The Hero World Challenge is an end-of-season PGA Tour tournament that sees 20 elite players whisked off to the luxurious holiday resort of Albany in the Bahamas. Tiger Woods will host this exhibition-style event that runs from the 1st to the 4th of December.
- Tournament Structure for Hero World Challenge
- Best Betting Sites for Hero World Challenge Betting Table
- Hero World Challenge Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons To Bet on Hero World Challenge
- Popular Hero World Challenge Betting Markets
- History of Hero World Challenge
- Similar Tournaments to Hero World Challenge
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for Hero World Challenge
The Hero World Challenge will take place over four days from the Thursday to Sunday. While it is customary to have a cut line for most tournaments, this one doesn't, so the full field will stay on for the weekend.
The tournament's leaderboard is likely to be stacked with star talent, and the Albany course plays just over 7,300 yards.
Best Betting Sites for Hero World Challenge Betting Table
18+ New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Hero World Challenge Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
The Hero Challenge, which returns to the Albamy in the Bahamas, is bound to provide plenty of excitement, and once again, Tiger Woods will host this event.
Hero World Challenge Betting Odds 2022
|Justin Thomas||10/1||Paddy Power|
|Collin Morikawa||20/1||Paddy Power|
|Tom Kim||20/1||Paddy Power|
Hero World Challenge Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
The PGA Tour swings over to the Bahamas for the Hero World Challenge, and Scotti Scheffer will be one of the standout names in the 20-man field. Having won the Masters back in April, the world No.2 has enjoyed a solid start to the 2022/23 season with two top-10 finishes, and earlier this month, he carded a three-under-par round at the Houston Open to come home in T9th.
The Hero World Challenge will boast a few tricky pin positions, but Scheffler has a stealthy scoring average of just over 69 and ranks in 12th for this stat, which makes for good reading. Currently, the American is trading at 8/1 with most leading bookmakers, and he could well be in contention to clinch the title.
Meanwhile, it is hard not to overlook Tony Finau, who has caught the eye in the early stages of this season. The American cruised to a four-shot victory at the Houston Open, and he can explode at any given moment. Finau can swing his arms freely and blast it from the tee, but he has allied power with finesse, and if he gets into his stride, he could climb the leaderboard and make a fist of it. A top-10 finish, however, may seem more likely and he is currently priced at 10/1 to enter the winner’s circle at the Hero World Challenge.
Alternatively, you may seek value in Tommy Fleetwood. The Englishman, who recently ended his three-year drought on the DP World Tour, has a new sense of belief in his game. He can strike hot with the putter at any given opportunity, and can hold long ones too. The 20/1 shot could spring a surprise, but perhaps a top-five finish is eminently possible for him here.
Hero World Challenge Betting Promotions 2022
- BoyleSports is quick to offer new customers a deal which consists of a Bet £10 Get £10 in free credits + £10 Casino Bonus.
- Ladbrokes, meanwhile, also has a sumptuous bonus that is in the form of a free £20 bet offer, but remember, free bets are only valid for 7 days at this site.
- The bookmaker Paddy Power treats new customers with a Bet £20 and Get it back if it loses offer.
5 Reasons To Bet on Hero World Challenge
- Former world No.1 Tiger Woods is the regular tournament host.
- In 2022, there will be 20 players in the field, who have won seven majors between them.
- The 2022 field will feature five players making their tournament debuts.
- Despite being sanctioned as a PGA Tour-style event, it has more of an exhibition feel about it.
- The player who finishes last still receives a cheque for around £100,000.
Popular Hero World Challenge Betting Markets
Many of the best golf betting sites will be brimming with in-play lines and pre-tournament markets for bettors to tuck into.
Although some tournaments such as the DP World Tour are more prestigious and carry a greater prize purse, bettors won’t be bored betting at our recommended golf sites.
We have highlighted some of the most widely-advertised markets at operators for wagering on the Hero World Challenge.
Outright Tournament Winner Betting
This is the bread and butter of any given golf betting site, and you are simply required to predict who will end up in the winner’s circle after the final round. This assesses various factors, such as recent form, past performances at the same event, and average scoring.
Indeed, the Hero World Challenge odds for the winner may be influenced by a player’s season stats, especially when it comes to driving and putting – more specifically, putts made inside 10 feet or so, especially if the greens are quicker than usual. The odds will usually be posted at least three days ahead of the first round, and it is a great entry point for novice golf bettors.
