The RSM Classic is a golf tournament that is a regular stop on the PGA Tour. This year, the tourney will be staged at the Sea Island Golf Club in Georgia between the 17th and 20th November, and will be hosted by Davis Love III. You will find some good value lines for the tournament, so let's take a look at all there is to know!
- Tournament Structure for RSM Classic
- RSM Classic Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons To Bet on RSM Classic
- Betting Sites With RSM Classic Live Streaming
- Popular RSM Classic Betting Markets
- History of RSM Classic
- Similar Tournaments to RSM Classic
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- RSM Classic Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for RSM Classic
Like any other given PGA Tour event, the RSM Classic takes place over four days from a Thursday to Sunday. Following the end of the second round on Friday, a cut line will be imposed, which will see half the field sent home. If it is a relatively low scoring tournament, then the cut line may be set by the tournament organisers at around even par.
The RSM Classic is played on a Scottish-style links course, and some of the Sea Island residents, including Matt Kuchar and Zach Johnson, have enjoyed a lot of success on the PGA Tour.
Prize Money at RSM Classic
The total prize funds stands at around £8m. Meanwhile, the winner will take home £1m on Sunday evening.
Best Betting Sites for RSM Classic Betting Table
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
RSM Classic Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
RSM Classic 2022 Winner Odds
|Tony Finau||8/1||Paddy Power|
|Tom Hoge||28/1||William Hill|
|Mackenzie Hughes||28/1||Paddy Power|
|Matt Kuchar||33/1||Paddy Power|
RSM Classic Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
Although many of the leading lights on the PGA Tour, including Rory McIlroy and Jon Rahm, will be in Dubai for the DP World Tour Championships this week, Tony Finau will take top billing at the RSM Classic in Sea Island. The American was in terrific form last weekend at the Houston Open, as he shot a one-under-par round to cruise to a four-shot victory.
In the past, getting over the finishing line was Finau’s Achilles heel, but last season, he clinched two titles, and he’s already up and running for the 2022/23 campaign. Finau could take some beating, and currently he’s trading as the 8/1 short favourite, which is hard to argue with. With the way he’s going, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him triumph this weekend.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for value, then Taylor Montgomery, who is priced at 28/1 with most leading bookmakers, could be worth exploring further. Montgomery has enjoyed six top-20 finishes in his last six outings on the PGA Tour, and he could spring a surprise. Intriguingly, four of the past six editions of the RSM Classic have ended in a play-off, and Montgomery could well be a contender.
Alternatively, if you are looking for an outside bet, then Joel Dahmen could catch your eye. The American has been in a rich vein of form and is coming off the back of consecutive top-10 finishes. Indeed, in his past five appearances, he has nabbed four top-25 finishes. More impressively, 12 of his last 14 rounds have been par or better, with the two exceptions being the one-over-par rounds. Dahmen can be backed at 35/1, and you wouldn’t put it past him to scoop another top-10 finish.
RSM Betting Promotions 2022
- At BoyleSports, new customers will be treated to a ‘bet £10 get £10 in free credits + £10 Casino Bonus' style offer.
- Unibet also has a tasty bonus which is in the form of a £40 money back offer, but be aware that you bet at minimum odds of 1.50, and it comes with 3x wagering requirements.
- Whereas at Betfred, you can tap into a fabulous deal where you will get up to £40 in bonuses when you place a wager of £10.
5 Reasons To Bet on RSM Classic
- The tournament usually attracts a star-studded field to Sea Island Golf Club.
- 500 FedEx Cup points will be up for grabs.
- The total prize purse stands at around £8 million, with the winner receiving a cheque for £1m.
- Typically, the RSM Classic is a birdie fest, with the average winning score sitting around the -19 mark.
- The winner will also automatically qualify for the Sentry Tournament of the Champions and the Masters, so the champion is bound to have a great Thanksgiving weekend.
Betting Sites With RSM Classic Live Streaming
Popular RSM Classic Betting Markets
The RSM Classic is brimming with some of the best lines and markets golf betting has to offer!
While more high-profile tournaments like the Genesis Invitational are likely to be deeper in terms of market coverage, the 11 best golf betting sites in 2022 will have a raft of pre-tournament odds to keep players entertained.
So, let’s take a closer look at the most common betting lines you can unlock when wagering on the RSM Classic.
Outright Tournament Winner Betting
This is the bread and butter of any given golf betting site, and you are simply required to predict who will end up in the winner’s circle after the final round. This takes into account various factors, such as recent form, past performances at the same event, and average scoring.
Indeed, the RSM Classic odds for the winner may be guided by a player’s season stats, especially when it comes to driving and greens in regulation made, as accuracy is more often than not, king. The odds will usually be posted at least three days ahead of the first round and it is a great entry point for novice golf bettors.
