murphy, offers some value in each-way betting and, depending on his draw, could go a long way in Germany. Murphy is on the opposite side of the draw to O’Sullivan, so our two tips could meet in the final. Happy betting!