First contested back in 1996, the Dubai World Cup is the culmination of the Dubai World Cup Carnival which runs from January through March. Only the very best thoroughbred horses on earth contest this race, making Dubai World Cup betting the pinnacle of horse racing betting. Read our detailed guide to find out more!
- Race Structure for the Dubai World Cup
- Best Betting Sites for the Dubai World Cup
- Dubai World Cup Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Dubai World Cup
- Dubai World Cup Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular Dubai World Cup Betting Markets
- History of the Dubai World Cup
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the Dubai World Cup
- Dubai World Cup Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Race Structure for the Dubai World Cup
The Dubai World Cup takes place annually, normally on the last Saturday in March. In all, the Dubai World Cup is made up of nine group races and is contested by the highest quality thoroughbreds in world racing. Only horses three years old and over can compete for the top prize, with a varying number of runners.
For the 2019 Dubai World Cup, for example, entries amounted to 13, which is a fairly typical amount. Distances for each event also vary, but will always range between 1,200 metres and 3,200 metres. As for the main event, this is run over 2,000 metres on the Meydan Racecourse’s dirt track. The prize pool for the Dubai World Cup is the largest in world racing, standing at over a whopping $12 million (US).
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New Customer Offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £10. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 3x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
*New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7 day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
If your account has Sportsbook losses at the end of your first day's betting, QuinnBet will refund 50% of your losses as a Free Bet up to £25 (min 3 bets) Plus 10 Free Spins on Asgard Warriors. Even if your account is up, you're guaranteed a £5 Free Bet Plus 10 Free Spins provided you place at least 1 bet of £10 or greater at the minimum odds. T&Cs apply | 18+ New UK Customers Only | Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Dubai World Cup Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
Dubai World Cup Betting Odds 2023
The latest betting odds for the 2023 Dubai World Cup will be added here closer to the start date of the event. In the meantime, feel free to check out our updated horse racing racecards for today and tomorrow's races.
Dubai World Cup Betting Tips & Predictions 2023
Our expert tips and predictions will be published here once the commencement of the race draws closer.
Dubai World Cup Betting Promotions 2023
5 Reasons to Bet on the Dubai World Cup
- This is the world’s richest horse race.
- The race is a contest for the top thoroughbreds in world horse racing.
- All of the best jockeys will be there.
- So will the planet’s leading trainers.
- For the world famous Meydan Racecourse.
Dubai World Cup Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Paddy Power
- William Hill
Popular Dubai World Cup Betting Markets
Dubai World Cup betting can be extremely rewarding. Only the world’s best thoroughbreds will be in attendance at this premier racing event, meaning that the best online bookies will even include Dubai World Cup betting specials for punters to take advantage of. With these resources at your disposal, be sure not to miss out and do your research well! For those new to horse racing and the betting markets commonly offered on this sport, we have got you covered too.
Best Dubai World Cup betting site for outright winner: Paddy Power
Best Dubai World Cup betting site for each-way betting: bet365
Best Dubai World Cup betting site for forecasts: Coral
Best Dubai World Cup betting site for tricasts: Betfred
History of the Dubai World Cup
- Traditionally more famous for its camel racing, horse racing in Dubai only dates back as far as 1981. In October of that year, when Dubai looked very different from the modern developed Emirate it is today, three races were staged on a dusty old camel racing track, in what was to be the first ever thoroughbred race meeting ever held there. The races - a sprint, a mile and a mile and a half - were the brainchild of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler and Vice President of Dubai, who is also the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the visionary founder of modern day Dubai.
- By 1992, the Dubai Racing Club had been established, and by March of that same year, the Nad Al Sheba Racecourse was opened in a grand ceremony that included the biggest names in racing, including UK jockeys Willie Carson and Lester Piggott. One year later, the Nad Al Sheba hosted the initial Dubai International Jockeys Challenge in which jockeys from around the globe were invited to compete. Over time, this event gradually evolved into the Dubai World Cup, which was first held in its current form in 1996 and was won by Cigar from the US.
- In 2009, the race was staged at the Nad Al Sheba for the final time as the race relocated to the Meydan for its 2010 renewal. Today, the Meydan has the capacity to hold 60,000 spectators.
- Unfortunately, the Dubai World Cup 2020 was cancelled due to the international pandemic that impacted sport across the globe.
Recent Dubai World Cup Winners
|2022||Country Grammer||Frankie Dettori||Bob Baffert|
|2021||Mystic Guide||Luis Saez||Michael Stidham|
|2019||Thunder Snow||Christophe Soumillon||Saeed bin Suroor|
|2018||Thunder Snow||Christophe Soumillon||Saeed bin Suroor|
|2017||Arrogate||Mike E. Smith||Bob Baffert|
|2016||California Chrome||Victor Espinoza||Art Sherman|
|2015||Prince Bishop||William Buick||Saeed bin Suroor|
|2014||African Story||Silvestre de Sousa||Saeed bin Suroor|
|2013||Animal Kingdom||Joel Rosario||Graham Motion|
Dubai World Cup Key Stats
- The appropriately named Dubai Millennium posted the fastest ever time in the Dubai World Cup, winning at 1:59.50 in the year 2000 when the race was still staged at the Nad Al Sheba Racecourse.
- The time record for races run by the winner at the dirt track in Meydan Racecourse was recorded by Thunder Snow in 2018, when the race took 2:01.38.
- The winning time for African Story of 2:01.61 in 2014 is the fastest recorded on the synthetic track at the Meydan Racecourse.
- The world-famous Godolphin Racing stable own eight of the winners of the Dubai World Cup, another record.
- Jerry Bailey is the most successful jockey in the race, having ridden four winners between 1996 and 2002.
- The most successful trainer in Dubai World Cup history is Saeed bin Suroor, who has trained nine winners here.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the Dubai World Cup
Dubai World Cup Betting FAQs
We believe that the best bookies for Dubai World Cup betting are Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, and BetVictor.
The Dubai World Cup is available to watch live in the United Kingdom on Racing TV and Sky Sports Racing.
The Dubai World Cup is held annually at the Meydan Racecourse in Dubai.
The Dubai World Cup usually takes place on the final Saturday in March.
Yes, you can, and as one of the highlights of the international horse racing calendar, you won’t be disappointed!
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Since it was established by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum in 1996, the Dubai World Cup, fuelled by the Sheik’s love of racing and unlimited financial resources, has become a major fixture for international horse racing.
The idea behind the carnival, of which the World Cup race is the highlight, was to create a prestigious set of thoroughbred horse races in the Emirate and convince the world's top horses to compete by promoting a fantastic prize pool.
For fans of horse racing, the Dubai World Cup has become a major betting opportunity as the best in equine talent go head-to-head in the desert.