To Make/Miss Cut Bets
Following the conclusion of the second round, around half of the field will be discarded as a cut line will be set by the tournament organisers. Those on the right side of it will stay on for the weekend, and Saturday is often known as ‘moving day’, with many players trying to take charge and shoot up the leaderboard.
All stroke play tournaments on the PGA Tour will have a cut line, so if you use Ladbrokes golf betting markets to place a wager, there will be a cut section where you will be given odds for a player to stay or head home for the weekend.
Player To Shoot the Most Birdies in a Round
Players will shoot up the RSM Classic leaderboard if the putt starts firing and they reel off a string of birdies. As mentioned, there are a handful of birdie opportunities on both the front nine and the back nine, and some sites will boast prop odds for a player to rack up the most birdies in any given round, whether it be round 1 or 4.
This section usually provides good value for money, especially as a relatively unheralded golfer might blast through in the early stages and take the field by surprise.
First Round Leader
As you navigate your way through golf betting, there may be some terms you might have to get. Similar to the previous prop bet, The RSM Classic could see a flurry of birdies made, and here you are required to see who will post the lowest score and finish the day on top of the RSM leaderboard after the first round.
Top 5 or Top 10 Finish
While the champion will generally garner plenty of attention, the placing markets can usually provoke intrigue among keen golf bettors. Sometimes, predicting the winner from a field might be like picking a needle in a haystack.
Instead, you can bet on who will finish in the top 5 or top 10, and as such, you have a bit more margin for error. Some sites will have sharp odds for this section, and some may have price boosts, so you can win more if your wager fulfils the longer price allocated to it.
History of RSM Classic
Previously known as the McGladrey Classic, RSM, which is an accountancy company, has been associated with the tournament since 2010. Davis Love III was the first host of the annual event, and the Classic, held at Sea Island Golf Club, has seen significant contributions made to his charity — the Davis Love Foundation — which was founded in 2015.
The introduction of the Plantation Course in 2016 usually sees a full field of 156 players turn out for this event, and the course is just shy of 7,100 yards in total distance.
Since its redesign in 2019, the Plantation Course is one treasured by many of the players on the Tour, with holes 10 and holes 13 deemed the signature ones.
Recent RSM Classic Winners
|2018||Charles Howell III||American|
RSM Classic Key Stats
- The tournament used to be known as McGladrey Classic before RSM took over the running of it in 2010.
- Players with the most top-10s in this event have some connection to this event, including Kuchar.
- -19 or better is usually the winning score posted at the RSM Classic.
- Five of the previous seven champions at the RSM Classic were first-time winners on the PGA Tour.
- This event awards 500 FedEx Cup points to the champion, who will also punch their ticket to the 2023 Masters.
Similar Tournaments to RSM Classic
- 17th-20th November 2022, DP World Tour Championship: Forming the climax of the European Tour, the DP World Tour Championship usually takes place at the Jumeirah Golf Estate in the UAE, and it pits 60 of the Tour’s best golfers against each other.
- 12th-15th January 2023, Sony Open: Kickstarting the calendar year on the PGA Tour, the Sony Open is broadcast from the Wai’alae Country Club, and Hideki Matsuyama was crowned champion in 2022 courtesy of a play-off.
- 9th-12th February 2023, Phoenix Open: Taking place over Super Bowl weekend, the Phoenix Open, staged at TPC Scottsdale, usually draws in a raucous crowd. The 16th hole, which is a par-3, usually sees some wild scenes.
- 23rd-26th February 2023, The Honda Classic: A key part of the Florida swing on the PGA Tour, the Honda Classic takes place in Palm Beach Gardens and carries a total prize purse of £8m.
- 13th-16th April 2023, RBC Heritage – Hilton Head Island is the scene for this PGA Tour tournament which comes a week after The Masters, and Jordan Spieth is the reigning champion.
Upcoming Sporting Events
RSM Classic Betting FAQs
The RSM Classic will be staged at the Sea Island Golf Club in Georgia, and it has been played there since 2010.
All four rounds of the RSM Classic will be broadcast on the Sky Sports Golf channel for UK viewers.
Unfortunately, there are no odds available for the RSM Classic, however, we will reveal this as soon as they are posted.
The total prize purse is £8m, with the winner pocketing a cheque for £1m.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The RSM Classic always makes for compelling viewing, and it is usually rather unpredictable as it has thrown up some first-time winners on the PGA Tour. Nevertheless, the Plantation Course has its challenges, which can bring the best out of no-frills types of golfers.
So, if you wish to bet on the RSM Classic 2022, the betting sites we have referred to in this guide will oblige with some great pre-tournament and in-play lines for you to enjoy.