The Wyndham Championship is part of the PGA Tour, its venue being the prestigious Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina. Read all about Wyndham Championship betting in this article, including the most popular betting markets, tips, predictions and more!
- Tournament Structure for the Wyndham Championship
- Best Betting Sites for Wyndham Championship Betting
- Best Wyndham Championship Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
- Wyndham Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Wyndham Championship
- Betting Sites With Wyndham Championship Live Streaming
- Popular Wyndham Championship Betting Markets
- History of the Wyndham Championship
- Similar Events to the Wyndham Championship
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Wyndham Championship Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the Wyndham Championship
The Wyndham Championship results determine the Rewards Top 10 with its $10 Million bonus programme. The top-ten finishers in the FedExCup point standings will share the prize pool. Ever since 2007, the Wyndham Championship has set the field for the FedExCup Playoffs, which start the week following the Championship.
Play gets underway on a Thursday in August and concludes on the following Sunday. Over the course of four days, players must play four rounds of 18 holes, one each day. Golfers aim to complete each round in as fewer shots as they can possibly manage, which will be marked against the par for each hole. At the end of the tournament, when all 72 holes have been played, the golfer with the lowest under-par score will be crowned the champion.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days. To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days. Wagering requirements vary by game. Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Wyndham Championship Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
#3 Paddy Power
Wyndham Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The Wyndham Championship 2022 is set to take place from the 4th to the 7th of August. Below we have compiled the latest odds from the top bookmakers online.
Wyndham Championship Betting Odds 2022
|Billy Horschel||18/1||Paddy Power|
|Corey Conners||28/1||William Hill|
|Si Woo Kim||28/1||10bet|
Wyndham Championship Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
Rounding off the regular PGA Tour campaign this week is the Wyndham Championship, which will be broadcast from the Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina. Tony Finau will be skipping this tournament after storming to a five-shot victory at the Rocket Mortgage Classic. Having been the perennial bridesmaid, Finau recorded back-to-back wins, becoming the first player on the PGA Tour in three years to achieve that feat, and he will now put his feet up ahead of the highly anticipated FedEx Cup playoffs.
- The Wyndham Championship boasts a formidable field, with plenty of potential champions lurking. One of those who will be targeting his first win of the campaign is Shane Lowry. With four top-10 finishes to his name this season, the Irishman will relish the undulating greens that Sedgefield has to offer - before last season, the course yielded five straight winning totals of -20 or under.
- Having taken a breather since The Open, Lowry will be hoping to spark this week ahead of the FedEx Cup playoffs. The two stats that stand out are his strokes gained approach to the green (.748) and strokes gained tee to green (1.264), and he ranks inside the top-15 for both key performance indicators. Lowry rarely seems flustered, and this could be his week. Currently, he’s valued as the joint favourite alongside Sung-Jae Im at 14/1 with most bookmakers, so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Lowry step into the winner’s circle.
- Meanwhile, Will Zalatoris will be looking to flex his muscles ahead of the FedEx Cup playoffs. Last weekend, he signed off in style at the Rocket Mortgage Classic with a seven-under-par round of 65 to seal a T20 spot. It is perhaps a sign of things to come as he shot a 70, 71, and 69 on the first three days. In his final round, Zalatoris hit 10 of 14 fairways and 12 of 18 greens in regulation, and he will want to put in a strong display to catapult him back into the top 10 in the FedEx Cup rankings. While he may be feeling the effects of a gruelling season, a top-15 or 20 finish is certainly feasible. Currently, Zalatoris is currying the short odds of 16/1 to win the Wyndham Championship.
- Meanwhile, if you are looking for value elsewhere, then you should certainly factor Webb Simpson into your strategy. The American is on the fringe of things in terms of the FedEx Cup picture, as he’s ranked 126th and the top-125 qualify. However, Sedgefield has been a happy hunting ground for Simpson where he has won previously, having finished no worse than seventh in the past five editions of the tournament. Although he’s hovering around the 22/1 mark, Simpson may well fall short of expectations - but don’t discount him from another top-10 finish!
Wyndham Championship Betting Promotions 2022
5 Reasons to Bet on the Wyndham Championship
- This is a popular stop on the PGA Tour.
- Coming near the end of the season, it is one of the golfers’ last chances to win some great prizes...
- ... and grab some last-minute FedEx points too!
- All the best players will be in town.