A Hole in One
Despite being one of the few tournaments without a cut line, the Hero World Challenge is bound to throw up plenty of excitement. One such section that can attract bettors is a Hole in One.
Although players hit longer and you will find more eagles and birdies during a round, a Hole in One is usually quite rare. However, that won’t stop betting sites offering odds for a player to make an ace during their round, and the prices can be competitive.
Most Birdies in a Round
Players will shoot up the Hero World Challenge leaderboard if their putter starts firing and they reel off a string of birdies. As mentioned, there are a handful of birdie opportunities on both the front nine and the back nine at the tournament, and some sites will boast prop odds for a player to rack up the most birdies in any given round.
This section usually provides good value for money, especially as a relatively unheralded golfer might blast through in the early stages, and take the field by surprise.
First Round Leader
As you get to grips with golf betting, you may wish to be more adventurous. Similar to the previous prop bet we outlined, The Hero World Challenge could be a birdie fest, and here you are required to see who will post the lowest score and finish the day on top of the Hero World Challenge leaderboard after the first round.
While predicting the champion can be notoriously tough to pick, there may be other sections that provoke intrigue. Although the field for the Hero World Challenge will be predominantly American, there will be a few Europeans taking part.
Instead, of making a bet on who will finish in the top 5 or top 10, you can drill things down and bet on who will place as the highest European on the Hero World Challenge leaderboard. You can usually find some good odds here.
Prize Money at Hero World Challenge
The Hero World Challenge carries a total prize purse of £3million, with £1m going to the winner.
History of Hero World Challenge
The Hero World Challenge pits the world’s best golfers against each other. Starting in 2000 at Sherwood Country Club, California, Tom Lehman was the inaugural winner of the event.
In 2015, the Hero World Challenge went global, and Bubba Watson triumphed as he posted a six-under total of 66 to clinch a three-shot victory.
Since then, the trophy has switched hands a few times, and in 2021, Viktor Hovland entered the winner’s circle, becoming the third straight European player to be crowned champion, and just the third player to win on debut.
Recent Hero World Challenge Winners
|2012||Graeme McDowell||Northern Irish|
Hero World Challenge Key Stats
- Rickie Fowler holds the record for the lowest round shot at the Hero World Challenge (61), which he managed in the final round in 2017.
- Jordan Spieth has recorded the lowest 72-hole record at the Hero World Challenge (262).
- Spieth also boasts the record for the largest margin of victory — 10 which he managed in 2014.
- The Hero World Challenge has only witnessed two playoffs in its history.
Similar Tournaments to Hero World Challenge
- 12th-15th January 2023, Sony Open: One of the first events of 2023 on the PGA Tour, the Sony Open is staged at Wai’alae Country Club in Hawaii, and Hideki Matsuyama was crowned champion in 2022 courtesy of a playoff.
- 9th-12th February 2023, Phoenix Open: Coinciding with Super Bowl weekend, the Phoenix Open, which is staged at TPC Scottsdale, usually draws in a raucous crowd. The 16th hole, which is a par 3, usually sees some wild scenes.
- 16th-19th February 2023, Genesis Invitational: Taking place at the picturesque Riviera Country Club in California, the Genesis Invitational is never short on drama, and the maximum margin of victory over the past five editions has been two shots.
- 23rd-26th February 2023, The Honda Classic: A key part of the Florida swing on the PGA Tour, the Honda Classic takes place in Palm Beach Gardens, and it carries a total prize purse of £8m.
- 13th-16th April 2023, RBC Heritage: Hilton Head Island stages this PGA Tour tournament, which comes just a week after The Masters, and Jordan Spieth is the reigning champion.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Hero World Challenge Betting FAQs
All four rounds of the Hero World Challenge will be available for UK viewers to watch on the dedicated Sky Sports golf channel.
The Albany in the Bahamas will take centre stage for the Hero World Challenge.
Viktor Hovland is the reigning champion, and he edged out Scottie Scheffler in a thrilling final round 12 months ago.
At the moment, there are no odds posted yet for the Hero World Challenge, however, we will share this as soon as they come out.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
For an exhibition style tournament, the Hero World Challenge has an elite feeling about it, and with Tiger Woods lending his backing and hosting, it usually pulls up some interesting lines.
Make sure you check our recommended betting sites for further inspiration ahead of the Hero World Challenge.