One of the top events for snooker, the UK Championship is the the season’s first Triple Crown event, normally hosted at the Barbican Centre in York. Here’s all you need to know about this tournament, including the latest odds, our betting tips and predictions, and the best promotions available to claim.
- Tournament Structure for the Cazoo UK Championship 2022
- Best Betting Sites for the Cazoo UK Championship 2022
- Cazoo UK Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Cazoo UK Championship
- Cazoo UK Championship Betting Sites With Livestreaming
- Popular Cazoo UK Championship 2022 Snooker Betting Markets
- History of the Cazoo UK Championship
- Past Winners of the Cazoo UK Championship
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the Cazoo UK Championship
- Cazoo UK Championship Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the Cazoo UK Championship 2022
The UK Championship is one of the most eagerly anticipated and popular snooker contests in the world, forming part of the famous Triple Crown, alongside the World Championships and the Masters.
That means that the players who win these three most prestigious snooker tournaments throughout their career are considered Triple Crown Champions, who receive a crown crest to wear on their waistcoats as a reward.
Now named the Cazoo UK Championship for sponsorship reasons, the event's format is set to change slightly from previous years. This new structure will ensure that best 16 players in the world take part, with all stages broadcast on TV.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards or Apple Pay will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ | New UK players only | Min deposit req. £10 | Certain deposit methods excluded | Place 1 sport bet (3+ selections) | Excl Horse Racing | Min stake £10 | Max stake £20 | Min Odds 1/5 (1.5) for each selection | Max FreeBet £20 for football only | FreeBet valid for 7 days| FreeBet stake not returned | Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+ ROI Customers only. Deposit & Bet min £5 as first bet at minimum odds 1/2 to qualify for 1x £20 Free Bet. Certain deposit methods and bet types excluded. Free bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Cazoo UK Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
From the 5th to the 12th November, 112 professionals and the 16 amateur players will participate in a qualification phase until only 16 players remain. These will then be seeded against the top 16, after which the will continue as a knockout till the final. between the 12th and 20th November.
Each round is played to a best-of-11-frames format except for the final, which is a best-of-19-frames match. This year’s total pot is worth £1,205,000, divided accordingly:
Cazoo UK Championship Betting Odds 2022
|Mark Williams||22/1||Paddy Power|
|Ding Junhui||28/1||Sporting Index|
|Mark Allen||33/1||Bet UK|
Cazoo UK Championship Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
- The very best in snooker will descend to the Barbican Centre in York for the 2022 UK Championship. The 46th edition of the tournament features 32 players all vying for top spot.
- Last year Zhao Xintong beat Luca Brecel with a convincing 10 – 5 win in the final to be crowned UK champion. This was Xintong’s first ranking tournament win. Currently 7th in world ranking, he’ll definitely be one to watch this year.
- The current favourites are also the current top three ranking players in the world: Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump and Neil Robertson. Holding similar odds across most betting sites, these three players are no strangers to victory here. In fact, it is anyone’s guess who will come out on top
- The other two players with great odds are Mark Selby and John Higgins, who have previously won the tournament and have plenty of experience. They’re just as capable of winning the tournament as anyone else.
- The competitiveness of the sport at the highest level means that it truly is an unpredictable event. Although top players take the crown most years, and upsets could always be round the corner, last year’s finalists weren’t even ranked in the top 16 at the time.
- Finally, research is key to ensuring that you get the best out of your bets. Look out for form in previous tournaments, as well as other statistics such as pot accuracy, high breaks, and so on.
Cazoo UK Championship Betting Promotions 2022
- When new customers bet their first £10 at 888sport, they can get £30 and a £10 casino bonus in return.
- Another good promotion to use on snooker is QuinnBet’s 50% in free bets up to £35 plus 10 free spins to use on their casino section.
5 Reasons to Bet on the Cazoo UK Championship
- It is the first Triple Crown and fifth-ranking tourney of the season.
- The world’s top snooker players will be in action.
- The top 16 players enter the televised rounds automatically.
- There is a prize fund worth over £1 million.
- The action comes from the York Barbican.
Cazoo UK Championship Betting Sites With Livestreaming
Live streaming has now become a crucial part of the betting experience, allowing follow the action as it unfolds and place wagers accordingly. Here are the top bookies which offer this valuable service:
- William Hill
Popular Cazoo UK Championship 2022 Snooker Betting Markets
While the classic game of snooker has been popular in the UK for more than 100 years, its appeal overseas has increased considerably over time. Most online bookies offer odds on this sport, with punters getting more involved in UK Championship snooker betting too. Below, we've listed the most common betting markets for this tournament.
