For many fans of snooker, English Open betting is highly anticipated, with the event itself enjoying considerable popularity. The tournament began life in 2016 and was previously held at the K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley, England before moving to the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes in 2020. In this article, we'll take you through the most popular betting markets, and provide some useful tips and predictions as well as a brief history of the competition.
- Best Betting Sites for English Open Betting
- Best Bookies for English Open Betting – Top 5 Ranked
- English Open Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the English Open
- Best English Open Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular English Open Betting Markets
- Tournament Structure for the English Open
- History of the English Open
- Similar tournaments to the English Open
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- English Open Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days. To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days. Wagering requirements vary by game. Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Bookies for English Open Betting – Top 5 Ranked
#01 Paddy Power
#02 William Hill
English Open Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The 2021 English Open snooker tournament will take place between the 1st and the 7th of November at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes. The event carries a total prize fund of £405,000, of which £70,000 is reserved for the winner. Current world number one Judd Trump is the defending champion but can he retain his crown?
English Open Winner Betting Odds 2021
|Judd Trump||4/1||William Hill|
|Neil Robertson||11/2||William Hill|
|Kyren Wilson||18/1||William Hill|
|Ding Junhui||28/1||William Hill|
|Yan Bingtao||28/1||William Hill|
|Zhao Xintong||66/1||William Hill|
|Cao Yupeng||66/1||William Hill|
|Ali Carter||66/1||William Hill|
English Open Betting Tips & Predictions 2021
- The English Open will run from the 1st of November through to the 7th at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes. So far, since it was added to the schedule in 2016, this tournament has produced five different champions with Judd Trump the only man to reach the final twice. In last year’s event world number one Trump came from 7-4 down to beat Neil Robertson 9-8 in a thrilling final and there are many who would like to see a repeat of the drama.
- Trump’s world ranking is under threat like never before from Mark Selby, the reigning world champion, who will also be taking part. Despite being the best performer of the year, the Jester from Leicester is third in the betting behind Trump and the legendary Ronnie O’Sullivan. Trump, the Ace in the Pack, has had a wobbly start to the new season which has seen Mark Williams, Mark Allen and David Gilbert all collect wins. Elsewhere, Australia’s Neil Robertson will be hoping to go one better than he did in 2020 and take one of the prizes missing from his impressive career CV.
- O’Sullivan, who claims to be in the ‘second division’ of current players, comes into the tourney off the back of suffering a shock 5-0 defeat to Iranian Hossein Vafaei in the German Masters qualifiers on Monday. Nonetheless, he remains someone who can turn on the style at any point and can never be ruled out.
English Open Betting Promotions 2021
- New customers at Unibet can enjoy a cashback offer as a bonus up to £40, as well as a £10 casino bonus.
- Another great offer to use on the English Open snooker is BoyleSports’ £20 bet bundle welcome pack.
5 Reasons to Bet on the English Open
- The English Open is a ranking event.
- It’s also the second event in the Home Nations Series.
- The world’s top snooker players will be taking part.
- The tournament is held in Milton Keynes.
- This event carries a £405,000 prize fund.
Best English Open Betting Sites With Live Streaming
Popular English Open Betting Markets
Snooker is a classic game that has been enjoyed across the UK for over a century, but these days is growing ever more popular overseas as its global appeal increases. As such, bettors over the world are getting involved with that side of the game, be it betting on the options below or creating their own wagers for fun.
Online bookmakers will provide the latest odds on the player to win the whole event and be crowned champion. There are 128 entries for the English Open, but only one can win. Bet successfully on the victor, and you will have a winning wager on your hands.
Best English Open betting site for Outright Winner: 888sport
Match Win Bet
This, like the bet above, is as simple as betting gets. In the case of the above, you are betting on the winner of the tournament, but for this particular market, you are betting on the snooker player that you think will win the match. Moreover, in snooker, players cannot draw.
Best English Open betting site for Match Win: NetBet
Frame Win Bet
Frame betting requires you to predict which player will win the most frames, or the next or an exact amount. Frames, if you don’t know, are the mini sets that make up a match. Players will play to the best of a designated number of frames, and in each frame, players must clear a full snooker table of all its balls until an unbeatable points score has been obtained.
