The DP World Tour Championship is a men’s professional golf tournament on the European Tour, sponsored by the Dubai-based shipping firm DP World. Having become extremely popular in recent years, the event grabs the attention of golf enthusiasts worldwide. Our guide below has the latest odds, tips, and predictions – read on for more!
- Tournament Structure for the DP World Tour Championship
- Best Betting Sites for the DP World Tour Championship
- DP World Tour Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- DP World Tour Championship Betting Odds 2022
- DP World Tour Championship Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the DP World Tour Championship
- DP World Tour Championship Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular DP World Tour Championship Betting Markets
- History of the DP World Tour Championship
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the DP World Tour Championship
- DP World Tour Championship Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the DP World Tour Championship
Taking place on the Greg Norman designed Earth Course at the Jumeirah Golf Estate in the United Arab Emirates of Dubai each November, the DP World Tour Championship, like all good golf tournaments, always begins on a Thursday, and culminates on the following Sunday. During those four days of stroke-play competition, 60 golfers from the European Tour and, more specifically, the Race to Dubai, play a round of 18 holes per day.
The DP World Tour Championship carries with it a $8 million prize fund, along with a $5 million bonus pool. The winner of the DP World Tour Championship picks up the biggest first prize in European tournament golf of $2.2 million. Should they also happen to top the Race to Dubai scoreboard, they receive a $700,000 bonus.
What Is the Race to Dubai?
The Race to Dubai replaced the European Tour’s Order of Merit in 2009, with the new title a direct reference to the DP World Tour Championship. The latter takes place in Dubai, being the final event of the year.
The highest five finishers on the leaderboard after the DP World Tour Championship get to share $5 million, with the winner collecting $3 million of that fund. The Race to Dubai winner also receives a 10-year European Tour exemption.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10or more bets to receive £20in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
DP World Tour Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The 2022 DP World Tour Championship action will come from the Jumeirah Golf Estates Course, and it gets underway on 17th November. This tournament is the climax of the DP World Tour rankings, and as such, it makes for compelling viewing.
DP World Tour Championship Betting Odds 2022
|Shane Lowry||12/1||William Hill|
|Jordan Smith||25/1||Paddy Power|
|Min Woo Lee||40/1||Unibet|
|Adrian Otaegui||50/1||Paddy Power|
DP World Tour Championship Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
After a terrific season, the 2022 DP World Tour Championship reaches its finale in Dubai, where the top 50 players will duke it out. Heading the betting is Rory McIlroy, who is trading at around threes with most leading bookmakers. The world No.1 who has 14 wins to his name on the DP Tour has been in mesmerising form in recent weeks and aside from his win on the PGA Tour at the CJ Cup, he has racked up five top-five finishes in his past five starts on the DP Tour. When he’s in full flight, McIlroy could be unstoppable this week — it’s just a case of seeing whether his putter is red hot. If it is, then he could well make another trip to the winner’s circle.
Meanwhile, Tommy Fleetwood will be full of confidence after ending a three-year winless streak to retain the Nedbank Golf Challenge. Fleetwood was in command and he carded a 67 in the final round. What was more impressive was that the Englishman had begun the day three strokes adrift of the leaders and the Jumeirah Golf Estate could throw up plenty of birdie opportunities. Fleetwood ranks fourth for greens in regulation (72.36%), and if the greens are receptive, Fleetwood, who is valued at 12/1 with most bookmakers, could well challenge and a top-five finish could be on the cards.
If you are looking for decent value elsewhere, then you may wish to take a closer look at Tyrrell Hatton. The fiery Englishman has had some mixed results over the past few weeks. There have been some highs, including a T7 at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship last month, but he was off the pace at the BMW PGA Championship where he came home in 57th. His driving accuracy has been a concern this season, and sometimes you do worry about his temperament. Currently priced at 16/1, Hatton may be out of the reckoning to top the prize money list, but you wouldn’t rule him out achieving a top-10 finish.
DP World Tour Championship Betting Promotions 2022
- As well as having some of the best Race to Dubai betting odds, Unibet also have a great £40 money back welcome offer, plus a £10 casino bonus on top.
- Alternatively, you might like the look of bet365‘s welcome bonus: bet £10 and get £50!
5 Reasons to Bet on the DP World Tour Championship
- There is a $10 million purse – the highest prize fund of any DP World Tour event.
- It also provides excitement as we wait to see who will be crowned Europe’s number one.
- There have been a few British winners of the event down the years, including Lee Westwood and Matt Fitzpatrick.
- It can be a birdie fest, with the average winning score being between 14 and 25 under par.
- The tournament sees 60 of the world’s best golfers go head to head.
DP World Tour Championship Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- William Hill
- Paddy Power
Popular DP World Tour Championship Betting Markets
The DP World Tour Championship is European Tour Golf’s richest event and the culmination of the Race to Dubai, which replaced the Order of Merit in 2009 as a way to reward the best 60 performers on the European Tour for that season. As ever with a golf tournament, there are many golf betting markets available, so the biggest problem you'll have is deciding which one to bet on!