Outright Tournament Winner Betting
This tends to be the most straightforward and commonplace betting market, allowing you to predict who will win the event outright and be crowned UK champion. Do your research well, and you might end up with a winning wager on your hands!
Match Win Betting
A match win bet is as straightforward as betting on the competition winner. As the name implies, this bet is for the outcome of a particular match, not the entire tournament. It is a fun market as there are many bitter rivalries among snooker players, making for some fiercely contested games.
Frame Win Betting
A frame bet requires a prediction about which player will win the most frames, the next frame, or a precise number (a frame is a mini-set that forms part of a match). Competitors play to the best of a set number of frames, and in each one, the player needs to clear the full snooker table of all the balls up until an unattainable points score is obtained.
Frame Handicap Betting
Frame handicaps are commonplace at online bookies, handing out a disadvantage to a particular player who is considerably more skilled and is a favourite to win. To level the playing field, bookies provide handicap betting of frames specifically designed to counter the likely frame margin a player possesses and the favourite is expected to win by.
History of the Cazoo UK Championship
The UK Championship started in 1977 and was held in Blackpool. The competition later moved to Preston until 1997, after which it was then hosted by Bournemouth for a few years until 2001, when it made its home the Barbican Centre in York.
Patsy Fagan won the inaugural tournament in 1977 by defeating Doug Mountjoy. Between 1984 and 1987, Steve Davis won four tournaments on the bounce. In 1993, Ronnie O’Sullivan became the youngest winner of the UK Championship when he took the title at the age of 17 years and 358 days. Other famous wins included Trump in 2011, and in 2018 O’Sullivan overtook Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry with his 7th triumph.
The first seven iterations of the snooker UK Championship up till 1983 weren’t ranking events; moreover, only UK residents were permitted to enter the competition. In 1984, the snooker UK Championship became a ranking event open to all players. Before the International and the China Championship started, the UK Championship was the second-highest-ranking event in the world. In the 1980s and the early part of the 1990s, the Championship finals were contested over a best-of-31, first to 16. Compare that to the present, when the finals are fought over a best-of-19, first to 10 matchups.
All victories in the UK Championship were achieved by just four snooker players since 2012 – Robertson, Selby, Trump, and O’Sullivan – up until 2018. Zhao Xintong is the defending champion at the time of writing, with stiff competition coming from the previously mentioned winners, meaning that retaining his crown will surely be a mammoth task. O’Sullivan currently leads the all-time rankings with seven wins, while Steve Davis follows with six and Stephen Hendry with five.
Past Winners of the Cazoo UK Championship
Cazoo UK Championship Key Stats
- The total prize pool is of a whopping £1,205,000, with £250,000 going to the winner.
- Ronnie O’Sullivan won the tournament a record of seven times.
- Steve Davis is second with six victories.
- Davis though has made the final on 10 occasions, losing four of them.
- O’Sullivan has only lost one of his eight final appearances.
- In 2005, Ding Junhui became the first non-British winner of the event since Patsy Fagan won the inaugural event back in 1977.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the Cazoo UK Championship
- 12th – 18th December 2022, English Open: This tournament is another ranking event on the men’s professional snooker tour.
- 8th – 15th January 2023, The Masters: Held at the Alexandra Palace each January, this is the second oldest tourney in the game and makes up one leg of the sport’s Triple Crown.
- 1st – 5th February 2023, The German Masters: The qualifying rounds are played in England until the Round of 32, which is held at the Tempodrom in the German capital Berlin.
- 16th April – 1st May 2023, World Snooker Championships: The final leg of the Triple Crown and the biggest tournament in the sport, famously played at the Crucible theatre in Sheffield, England.
Cazoo UK Championship Betting FAQs
The tournament will be broadcast live on the BBC.
The venue for the 2022 UK championship event is the York Barbican Centre in York.
The event begins on Saturday 12th of November and finishes on Sunday 20th November, with qualifiers beginning on the 5th.
The total prize money is £1,205,000, of which £250,000 goes to the outright winner.
Ronnie O’Sullivan has won a record seven times, while Steve Davis is in second place with six victories.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The UK championship is a hugely anticipated and eagerly awaited snooker tournament, with multiple betting markets provided by the best bookmakers. Don’t miss out on some of the best snooker betting available, and remember to keep checking here for the best odds and predictions!