Forming one of four World Golf Championship events, the St Jude Invitational takes place during the coveted FedEx Cup playoffs. There will be a 125-man field vying for the title at TPC Southwind in Memphis, Tennessee, so let’s see what the WGC FedEx St Jude betting has to offer.
- Tournament Structure for the St Jude Invitational
- Best Bookies for WGC FedEx St Jude Invitational Betting
- St Jude Invitational Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the St Jude Invitational
- Betting Sites with St Jude Invitational Live Streaming
- Popular St Jude Invitational Betting Markets
- History of the WGC-FedEx St Jude Invitational
- St Jude Invitational Key Stats
- Similar Tournaments to St Jude Invitational
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- St Jude Invitational Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the St Jude Invitational
The FedEx St Jude Invitational will be comprised of players who finished in the top 125 of the FedEx Cup standings, and is the first leg of the prestigious FedEx Cup playoffs. Each week, the field will be cut, meaning that by the time the Players Championship rolls around, there will only be 30 participants left standing. The FedEx Cup points leader will also be given an advantage, starting the field at 10 under par.
Like any other standard stroke play tournament, including European Tour events such as the Italian Open, the FedEx St Jude Invitational will see the first round get underway on the Thursday, with the final round taking place on the Sunday. The winner is whoever ends up with the lowest-score-to-par total; if there’s more than one player level through 72 holes, then a playoff will be held to determine the champion. Usually, this will usually start on the 18th hole and work backwards.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New Customer Offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £10. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards or Apple Pay will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+ ROI Customers only. Deposit & Bet min £5 as first bet at minimum odds 1/2 to qualify for 1x £20 Free Bet. Certain deposit methods and bet types excluded. Free bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
St Jude Invitational Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
The 2022 FedEx St Jude Invitational will get underway on 11th August at the world-famous TPC Southwind, with the final round taking place on the 14th of August.
St Jude Invitational Betting Odds 2022
|Scottie Scheffler||18/1||William Hill|
|Patrick Cantlay||18/1||William Hill|
|Jordan Spieth||25/1||Paddy Power|
|Collin Morikawa||33/1||William Hill|
St Jude Invitational Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
The big guns are back in full force for the WGC St Jude invitational this week at TPC Southwind, Tennessee, representing the first leg of the coveted FedEx Cup playoffs. Last weekend, Kim Joo-Hyung sent shockwaves through the world of golf as the South Korean stormed to a five-shot victory at the Wyndham Championship to claim a maiden PGA Tour title. In doing so, he became the youngest player since Jordan Spieth to win on the PGA Tour, finishing five strokes ahead of his compatriot Sungjae Im with a breath-taking final round of 59.
In turning our attention to the WGC St Jude Invitational, however, there are a few intriguing storylines to be found.
- Tony Finau — who recently claimed back-to-back wins at the 3M Open and the Rocket Mortgage Classic — is very long off the tee. However, at TPC Southwind, accuracy with the irons is paramount. Finau, who is the reigning champion of this event, will be a formidable presence. While he has been undervalued at 22/1 with most bookmakers, we would nevertheless not rule him out of a fourth PGA Tour title.
Cameron Smith, meanwhile, will be looking to shake off any rust, as the Open champion will be competing for the first time since his stunning Major triumph at St Andrews the previous month. The Australian is one of the best lag putters in the game, and last season, TPC Southwind played to an average score of 1-under par (69.05).
He is having a stellar season with three PGA Tour titles to his name, placing 12th in the stats department for strokes gained in putting (.571). Although he has been out of action for a few weeks, he could be in the mix again come the weekend. He is currently trading at around the 16/1 mark with most bookmakers, with a top-10 finish possibly on the cards.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for a value pick, we would not discount Sam Burns. After falling just short 12 months ago in a playoff with Abraham Ancer on his first visit to TPC Southwind, his game has gone from strength to strength. He ranks fourth for iron play, which, as mentioned, will stand him in good stead this week. He is sitting around the 33/1 mark with most leading bookmakers, and he could well have his say come Sunday.
St Jude Invitational Promotions 2022
5 Reasons to Bet on the St Jude Invitational
- It is a WGC event, forming the first leg of the FedEx Cup playoffs.
- It draws in players from all the separate tours.
- It is played at the legendary TPC Southwind in Memphis, Tennessee.
- All of the best golfers will be there.
- Participants will be attempting to take on the 165-yard, par-3 11th hole, described as a mini-equivalent of the 17th Island Green at TPC Sawgrass.
Betting Sites with St Jude Invitational Live Streaming
Popular St Jude Invitational Betting Markets
Golf is laden with plenty of markets, being one of the most popular sports to bet on. Most of the best golf betting sites will be stacked with several lines, with plenty of specials thrown in for good measure.
