The US PGA Championship is an annual golf tournament that takes place in May (after being moved from August). As the second of golf’s four major tournaments, the number of PGA Championship betting opportunities are vast, as we shall see below.
- Best Bookies For US PGA Championship Betting
- Best US PGA Championship Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
- PGA Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the PGA Championship
- PGA Championship Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular PGA Championship Betting Markets
- Tournament Structure for the US PGA Championship
- History of the PGA Championship
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the USA PGA Championship
- US PGA Championship Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10or more bets to receive £20in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best US PGA Championship Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
#1 Paddy Power
#4 William Hill
PGA Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The 2022 PGA Championship takes place from Thursday 19th May and ends on Sunday 22nd of the same month, and is being held at Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
PGA Championship Betting Odds 2022
|Rory McIlroy||16/1||William Hill|
|Hideki Matsuyama||25/1||William Hill|
Don't miss our ranking of the top PGA Championship each-way place offerings at the best bookies online.
PGA Championship Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
PGA Championship Betting Promotions 2022
- Betfred’s welcome offer of £30 in credit as a reward for an initial £10 bet is a great way to start off your PGA Championship betting journey.
- Alternatively, bwin are offering a £20 backup bet, which is another very good way of boosting your US PGA betting.
5 Reasons to Bet on the PGA Championship
- One of the four tennis golf majors
- Packs in a prize pool worth $11 million
- Provides handy tips for the upcoming US Open and Open Championship
- World’s best players will be there
- No fixed venue equals a tension-filled atmosphere
PGA Championship Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- William Hill
Popular PGA Championship Betting Markets
Few sports are as suited to betting as golf. Large fields of competitors tend to make for generous odds even on the tournament favourites, plus there are seemingly limitless ways to bet on this magnificent game. Below is just a taster.
Outright Winner Betting
With an outright winner bet, bettors need to predict who the winner of the tournament will be. If the chosen one delivers and your pick wins the tourney, your wager will be deemed successful. This market really is as simple as that, with payouts calculated according to the outright odds you accepted when you placed the bet.
Best PGA Championship betting site for Outright Winner: Ladbrokes
Top 5/10/20 Finish
The purpose of this market is to pick a golfer that finishes within a certain number of positions from the top. This could be a top five finish, a top 10 finish or a top 20 finish. So long as your pick finishes as per your prediction, the bet will pay out. This isn't the same thing as an each-way bet where two stakes are split evenly over a win bet and a place bet – the payout of which is determined by how many places your bookmaker will pay out for – but instead literally rewards punters for correctly predicting that a certain player will finish in the top 5, top 10 or top 20 of competitors.
Best PGA Championship betting site for Top 5/10/20 Finish: Coral
Highest Placed National
Because the PGA Championship is an international major, golfers from all over the world take part – with many from the same country. With events such as this, bookmakers will accept bets on players to perform better than their fellow countrymen. So, be they Irish, Italian or Spanish, as long as your pick outperforms everyone else from the same nation, then the bet’s a winner.
Many bookmakers offer a similar market for the best continental performers, such as the highest finishing Asian player. However, the most popular form of continental finisher betting is for highest-placed European.
Best PGA Championship betting site for Highest Placed National: 888sport
For those that don’t know, a hole-in-one is where a golfer gets the ball in the hole from their first hit off the tee. As uncommon as it is, bookmakers do accept bets on a hole-in-one occurring during a tournament. In 2019, Lucas Bjerregaard managed this rare feat from 206 yards during the PGA Championship; one year later, at the 2020 PGA Championship, Byeong Hun An recorded another.
Best PGA Championship betting site for hole-in-one betting: Mr Green
Tournament Structure for the US PGA Championship
Although this event has no fixed venue, it does overwhelmingly take place in the East Coast of the USA. In fact, in the tournament’s history, it has only ever been held in the West eleven times so far.
As is standard, play runs from Thursday through Sunday, with players taking on a round of 18 holes per day. After 36 holes, players that are posting low scores are removed from the field, while the rest continue to participate over the weekend. By Sunday, the final day of the tournament, a winner should have been established after everyone has finished their final 18 holes. If not, a playoff will be initiated in order to find a winner.
Winners of the US PGA are automatically invited to the other three majors, The US Masters, US Open and The Open Championship, as well as the unofficial fifth major – The Players Championship – for the next five years. Winners are also entitled to return and compete here for life.
History of the PGA Championship
The PGA Championship has been held at various venues across the USA, and for most of its history, took place in August. From 2019 onwards, it has been held in May, making it the second major of the season.
The tournament started out in 1916 and was initially a match play event. Today, though, it is a stroke play event after making the switch in 1958.
In February 1916, the Professional Golfers Association of America (PGA) was formed, hosting their first PGA Championship in October that same year at the Siwanoy Country Club in Bronxville, New York. Jim Barnes was the first-ever winner and was awarded the Wanamaker Trophy, named after Rodman Wanamaker, an influential figure in the tournament’s conception. This trophy is still awarded to the winners today.
Recent Winners of the PGA Championship
|2021||Phil Mickelson||United States|
|2020||Collin Morikawa||United States|
|2019||Brooks Koepka||United States|
|2018||Brooks Koepka||United States|
|2017||Justin Thomas||United States|
|2016||Jimmy Walker||United States|
|2014||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
|2013||Jason Dufner||United States|
|2012||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
|2011||Keegan Bradley||United States|
PGA Championship Key Stats
- Jack Nicklaus and Walter Hagen are tied with the most wins here, with 5.
- Jack Nicklaus also has the most runner-up finishes with 4.
- Julius Boros was 48 years and 142 days old when he won in 1968, making him the oldest ever winner.
- In contrast, the youngest ever winner was Gene Sarazen in 1922, at the age of 20 years and 174 days.
- In 2021, Phil Mickelson won the tournament a second time after having first won it way back in 2005 – that's 16 years apart!
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the USA PGA Championship
- 27th – 30th May, Charles Schwab Challenge: This is one of only five invitational events held during the PGA season and takes place annually each May at the Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas.
- 3rd – 6th June, Memorial Tournament: This event was founded by the great Jack Nicklaus and is held each summer in Ohio.
- 17th – 20th June, US Open: The third of the four major championships in golf, this is a great summertime event.
US PGA Championship Betting FAQs
Viewers can watch the event play out on Sky Sports Golf.
Yes. There are four official majors, and this is the second to take place each year.
Since 2019, the PGA Championship has been held in May each year.
The US PGA Championship has no fixed venue. More often than not, though, it is played on the Eastern side of the USA.
The prize pool for the US PGA Championship is $11 million.
Yes, you can. As soon as the first round draw is known, bookmakers will post two-ball golf betting odds.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The PGA Championship is the second major of the golf season and one that everyone looks forward to. As with all majors, the game’s biggest names prepare all year round for this potentially career-defining event. It is also the most pro-scoring major, which is why it has traditionally produced long shot winners and, more often than the other majors, produces long-odds winners. This is just one of the reasons why bettors love it so much.