In this article, we’ll be breaking down all the withdrawal options available to UK players, as well as Betway withdrawal times, so you can make sure they are right for you.
Betway is one of our absolute favourite bookmakers; they provide great odds, fabulous promotions, an amazing selection of betting markets and an all-round world-class betting experience. But of course, none of that matters much if you don’t also have reliable and effective banking options. Find out more about Betway withdrawal times below.
- Betway Withdrawal Time Scales & Options – 2024
- Other International Payment Methods at Betway
- Key Betway Withdrawal Terms You Should Know About
- Things That Could Slow Down Your Betway Withdrawal Time Scale
- Withdrawing From Betway on Mobile
- Is It Safe To Withdraw With Betway?
- Step by Step: How To Withdraw From Betway
- Betway Withdrawal Times FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Betway Withdrawal Time Scales & Options – 2024
|Debit Card – Visa/Mastercard
|No additional fees.
|1-2 business days*
|£5 or less*
|Debit Card – Visa Direct
|No additional fees.
|No additional fees.
|2 – 24 hours
|£5 or less*
|No additional fees.
|2 – 24 hours
While there are different payment methods available from Betway, it is important to note that they do have plenty in common. Not only are the processing times very reasonable, there are also no additional fees from the bookmaker (payment providers may impose fees). This makes Betway one of the most versatile and fair operators in the world when it comes to banking options.
*Business days refers to weekdays where there is no other reason banks would not function as normal, such as a bank holiday.
*Betway charge £1 for any withdrawals below £5 if you have less than the minimum amount in your account.
Rapid Transfer is also available, but is not on this list because it is only available for deposit.
Betway Withdrawal Times and Details for Debit Card
In the above table, we separated these because of the distinction in processing time, but for all other intents and purposes, the way in which the different debit card banking options work is largely the same.
If you have ever paid for pretty much anything online, you should know what to expect here. You add a few key details to identify your Visa or Mastercard and deposits are made instantly.
How Long Does It Take To Withdraw With a Debit Card From Betway?
For your traditional debit card options, it should take between 1-2 business days. Visa Direct has even faster Betway withdrawal times – providing payments in 12 hours, which is surely a wave of the future for this classic payment option.
Betway Withdrawal Times and Details for E-wallets: PayPal and NETELLER
While there are some differences in the ways they work, for the purposes of withdrawal at Betway, they are overwhelmingly similar.
- You provide simple information and can enjoy quick Betway withdrawal times potentially within a mere 2 hours, although 24 hours Betway withdrawal times PayPal is possible. NETELLER also has the same timeframe as the aforementioned Betway PayPal withdrawal time periods.
- There are also additional security features such as additional encryption, fingerprint ID and two-step verification. It’s fast, easy to use, and secure.
- The downsides to e-wallets are twofold, as they come with small fees. Do note that the reason we wrote no additional fees is because there are no fees coming from Betway, but that does not necessarily mean there are no fees from the payment providers side of things. All of them, though, are under 4%, with NETELLER offering fees of 3.99% and PayPal offering 3.4%.
- E-wallets are generally exempt from promotions. This is a security measure common across pretty much all of the best bookmakers, and just a reality of using e-wallets. However, in exchange for this, you get one of the fastest withdrawal options out there.
Other International Payment Methods at Betway
Do note that the table above is focused on UK payment methods only and does not include all international payment methods, although some, like PayPal, are certainly international.
Others that are available elsewhere include Interac, Neosurf, paysafecard, Payz (formerly ecoPayz), ecoVoucher, Flexepin, iDebit and INSTADEBIT, to name a few.
Rest assured that if you are interested in payment methods outside of the UK, they have plenty there to offer you, and the excellent policies regarding fees and limits remain stable across every international version of the site we checked.
Speaking of international versions of the site, it’s worth noting that finding which payment options are available is incredibly easy. They are all available at the bottom of the homepage and you can find information about them through their help section.
Key Banking Options Not Included
Quite honestly, if we were to list every payment method not included, this page would start to look like a virtual phone book of every strange way you can pay for things online. Of course, some are simply more useful and trustworthy than others.
Here’s a shortlist of the best payment types not – as far as our research indicates – available from Betway.