With that in mind, we have outlined below some of the most popular wager types for the WGC FedEx St Jude Invitational.
This is nothing more than a one-stake bet on the player that you believe will win the tournament – in this case, the St Jude Invitational. Unless you are betting each-way, in which case your player can finish among a predesignated number of places, then your selection must win the St Jude Invitational in order for you to collect your winnings. Otherwise, your bet will be declared a loss, meaning that the bookie will keep your stake.
For this market, players are bracketed into groups of three, with the success of your bet depending on which of the three will perform the best. For the purposes of this bet, you can forget all about the wider tourney, as your three-ball bet will apply to one round of golf and to those three players alone. So long as your pick outperforms the other two in that group, your bet is a winner.
This is simply a bet on the nationality of the winner of the St Jude Invitational. So, if you think that the winner might come from South Korea, and there are five South Korean players taking part, then any one of those golfers can win in order for your bet to be successful.
PGA TOUR Player of The Year or Winner of The Jack Nicklaus Award
This is a season-long bet that requires you to predict the winner of the Jack Nicklaus Trophy – better known as the PGA Tour Player of the Year. This is awarded to the top performing player on the PGA Tour. If you place a bet at the start of the season before a ball has been driven without knowing player form at the time, it will pay out better.
History of the WGC-FedEx St Jude Invitational
The event was created in 1999 to replace the outgoing World Series of Golf. Until 2005, the WGC Invitational was sponsored by NEC, who also put their name to the World Series. In 2006, the tournament changed sponsorship when tyre manufacturer Bridgestone took over as title sponsor.
In 2019, FedEx became the title sponsor, relocating the tournament to TPC Southwind in Memphis, Tennessee. Its original home was the South Course of Firestone Country Club in Ohio, where it has been held since its inception – the one exception being 2002. During that year, it was hosted at the Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish, Washington.
Recent St Jude Invitational Winners
|2021||Abraham Ancer||United States|
|2020||Justin Thomas||United States|
|2019||Brooks Koepka||United States|
|2018||Justin Thomas||United States|
|2016||Dustin Johnson||United States|
|2014||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
|2013||Tiger Woods||United States|
|2012||Keegan Bradley||United States|
St Jude Invitational Key Stats
- Only eight golfers have won the event more than once.
- Dave Hill is one of them, and he has won it the most with four wins ranging from 1967 to 1973.
- Lee Trevino won it three times. Nick Price, David Toms, Justin Leonard, Daniel Berger, Dustin Johnson, and reigning champion Justin Thomas all won the event twice.
- In 1996, John Cook shot a PGA Tour record 189 over the first 54 holes, beating John Adams by seven strokes.
Similar Tournaments to St Jude Invitational
- 18th-21st August, 2022, The BMW Championship: Heralding the penultimate event of the FedEx Cup playoffs, the BMW Championship, which started in 2007, usually takes place in and around the Chicago area.
- 25th-28th August, 2022, Tour Championship: The finale of the FedEx Cup playoffs, the Tour Championship takes place each year in Atlanta at the East Lake Golf Club.
- 8th-11th September, 2022, BMW PGA Championship: Wentworth provides the setting for this flagship European Tour event, with Rory McIlroy taking part for the first time in three years.
- 3rd-9th October, 2022, The Shriner’s Hospital Open: This event, which was established in 1983, will take place at TPC Summerlin, Las Vegas. It attracts some of the biggest names in golf.
- 2nd - 6th August, 2023, The Wyndham Championship: This is the last event of the regular PGA Tour scheduled before the FedEx Cup playoffs, and it is held annually at the Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Upcoming Sporting Events
St Jude Invitational Betting FAQs
The St Jude Invitational will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.
The WGC -FedEx St Jude Invitational is usually held in August each year, forming one leg of the FedEx Cup playoffs.
The course par here is 70.
The St Jude Invitational carries with it a purse of $10.25 million.
Yes, with a big event such as the WGC-FedEx St Jude Invitational, bookmakers will offer a full menu of golf bets.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The first WGC event after golf’s major season, the WGC-FedEx St Jude Invitational is a literal showcase of top-quality golf at TPC Southwind. For the 2022/23 season, only 70 players will qualify for this event.
The tournament is organised by the International Federation of PGA Tours, with the prize money coming from both the PGA Tour and the European Tours. The winner is awarded a Wedgwood trophy called The Gary Player Cup, of which Tiger Woods has won a record eight.
TPC Southwind is a par-70 course set 22 miles from Memphis, measuring almost 7,250 yards and considered to be one of the toughest courses on the PGA Tour, with tight fairways that must be avoided at all costs. But, at the end of the day, these challenges only serve to make this event all the more exciting for fans and punters alike.