Like the Ascot British Champions Day, the Breeders' Cup is an end of season series of Grade I Thoroughbred horse races, designed to be a celebratory goodbye to the season. It is a two day showcase of the very best in North American horse racing. Consequently, Breeders Cup betting has also become a major deal.
Table of Contents
- Best Betting Sites for the Breeders Cup 2021
- Best Bookies for the Breeders Cup – Top 5 Ranked
- Breeders Cup Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Breeders Cup
- Breeders Cup Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular Breeders‘ Cup Betting Markets
- Tournament Structure for the Breeder’s Cup
- Breeders' Cup 2021 Schedule
- History of the Breeders' Cup
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the Breeders Cup
- Breeders' Cup Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
T&Cs: New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New UK & NI customers only. Promo code SPORTS60. Deposit and place first sports bet of £10+ in one transaction, at odds of Evens (2.0)+, settled within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Max 30 Free Spins on Blue Wizard at £0.10 per spin. 7-day expiry. Full T&Cs apply.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
1. Once the bonus is credited to your account, losses will be refunded up to the bonus amount. 2. You must deposit at least the qualifying deposit of £20 (or currency equivalent) in a single amount with your first deposit to be eligible for the rebate. 3. To withdraw rebated funds, you must bet at least the qualifying deposit on any combination of markets within the promotional period; otherwise, rebated funds will be forfeited. 4. Unused bonuses expire after seven days of being credited to a user account and will be removed after this period. 5. Users making their first deposit by Skrill, NETELLER, PayPal or a virtual/prepaid card will not qualify for this promotion. 6. The sign-up offer is strictly limited to one per individual, family, household address, email address, same payment account number, and shared computer. 7. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other sign-up promotion. 8. Smarkets standard terms for promotions apply. #ad
Best Bookies for the Breeders Cup – Top 5 Ranked
#1 Paddy Power
#3 William Hill
Breeders Cup Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The 2021 Breeders Cup will get underway on Friday November the 5th and finish on Saturday November the 6th. Over the two days there are 14 graded races that will go off at the Del Mar racetrack near San Diego, California, USA.
Breeders Cup Betting Odds 2021
The 2021 Breeders Cup is still a matter of weeks away which is why the bookies haven’t finalised this year’s Breeders Cup betting odds as of yet. As soon as they do get around to publishing the Breeders Cup odds, we will compare and contrast them for your perusal.
Breeders Cup Betting Tips & Predictions 2021
At the time of writing, we do not know the final fields for the upcoming races of the Breeders Cup. This is why our Breeders Cup 2021 tips are presently still unfinished. When we craft our Breeders Cup betting tips we need to know the horses that will be involved on the day as well as their form going into the race and who is scheduled to be the jockey. When we know all the above, we will put together our Breeders Cup tips and post them here.
Breeders Cup Betting Promotions 2021
- If you are considering betting on Breeders cup, then one welcome offer you might want to look into is 888sport’s £30 of free bets in exchange for an initial £10 bet, plus you’ll get a £10 casino bonus thrown in as well.
- Another betting promotion you can enjoy with a Breeders Cup bet is £50 in free bets, a £10 casino bonus, an Odds Boost Token and 20 free spins all of which is on offer to new customers at SportingBet.
5 Reasons to Bet on the Breeders Cup
- It’s America’s biggest racing event.
- It’s also one of the world’s most famous festivals.
- Many of the world’s finest thoroughbred racehorses will be there.
- And the world’s leading jockeys too.
- There is $31 million in prize money on the line.
Breeders Cup Betting Sites With Live Streaming
Popular Breeders‘ Cup Betting Markets
In the UK, Breeders' Cup betting is no different from betting on any other horse racing occasion, or indeed other major US horse racing events such as the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. This means, among your many betting opportunities, the following four examples can be enjoyed.
Race Winner Betting
A bet on the race winner is, quite simply, a nice little wager on one race and one race only, and where the punter aims to pick the winner of that particular race. There is nothing else to concern yourself with in a bet such as this, hence why we described it as simple.
Best Breeders Cup betting site for race winner: Mr Green
Why not take the above bet and, if you have a second horse that you fancy, double them together in a joint wager for bigger wins for the same single stake? To place a double, just select the two horses and place them in your online betting slip. From there, add a single stake on the double bet option and wait for the races to start. Both horses need to win in order to generate a return.
Best Breeders Cup betting site for doubles: Casumo
Top Jockey Betting
This is a nice bet that is easy to understand. Here, all you are required to do is pick the jockey that, over the two days, will ride the most winners. Your best chances of success are to look into the rides each jockey has over the two days of the Breeders' Cup and decide if they are likely to be good runners or not.
Best Breeders Cup betting site for top jockey: LeoVegas
Forecast betting is where the punter selects two horses running in the same race who they believe will be the first two horses past the post. With a forecast bet, the idea is that you pick two horses to come first and second and – this is important – you must get the order correct.
Best Breeders Cup betting site for forecasts: 32Red
Tournament Structure for the Breeder’s Cup
- There is a maximum of 14 starters that are permitted to enter each of the 14 Breeders’ Cup Championships races. Of these 14 Breeders Cup races that are contested on either turf or dirt over the course of the meeting, 13 are rated as being Group One standard while one is a Group Two.