- Trustly: This is a Swedish payment method widely available across Europe. It differentiates itself from the likes of PayPal by allowing you to easily transfer funds between currencies. It also boasts a withdrawal period competitive to that of the Betway PayPal withdrawal time on the best Trustly betting sites.
- Skrill: Kind of like a UK version of PayPal, there are many great Skrill betting sites across Britain, which is why it is a surprise we didn’t see it here. It’s also available in a massive variety of currencies, and has features such as an intuitive app, VIP programme and prepaid Mastercard 1-tap integration
- Google Pay: Another innovation in the world of mobile wallets, this is a portable payment method with excellent security measures and low fees. It’s easy to use: just connect Google Pay to a debit card and you are good to go. The drawback here is that it is not commonly available, with only a few Google Play betting sites available at the time of writing. The good news is they are of high quality, just check out the bet365 withdrawal payment methods as an example.
- Apple Pay: Take everything we said about Google Play but apply it to iOS instead of Android. This even offers face identification, and two-factor
- authentication. However, it cannot be used for withdrawals and does need a high-quality operating system to work on your phone. If it does work on your phone, we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the selection of great Apple Pay betting sites out there.
- Boku: Another mobile-based option but with an innovative twist. All you need in order to make the most of a Boku betting site is a phone number and your charges will be added to your mobile bill.
- Cryptocurrencies: We aren’t surprised that cryptocurrencies are not available as a payment method from Betway, it is simply not their target audience. However, for those interested in innovative, secure payment options, the likes of Bitcoin betting sites have offered a near revolution in terms of payment methods. Do note you will need an e-wallet to withdraw.
Key Betway Withdrawal Terms You Should Know About
The quality of the banking experience at Betway, much like the quality of the best promotional offers, comes down to their terms and conditions. With that in mind, we’ve decided to go through the most important terms related to withdrawing funds at Betway, so you can fully understand what to expect, and what is expected from you.
There are two parts to understanding how long it takes to withdraw money from Betway. Part one is the processing from the payment provider, which is what we covered in the above table.
The second is the processing that is required from Betway. Essentially, they give themselves a Betway withdrawal time scale period of 72 hours to do all the checks they need to keep both you and themselves safe during this transaction.
Identification Verification Policy
The UK has strict laws on identification for the purposes of preventing fraud, money laundering and underage people from gambling. Part of this process is the need to confirm your identity using ID documents. Acceptable options include the likes of passports, driving licences, utility bills and copies of bank statements.
Same Deposit/Withdrawal Policy
Betway wants you to withdraw via the same method you used to deposit whenever logically possible.
Withdrawal Reversal Policy
One cool feature is you can reverse the withdrawal of your funds by simply clicking on the reverse withdrawal tab. So long as it has not been processed and is within that Betway withdrawal time scale period, you are free to use the feature as you wish.
Fees/Minimum Withdrawal Policy
As mentioned before, there is no set minimum withdrawal. However, there is a fee of £1 if you withdraw under £5. This means that although there is no set minimum, the fee indirectly sets a minimum of £1, as you would have a negative balance were you to withdraw less than that.
Maximum Withdrawal Policy
From the side of Betway, there are no maximum withdrawal amounts. That is an absolutely huge benefit because it means that the payment methods allow you to withdraw as much as you want.
Credit Card Policy
Credit cards have been illegal for use on UK gambling sites for some time now, so you cannot use them for deposit or withdrawal and must seek an alternative. However, credit cards are available as a payment option in territories where the laws are different.
When to Contact Customer Service
First off, the customer service at Betway is truly excellent. They provide an extensive help and FAQ section. In addition, they also offer live chat from 6am to midnight.
We had to use live chat on several occasions in order to get all of the information we needed, and they could not have been more helpful or much faster to respond. Truly exceptional.
When should you contact them?
Our answer is simple, it’s whenever you need help, especially if the results don’t match stated Betway withdrawal times. They are there to assist, from PayPal to debit card transactions, so don’t hesitate to utilise this service.
Things That Could Slow Down Your Betway Withdrawal Time Scale
How long a withdrawal takes is a result of many different factors. To understand what might slow yours down, we’ve created a short list of things that could potential impact Betway withdrawal times.