Outright Tournament Winner Betting
With an outright tournament winner’s bet, what you're aiming to do is successfully predict the player that will win the tournament. These bets can be placed well in advance of the competition, and, because golf tourneys always have a large number of entrants (the DP World Tour Championship has 60, for example), the ante-post odds are usually pretty tempting even on the favourites.
Of course, you can always bet while the tournament is underway, and even bet live and in-play if someone looks to be building a lead and you want to nab those real-time odds before they drop.
As golfers are paired up into couples, with two-ball betting, punters need to bet on which player will shoot the better score during that day’s round of 18 holes. While this might seem a fairly easy betting market to master, remember that these two players will have been matched on ability and be of similar skill levels.
Also, conditions can have an impact on performances of any golfer, so it's worth bearing in mind that the DP World Tour Championship is set in the desert. November in Dubai has an average high of 31°C, which is still extremely hot.
This wager can also be placed as an each-way bet, with some bookmakers offering each-way specials. Each-way betting requires punters to double or halve their stake in order to fund two bets in one wager. The first of these two bets is betting on a pick to win, and the other is aimed at a place. The advantage here is that these bets pay out on more than the regular number of places.
Day One Leaderboard Betting
Regardless of what happens on any other day of the DP World Tour Championship, so long as you have bet on the player that tops the leaderboard after day one only, then you have a winning bet on your hands. It can be a concern watching the events play out on the course if your pick suddenly loses form and starts putting bogeys rather than birdies.
While you can choose to cash out in such a case, the beauty of this bet is that it focuses on just the one single day. This type of bet can be laid each morning for that day’s leaderboard, and can also be backed each-way.
Winner’s Nationality Betting
It could be that there are a number of players from one nation in particular that you like the look of, or perhaps you want to support a fellow compatriot. In such cases, there's always the option of betting on the nationality of the winning player. That means that anyone from your chosen nation can win the DP World Tour Championship for you to make a return on investment.
History of the DP World Tour Championship
The DP World Tour Championship began in 2009, when the Race to Dubai was introduced by the European Tour to replace the Order of Merit. The DP World Tour Championship itself was brought in to replace the Volvo Masters and pits the top 60 placed golfers on the Race to Dubai leaderboard against each other.
Since 2017, the DP World Tour Championship has been part of the Rolex Series, a collection of eight tournaments that offer at least $7 million and boosts points for the Race to Dubai. It was established to replace the Final Series, which had been in operation since 2013 and consisted only of four tournaments.
Recent DP World Tour Championship Winners
|2015||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
|2012||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
DP World Tour Championship – Key Stats
- 2010 winner Robert Karlsson was 41 years and 86 days when he won the DP World Tour Championship, making him the oldest-ever winner of this tournament.
- In contrast, Rory McIlroy was 23 years and 205 days when he won in 2012, making him the youngest-ever winner of the DP World Tour Championship.
- Also in 2012, Justin Rose shot ten under par in a single round, which is an 18-hole record score at the Jumeirah Earth Course.
- The record over all 72 holes of the DP World Tour Championship was recorded by Henrik Stenson in 2013, when he posted a return of 25 under par.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the DP World Tour Championship
- 19 – 22 January 2023, Abu Dhabi Championship: This is the first of the Rolex Series events which is held each year at the Yas Links. In 2022, Belgian Thomas Pieters won his sixth DP World Tour title here.
- 16-19 February 2023, Genesis Invitational: This professional golf tournament is held annually in California and carries a certain cache.
- 22- 26 March 2023, WGC Dell Match Play: This unique knockout style format sees 64 of the world’s best players congregate each year at Austin in Texas.
- 23-26 June 2023, BMW International Open: This European Tour event which is held each year in Munich carries 2,750 DPWTR points.
- 17-20 August 2023, BMW Championship: Forming a key part of the FedEx Cup swing, and it has been a part of the PGA Tour since 1916. Patrick Cantlay is the reigning champion.
DP World Tour Championship Betting FAQs
Viewers that want to watch events unfold can watch the DP World Tour Championship live on Sky Sports Golf and Sky Sports Main Event.
The DP World Tour Championship is held annually in November, in order to wrap up the European Tour’s season and celebrate the Race to Dubai’s top 60 finishers.
The DP World Tour Championship takes place each year on the Jumeirah Earth Course in Dubai.
The Greg Norman-designed Jumeirah Earth Course is par-72, with a yardage of 7,677.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The climax of the European Tour’s Race to Dubai, the DP World Tour Championship is a fantastic send-off for the season. There's also a lot of money up for grabs, with this being the richest prize pool in golf. Coupled with the fact that it features the top 60 performers on the tour that season, you can be certain that the quality of play is superb, making for great viewing and epic golf betting.