The snooker UK Championship is the season’s first Triple Crown event, taking place this year from 23rd November until 5th of December 2021 at Barbican Centre, York. 128 snooker players will compete for the UK Championship trophy and winner’s prize of £200,000, with all the best bookies offering snooker UK Championship betting markets with favourable odds. Australia’s Neil Robertson is the defending champion, but can he retain his title?
- Best Betting Sites for the Snooker UK Championship 2021
- Best Bookies for the Snooker UK Championship 2021 – Top 5 Ranked
- UK Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the UK Championship
- UK Championship Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular Snooker UK Championship 2021 Betting Markets
- Tournament Structure for the UK Championship 2021
- History of the UK Championship
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the UK Championship
- Snooker UK Championship Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10or more bets to receive £20in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ | New UK players only | Min deposit req. £10 | Certain deposit methods excluded | Place 1 sport bet (3+ selections) | Excl Horse Racing | Min stake £10 | Max stake £20 | Min Odds 1/5 (1.5) for each selection | Max FreeBet £20 for football only | FreeBet valid for 7 days| FreeBet stake not returned | Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+ ROI Customers only. Deposit & Bet min £5 as first bet at minimum odds 1/2 to qualify for 1x £20 Free Bet. Certain deposit methods and bet types excluded. Free bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Bookies for the Snooker UK Championship 2021 – Top 5 Ranked
UK Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The 2021 UK Championship snooker event will begin on Tuesday 23rd November and come to an end on Sunday the 5th of December. The event, which is the first Triple Crown and fifth ranking event of the 2021–22 snooker season, will take place at the York Barbican.
UK Championship Betting Odds 2021
|Judd Trump||7/2||Paddy Power|
|Ronnie O'Sullivan||11/2||William Hill|
|John Higgins||12/1||Paddy Power|
|Shaun Murphy||20/1||William Hill|
|Ding Junhui||33/1||Paddy Power|
|Mark Williams||40/1||Paddy Power|
|Barry Hawkins||50/1||Paddy Power|
|Jack Lisowski||50/1||William Hill|
|Ali Carter||100/1||Paddy Power|
UK Championship Betting Tips & Predictions 2021
- It has only been a matter of hours since the final of the Champion of Champions wrapped up in Bolton this week with a Judd Trump win and already, we have another top snooker event to look forward to. The 45th staging of the UK Championship gets underway this Tuesday at the York Barbican.
- From November 23 through December 5, the world’s top snooker players will compete for one of the most prestigious titles in the sport. First contested in 1977, the 128 competitors will all be looking to win their next seven matches in order to take down one of the biggest prizes on offer. After his dramatic 10-9 win last year, the current UK Championship champ is Australia’s Neil Robertson who will be back to defend his crown, but will be up against the esteemed likes of John Higgins, Mark Williams, Shaun Murphy, Kyren Wilson, Ding Junhui and Mark Allen.
- Now that Trump is back amongst the trophies, he has to be considered to be the favourite, but its Mark Selby who offers the value in terms of the odds. The streaky Neil Robertson has to be in consideration also, but given his shorter price, we would opt for John Higgins. One of the greats of the game, the Wizard of Whishaw has reached the last three finals on offer to him but has lost them all. Such form means that another final is not unthinkable and with his incredible bouncebackability, Higgins is definitely strong enough to break his unlucky sequence which, coupled with his glorious form, makes him a real threat this week.
UK Championship Betting Promotions 2021
- When new customers bet their first £10 at 888sport, they can get £30 and a £10 casino bonus in return.
- Another good promotion to use on the snooker is QuinnBet’s £25 in free bets plus 50 free spins for the casino.
5 Reasons to Bet on the UK Championship
- It is the season’s first Triple Crown event…
- … and also the fifth ranking tourney of the season.
- The world’s top snooker players will be in action.
- There is a prize fund worth over £1 million.
- The action comes from the York Barbican.
UK Championship Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- William Hill
Popular Snooker UK Championship 2021 Betting Markets
While the classic game of snooker has been popular in the UK for more than 100 years, its appeal overseas has increased considerably over time. Most online bookies offer odds on this event, and punters are getting more involved in UK Championship snooker betting too. This elegant game is attracting bettors from around the globe, and the most common betting markets are explained in more detail hereunder.
Outright Tournament Winner Betting
Placing a wager on the outright tournament winner is the most straightforward and commonplace betting market at online bookies. They provide the latest updated odds on all snooker players to win the event outright and be crowned UK champion. From 128 competitors, there can be only one champion; the trick is choosing the correct one! Nevertheless, bookmakers have odds for all the competitors. Pick the right player, and you might just have a winning bet on your hands.
Best Snooker UK Championship betting site for Tournament Winner: bet365
Match Win Betting
A match win bet is as straightforward as betting on the competition winner. As the name implies, this bet is for the outcome of a particular match, not the entire tournament. It is a famous market as there are many bitter rivalries among snooker players, making for some fiercely contested games.