Best English Open betting site for frame win betting: SportNation
Snooker Frame Handicap Betting
Bookmakers employ handicapping when one player is considered to hold much higher skill, and as such is a clear favourite. To trim the skill factor and level the playing field, bookmakers offer a handicap of frames designed to counter the likely or possible frame margin that the favourite might very well win by.
Best English Open betting site for frame handicap betting: QuinnBet
Tournament Structure for the English Open
128 players aim to qualify for the English Open, which is seeded according to past winners. 16 players will take part in the final event and the winner will be presented with the Steve Davis Trophy.
From the first round through the next four rounds up until the quarter-finals, players play to a best-of-seven frames format. The quarter-finals are then played to a best-of-nine, the semi-finals best-of-eleven and the final to a best-of-17. The tournament’s total prize fund is around £405,000, with £70,000 set aside for the winner.
The English Open is established in the snooker calendar and takes place each November. Today, the tournament is held in Milton Keynes at the Marshall Arena and lasts for a week. As a ranking event, players earn world ranking points based on their performance. It is the fourth ranking event of 17 during the season, and the second of the Home Nations Series, which also includes the Northern Ireland Open, the Scottish Open and the Welsh Open. There is a special bonus of £1 million for a player who wins all four tournaments in the same season, which so far no one has achieved.
History of the English Open
The English Open tournament, which is part of snooker’s Home Nations Series, was first announced in 2015, with the inaugural event taking place in October the following year when it was won by China's Liang Wenbo. That first ever event was held in Manchester, but the tournament was moved to Barnsley for the second year before moving to K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley, and then to the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes. The other events in the Home Nations Series are the Welsh Open, the Northern Ireland Open and the Scottish Open tournament.
So far no champion has ever retained the title, with the tournament crowning a new winner on each renewal. Wenbo, the original winner, is the only non-Englishman to lift the Steve Davis Trophy, which is itself named in honour of an English snooker legend.
Recent English Open Winners
English Open Key Stats
- Liang Wenbo won the first ever English Open at EventCity in Manchester, England.
- Wenbo is also the youngest ever champion, having won the event at the age of 29.
- Wenbo is the only non-Englishman to have won the English Open.
- No one has ever won all four Home Nations Series events in the same season, with Mark Selby (English Open and Scottish Open) and Judd Trump (English and Northern Ireland Open) coming closest in the 2019–20 season, and 2020–21 season respectively.
- At 41, Ronnie O’ Sullivan became the oldest ever champion when he won the event at the Barnsley Metrodome in Barnsley in 2017.
Similar tournaments to the English Open
- Northern Ireland Open: The prior Home Nations event before the English Open, which takes place in Belfast each October.
- 6th – 12th December 2021, Scottish Open: A winter event taking place before Christmas, this has been moved to Wales for one year only.
- 28th February – March 6th 2022, Welsh Open: An event early in the year and another leg in the Home Nations Series, this tourney takes place in Newport every February.
Upcoming Sporting Events
English Open Betting FAQs
Eurosport will be showing the English Open live.
The English Open takes place at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes.
Yes, the English Open is ranked.
The total prize money for the English Open is £405,000.
Yes – if a player wins all four Home Nations tournaments, then they will win a cool £1 million bonus. However, as yet, no one has ever won all four.
Yes – you can bet on a 147 happening during the English Open.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Over the course of the snooker season, the English Open is the first of the season’s Home Nations events and the fourth ranking event of the year. The trophy that the 128 competing players are fighting for is the Steve Davis Trophy, named after the six-time world snooker champion. The event has become extremely popular with snooker fans, with English Open betting providing some great opportunities for punters to boot.
Make no mistake: just because the English Open isn’t the oldest tournament in world snooker doesn’t mean that it isn’t high-profile and prestigious. Because there are some of the finest snooker players in the world taking part, including the biggest stars of the game, the English Open is a great occasion and opportunity for snooker betting odds and markets to bloom. Be sure to check out our betting tips, along with our list of the best snooker betting sites out there, to pick your bookie and get started!