- Race distances range from 1 mile 3/8 furlongs to five furlongs, while on Saturday there is a six furlong Group One Sprint that’s not dissimilar from our own Sprint Cup meaning Betfred Sprint Cup tips could prove useful. The two most prestigious races of the meet are both on Saturday, the Breeders’ Cup Turf and the Breeders’ Cup Classic.
- There are a number of ways a horse can qualify for a Breeders’ Cup race, from winning a Breeders’ Cup Challenge race or qualifying through a point ranking system that has built up over the previous season’s major races, wins and places. Another way in is by a panel of expert selection, which usually makes up half the 14 race field. Over the whole weekend there is $31 million paid out in prize money.
Breeders' Cup 2021 Schedule
|Friday November 5th 2021|
|Juvenile Turf Sprint||2||5 Furlongs||2||$1,000,000|
|Juvenile Turf||1||1 Mile||2||$1,000,000|
|TVG Juvenile Presented By TAA||1||1 + 1/16 Miles||2||$2,000,000|
|Juvenile Fillies||1||1 1/16 Miles||2||$2,000,000|
|Juvenile Fillies Turf||1||1 Mile||2||$1,000,000|
|Saturday November 6th 2021|
|Longines Distaff||1||1 1/8 Miles||3+||$2,000,000|
|Maker’s Mark Filly & Mare Turf||1||1 3/8 Miles||3+||$2,000,000|
|Longines Classic||1||1 1/4 miles||3+||$6,000,000|
|Fanduel Mile Presented By PDJF||1||1 Mile||3+||$2,000,000|
|Longines Turf||1||1 1/2 miles||3+||$4,000,000|
|Big Ass Fans Dirt Mile||1||1 Mile||3+||$1,000,000|
|Turf Sprint||1||5 Furlongs||3+||$1,000,000|
|Filly & Mare Sprint||1||7 Furlongs||3+||$1,000,000|
History of the Breeders' Cup
The first Breeders' Cup was held in 1984. The idea behind the Breeders' Cup came from the desire to create an end of season championship for North American Thoroughbred racing season. It was first proposed in 1982 by John R. Gaines, a thoroughbred horse owner and breeder who wished to clean up the sport's image. The event has become one of the richest occasions in racing with prize money largely pooled from nomination fees paid for by breeders.
The Breeders' Cup is held at a new host venue each year, and, as of 2021, all events have been staged in the United States, with the exception of 1996, when the races were at the Woodbine Racetrack in Canada. It wasn’t until 2007 that the Breeders' Cup was relaunched as a two-day event.
Recent Breeders Cup Classic Winners
|2020||Authentic||John R. Velazquez
|2019||Vino Rosso||Irad Ortiz Jr.|
|2017||Gun Runner||Florent Geroux|
|2016||Arrogate||Mike E. Smith|
|2015||American Pharoah||Victor Espinoza|
|2013||Mucho Macho Man||Gary Stevens|
|2012||Fort Larned||Brian Hernandez Jr.|
|2011||Drosselmeyer||Mike E. Smith|
Breeders' Cup Key Stats
- Mike Smith is the leading Breeders' Cup jockey with 26 wins.
- D. Wayne Lukas is the leading Breeders' Cup trainer with 20 wins in total.
- Nine-year-old Calidoscopio became the oldest horse to win a Breeders' Cup Race in 2012.
- The oldest ever jockey to win a Breeders' Cup Race is Bill Shoemaker, who rode Ferdinand to victory in 1987 at the age of 56.
- The youngest jockey to ever win a Breeders' Cup Race is Joseph O’Brien, who was just 18 when he won on the back of St Nicholas Abbey in 2011.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the Breeders Cup
- 16th October 2021, British Champions Day: This is the richest day in British racing and helps to close the flat season.
- 2nd November: Melbourne Cup: One of the world’s richest turf races which plays out each November in Melbourne, Australia.
- 12th – 14th November 2021, Cheltenham November Meeting: The race meeting that heralds the jump season in the UK and takes place annually at Cheltenham racecourse.
Breeders' Cup Betting FAQs
💰 What are the best bookies for Breeders' Cup betting?
😎 Where can I watch the Breeders Cup?
Viewers in the UK can watch the Breeders Cup live on Sky Sports.
👌 How much money is on offer in total at the Breeders' Cup?
The total prize money on offer is around $31 million.
🏆 How many Breeders' Cup races are there?
There are 14 races spread unevenly over two days.
🤠 How many runners go in each Breeders' Cup race?
A total of 14 runners go in each Breeders' Cup race.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The Breeders' Cup is one of the richest few days in horse racing and a major occasion for North American sport. The event is designed as a fun way to bring the curtain down on the season by staging, in one weekend, nothing but Group races of the very highest quality with prize money to match. As such, in its almost four decades of existence, it has grown internationally as one the great occasions of horse racing anywhere on earth. Consequently, Breeders Cup bets are hugely anticipated by the many, many fans the event has amassed over the years.