Best Snooker UK Championship betting site for Match Win: bwin
Frame Win Betting
A frame bet requires a prediction about which player will win the most frames, the next frame, or a precise number. A frame is a mini-set that forms part of a match. Competitors play to the best of a set number of frames, and in each frame, the player needs to clear the full snooker table of all the balls up until an unattainable points score is obtained.
Best Snooker UK Championship betting site for frame win: Dafabet
Frame Handicap Betting
Frame handicaps are commonplace at online bookies. They offer handicaps when a particular player is considerably more skilled and is a favourite to win. To reduce the advantage and level the playing field, bookies provide handicap betting of frames specifically designed to counter the likely frame margin a player possesses and the favourite is expected to win by.
Best Snooker UK Championship betting site for frame handicaps: bet365
Tournament Structure for the UK Championship 2021
The UK Championship is the most eagerly anticipated and popular snooker contest in the world, forming part of the famous snooker Triple Crown. That means that players need to compete in and win the three most prestigious snooker tournaments – the UK Championships, the World Championships and the Invitational Masters – in the same season. The winner of the Triple Crown receives a crown crest to wear on their waistcoats.
The event features 123 professionals and five amateur players. In 2020, the event carried a purse worth more than £1 million, which will again be the case in 2021. Each round is played to a best-of-11-frames format except for the final. which is a best-of-19-frames match.
In 2020, Neil Robertson of Australia and England’s Judd Trump, then the world number one, went toe-to-toe in a dramatic final, where Robertson triumphed by 10 frames to nine.
History of the UK Championship
The snooker UK Championship started in 1977 and was held in Blackpool. The competition later moved to Preston, where it ran until 1997. Subsequently, the tournament moved to Bournemouth for a few years until 2001, when it made its home the Barbican Centre in York.
Patsy Fagan won the inaugural tournament in 1977 by defeating Doug Mountjoy. Many of the big names in snooker had already won the prestigious event with notable finals, for instance in 1983, when Alex Higgins faced Steve Davis. In 1993, Ronnie O’Sullivan became the youngest winner of the UK Championship when he took the title at the age of 17 years and 358 days. Other famous wins included Trump in 2011, and in 2018, O’Sullivan overtook Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry.
The first seven iterations of the snooker UK Championship up till 1983 weren’t ranking events; moreover, only UK residents were permitted to enter the competition. In 1984, the snooker UK Championship became a ranking event open to all players. Before the International and the China Championship started, the UK Championship was the second-highest-ranking event in the world. In the 1980s and the early part of the 1990s, the championship finals were contested over a best-of-31, first to 16. Compare that to the present, when the finals are fought over a best-of-19, first to 10 matchups.
All victories in the UK Championship were achieved by just four snooker players since 2012 – Robertson, Selby, Trump, and O’Sullivan – up until 2018. Neil Robertson, the defending champion, is back to defend his throne, and Ronnie O’Sullivan is also a top contender. O’Sullivan currently leads with seven wins, Steve Davis won six times, and Stephen Hendry won five times.
Past Winners of the UK Championship
UK Championship Key Stats
- The total prize pool is of a whopping £1,009,000, and £200,000 goes to the winner.
- Ronnie O’Sullivan won the tournament a record of 7 times.
- Steve Davis is second with 6 victories.
- Davis though has made the final on 10 occasions, losing four of them.
- O’Sullivan has only lost one of his eight final appearances.
- In 2005, Ding Junhui became the first non-British winner of the event since Patsy Fagan won the inaugural event back in 1977.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the UK Championship
- (2022 date TBC) English Open: This event is another ranking event on the men’s professional snooker tour.
- 9th – 16th January 2022, The Masters: Held at the Alexandra Palace each January, this is the second oldest tourney in the game and makes up one leg of the sport’s Triple Crown.
- 16th April – 2nd May 2022, World Championships: The final leg of the Triple Crown and the biggest tournament in the sport.
Snooker UK Championship Betting FAQs
The tournament will be broadcast live on the BBC.
The venue for the 2021 UK championship event is the York Barbican Centre in York.
The event begins on 23rd of November and finishes on Sunday the 5th of December.
The total prize money is over £1 million, of which over £200,000 goes to the outright winner.
Ronnie O’Sullivan has won a record seven times, while Steve Davis is in second place with six victories.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The snooker UK championship is a hugely anticipated and eagerly awaited snooker tournament, with multiple betting markets provided by the best bookmakers. Who will claim the lion’s share of the spoils of victory?
Snooker fans will once again be looking forward to the world number one Judd Trump locking horns with world champion Mark Selby in another epic battle, while world number four Neil Robertson will be hoping to hold on to the trophy. Elsewhere, can Ronnie O'Sullivan manage another win to add to his impressive tally?
Don’t miss out on betting snooker UK championship, and don't forget to keep checking back here for the best odds!