- It is played at the mighty Sedgefield in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Betting Sites With Wyndham Championship Live Streaming
- Mr Green
- Paddy Power
Popular Wyndham Championship Betting Markets
Outright Wyndham Championship Winner
The is an uncomplicated one – you simply place a bet on the player you predict will win the tournament outright. You could split your stakes between two players so as not to put all your eggs in one basket, or double or split your wager, making it an each-way bet.
Most golf tournaments, including the Wyndham Championship, have markets on players from each of the competing nationalities. This is essentially a bet on the nationality of the winner. If the winner of the tournament aligns with the nationality of your pick, your bet wins.
This bet involves choosing the best out of three players grouped together. With 3-ball betting, the wager applies to a single round of golf for the three players you select. Providing your pick outperforms the others in your group, your bet will win.
Betting on the Top 5, 10, or 20 Finishers
With a heavily fielded tournament like the Wyndham Championship, you bet on players finishing among the top 5, 10, or 20 places. If your pick ends up among the senior positions, your bet wins.
Golf Match Betting
This market requires you to select two players and pit them against one other in a single round or the entire tournament. To win this bet, you need to predict which of the two players will shoot the lowest score.
First Round Leader Bets
A first-round leader bet involves choosing a player who will end up top of the leaderboard in the first round; whatever happens after that is inconsequential. The wager only counts for day one’s final table.
Hole-in-One Bets for Wyndham Championship
A hole-in-one bet is a stake on a player landing the ball in the hole in just one shot from the tee. It is a rare occasion; therefore, odds can be high. You do not have to name a particular player – as long as there's a hole-in-one, you will win your bet.
History of the Wyndham Championship
The tournament boasts a rich history that spans over 80 years, with former winners including Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, Seve Ballesteros, and Gary Player. Eighteen previous winners have been inducted in the World Golf Hall of Fame.
Originally referred to as the ‘Greater Greensboro Open', the tournament alternated between two Greensboro courses: The Starmount Forest Country Club and current home course Sedgefield Country Club. After spending over 31 years at Forest Oaks Country Club, the Wyndham Competition moved back to Sedgefield Course in 2008.
The Wyndham Championship is the only PGA Tour event that is contested on a course during the regular season. The course was designed by Donald Ross, with the 2022 tournament marking the 83rd edition of the oldest professional golf event in North Carolina.
Recent Wyndham Championship Winners
|2021||Kevin Kisner||United States|
|2020||Jim Herman||United States|
|2019||J.T. Poston||United States|
|2018||Brandt Snedeker||United States|
|2016||Si Woo Kim||South Korea|
|2015||Davis Love III||United States|
|2013||Patrick Reed||United States|
Wyndham Championship Key Stats
- The Championship is the 6th oldest golfing event on the PGA Tour.
- There is a $10 million bonus programme reward for the top 10.
- The Sedgefield Course was designed by Donald Ross.
- The tournament’s most successful ever player is Sam Snead, with eight titles.
- Only Davis Love lll comes close with three wins, the most recent of which was back in 2015.
Similar Events to the Wyndham Championship
- 11th - 14th August, 2022, Fedex St. Jude Invitational Championship: This annual World Golf Championship tournament takes place in Tennessee, always bringing a lot of thrills and excitement with it.
- 18th - 21st August, 2022, BMW Championship: The penultimate FedEx Cup playoff event on the PGA Tour season, this Chicago-based event takes place annually in August.
- 6th - 11th September, 2022, BMW PGA Championship: Played at Wentworth in Surrey, England, this tournament is one of the most significant events on the European Tour.
- 3rd - 9th October, 2022, Shriner Hospital Open: This charitable event forms part of the PGA Tour. Played in Las Vegas, golfers have to compete for a total of four days and 72 holes.
- TBC, 2023, Italian Open: Part of the European Tour Rolex since 2017, this event has a total prize pool of $7 million.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Wyndham Championship Betting FAQs
The Wyndham Championship will be available to watch on Sky Sports.
The 2022 Wyndham Championship will be held from the 4th to 7th of August at the renowned Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C.
The prize amounts to US$7.3 million, with a further US$10 million on bonuses for the top-ten finishers.
Sam Snead has won the event on eight occasions between 1938 and 1965.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Sedgefield is a 7,127 par-70 track in Greensboro, North Carolina. The fairways are tree-lined, which is typical of the area, and the course itself is one of the more facile par-70 courses on the tour. The formula to success is low-scoring and making accurate shots to provide players with enough birdie chances to challenge. History suggests that long hitters do not hold a significant advantage. Instead, they should be somewhat aggressive with their tee shots to be able to find the exact areas on the fairway to attack the pins there. The course is visually stunning, with water on many of the holes to create a striking layout.