- The Impact of The Weekend on Betway Withdrawal Times: Generally speaking, banking is not done on a weekend. That means that both from Betway and your chosen payment method, this is time that essentially doesn’t count for Betway withdrawal times. So, keep the day of the week in mind when working out when to expect your cash.
- Change of Banking Information: Changes to how you usually bank could force Betway to make additional security checks and could mean that the transaction period from their end takes longer than usual.
- Identification Issues: One of the most impactful factors on Betway withdrawal times is if you have not yet been properly identified. Furthermore, if there are issues with the documents you have provided, this may result in further delays and possibly require more information from you before things are processed.
- Unusually Large Withdrawals: Again, so much of your transaction period is to do with safety, that’s why it is possible for an unusually large withdrawal to create additional checks and thus, slowdown. In fairness, Betway are very competitive in this regard.
- Wagering Requirements : When it comes to promotions, Betway like to keep things down to earth, and are generous with their terms and conditions. This means that in many instances you don’t have to worry about wagering requirements, whereas you might for other operators.
That said, if you do choose a promotion that requires you to bet your bonus amount a certain number of times before you are able to withdraw, this would obviously cause a delay for Betway withdrawal time scales.
If you are unsure of whether you can withdraw a certain bonus amount straight away, check the terms and conditions or ask customer service.
Withdrawing From Betway on Mobile
For all intents and purposes, understanding how to withdraw money from Betway mobile – just like most of the best betting apps – is the same as it is on your browser.
You have the exact same withdrawal options, and although there is some graphical and structural difference between the website and the mobile app due to logistics, it’s about as similar as you could imagine it to be.
Therefore, you shouldn’t have a hard time finding anything on mobile, and everything we have said about the withdrawal process -including Betway withdrawal times and our step-by-step guide down below- should be close to identical.
Is It Safe To Withdraw With Betway?
Before we learn to how withdraw from Betway, it’s just as important to know if it is safe to do so.
Betway might not have the same number of withdrawal payment methods as some others, but every option here adheres to the highest levels of reliability and security.
If you read our full Betway review, you’ll know the level of quality they operate at generally. Not only are the payment options chosen with the highest possible scrutiny, but the standards of the site and app are similarly excellent.
In short, the answer is yes, about as safe as any betting site could be!
Step by Step: How To Withdraw From Betway
Withdrawing funds from Betway is incredibly simple. It’s all so intuitive that you barely need any instruction whatsoever. However, we are aware that these kinds of things can make people apprehensive, so in order to put your mind at ease, we’ve provided a step-by-step guide on how to withdraw money from Betway.
- These are kind of pre-steps. You will first need to register an account, download the app if necessary, get your identity verified, and have funds in your account. This will prevent unnecessary delay on Betway withdrawal times.
- The first part to learning how to withdraw money from Betway is simple: log in to your account.
- Go to the bank button at the top right of the screen.
- Select withdraw on the pop-up.
- Complete the withdrawal form, this pretty much gets you to confirm what payment method you are using and how much you want to take out.
- Hit proceed. You should be notified if there are any issues, and if you have any questions, contact customer service.
Betway Withdrawal Times FAQs
There is a mimumum withdrawal amount of £5 when withdrawing from Betway. However, if your account has less than £5, a withdrawal is still possible subject to a £1 processing fee.
There is no set maximum when withdrawing from Betway.
For UK customers, you can use a debit card (including Visa direct), PayPal and NETELLER. More are available for international users.
Whenever possible yes, you must use the same method.
There is a £1 fee if you withdraw less than £5.
The Betway withdrawal time PayPal begins at 2 hours with a maximum of 24 hours.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Betway offers a straightforward, mainstream selection of reliable payment options that will appeal to a huge amount of people, especially those who are looking for an easy-to-use banking process.
Their terms are not just simple, they are also exceptionally reasonable. No additional fees as standard, and fair Betway withdrawal times make them a cut above the rest, as does their policy regarding reversal of withdrawal and their safety procedures.
The only negative might be if you were looking for something different like cryptocurrencies. Otherwise, we think you’ll be happy with what’s available here.
Remember too that the quality of payment method is only as good as they platform they are available on, and Betway are one of the absolute best online gambling has to offer, making this a match made in betting heaven.