The ICC T20 World Cup is the world championship organised by the governing body, the International Cricket Council. Here is all you need to know about cricket betting, including the latest Twenty20 World Cup news, the tournament schedule, our Twenty20 World Cup betting tips, the most successful teams, and much more!
Table of Contents
- Best Betting Sites for Cricket T20 Betting
- Best Bookies for Cricket T20 Betting – Top 5 Ranked
- Cricket T20 World Cup Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons To Bet on the Cricket T20 World Cup
- Best Cricket T20 World Cup Betting Sites with Live Streaming
- Popular Cricket T20 World Cup Betting Markets
- Cricket Twenty20 World Cup 2021 Schedule
- Tournament Structure for Twenty20 World Cup
- Latest Cricket T20 Stats & Rankings
- Bite-Sized History of the Cricket T20 World Cup
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the T20 Cricket World Cup
- Cricket T20 Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 35x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10or more bets to receive £20in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
10% net losses on Cricket bets for the previous week. Each week paid as a free bet (4 day expiry). In-play only. Max £100 free bet paid 12:00 Monday for previous week. Player, country & currency restrictions apply. Free bet rules and terms apply.
Best Bookies for Cricket T20 Betting – Top 5 Ranked
#5 William Hill
Cricket T20 World Cup Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The T20 Cricket World Cup kicks off on Sunday 17th October at the Oman Cricket Academy Ground in Al Amerat, Muscat, where the hosts Oman take on Papua New Guinea.
Learn about the latest information with respect to the tournament as world-class cricketers Rohit Sharma, David Warner, and Virat Kohli are bound to set the World Cup on fire. If you want to bet on the Cricket World Cup, then this complete guide to T20 World Cup betting will provide you with everything you need to know.
Cricket T20 World Cup Betting Odds 2021
|New Zealand||7/1||William Hill|
|Papua New Guinea||1000/1||bet365|
Cricket T20 World Cup Betting Tips and Predictions 2021
- The 2021 ICC T20 World Cup, also referred as the World T20 or the Twenty Twenty World Cup, finally gets underway this month, one year behind schedule. There was supposed to be a 2020 T20 World Cup last year in Australia but that was postponed due to Covid-19 so this is our first T20 international tournament in five years when the West Indies beat England in the final in Kolkata. This time around though its India who are fancied by the bookies to lift the trophy.
- India got one over on England over the summer where they were leading the five match test series which was abandoned after four matches. With the series result in limbo - there are plans to play a one-off test match in England next summer - Indian minds are now firmly on the T20 contest ahead. India are one of the best teams in the world right now, ranked number two, despite losing the World Test Championship final to New Zealand in June. They gave England a rough summer which followed twin wins in Australia and a dominant record at home. Virat Kohli's team might be the favourites, but they are not the number one team in the world. That honour goes to the team that beat them recently and who inflicted India’s only series defeat in the last three years - New Zealand.
- There are some surprisingly generous odds to be had on New Zealand for those that are interested. The Black Caps took down the ICC World Test Championship Final when they outplayed and destroyed India at the Rose Bowl in Southampton. Given that India would go on to beat England only further shows how good this Kiwis team is. Kane Williamson’s side possess some magical bowlers such as the outstanding Trent Boult which has led to their success in red ball cricket. Expect this success to carry over into the short form of the game.
- Boult has taken more than 500 international wickets across the three formats of the game. If he can keep that up in the T20 World Cup, the Black Caps, the number one team in the world, will have every chance of improving on their 2016 runners-up performance. Surely their price of around 7/1 won’t be around for long.
- Elsewhere, defending champions West Indies are massively out of form, while England and Australia can sometimes be unpredictable. Those two will have one eye on the Ashes series that is coming up Down Under over the summer. Eoin Morgan’s England have been a dominating force in white ball cricket for a while now and have explosive batters in their top order, very good all-rounders throughout and a have fierce fast bowling unit. They have lost only once in the last 10 T20 Internationals – to India – and are the reigning World Cup holders having won in 2019 at Lords at the expense of New Zealand.
- Ben Stokes was the star of the show that day, but England won’t be able to call upon his services this time, or those of the injured Jofra Archer and Sam Curran. This means that the likes of Moeen Ali, Jonathan Bairstow, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, and Chris Woakes will need to be at their best if they are to do well out in Dubai.
Cricket T20 World Cup Promotions 2021
- Claim up to £100 in bet credits at bet365, what better opportunity than the T20 World Cup?
- Another of the best deals around right now for World Cup cricket betting is SportNation’s £20 in free bets, which also comes with 10 free spins on top.
- New customers at Ladbrokes can pick up £20 in free bets after they place their first £5 bet, which can be on the Twenty Twenty Cricket.
5 Reasons To Bet on the Cricket T20 World Cup
- This is one of the biggest events in world sport.
- It is also one of the most hotly-contested competitions in cricket.
- The world’s top cricketing talent will be there.
- The rivalries are insane.
- The fans are wild.
Best Cricket T20 World Cup Betting Sites with Live Streaming
Popular Cricket T20 World Cup Betting Markets
In the wake of the 2021 ICC Cricket Twenty20 World Cup, here is all you need to know about the most important cricket betting markets and popular bet variants.
An Outright Winner bet requires you to predict the winner of a tournament to be contested.
The favourites to win the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 are India.
Best Cricket Twenty20 World Cup betting site for outright winner: NetBet
To Win the Match
A To Win the Match bet requires you to successfully predict the winner of a match.
You should look to punt on a team which is in good form. Look into fixture history as well, and aggregate the number of runs and wickets – each team has taken against the other – in T20 World Cup fixtures.
Best Cricket Twenty20 World Cup betting site for match winner: Novibet
Team Innings Runs
A Team Innings Runs bet requires you to predict how many runs a team will score in due course of an innings. This bet could be in the form of Over/Under, or a given range. The odds associated with this betting variant are usually on the higher side, given its difficulty.
You should look at the number of runs a team usually scores, the opposition at large, the bowling prowess of the opposition, and the capability of the lower-order batsmen of a team in question.
Best Cricket Twenty20 World Cup betting site for team innings runs: QuinnBet
This betting variant requires you to predict the team competing in a match which will score the most sixes.
You should gauge the number of players in a team who rely on hitting sixes, the number of sixes they have hit in T20 cricket, and their batting averages.
Best Cricket Twenty20 World Cup betting site for most sixes: Fansbet
This betting variant requires you to predict the top-scoring batsman – in due course of a match. You should look to punt on the most consistent batsman in a team, or the player (coming into the match in question) who is in the best form.
Best Cricket Twenty20 World Cup betting site for top batsman: BoyleSports
This betting variant requires you to predict the top wicket-taking bowler – in due course of a match. You should look to punt on the most consistent bowler in a team, or a player who is in the best form.
Best Cricket Twenty20 World Cup betting site for top bowler: Sportingbet
Best Economy Rate on T20
This betting variant requires you to predict a bowler who will have the best economy rate – in due course of an inning. A bowler’s economy rate is the average number of runs that have been scored for each over bowled. The better the bowler is playing, the fewer runs the batsmen will get and the lower the economy rate will be.
This is an interesting betting variant. Fast bowlers bowling in the first 6 overs of a game – or spinners (at any time in due course of a match) are likely to have the best economy rate. That being said, gauge the economy rates of all the bowlers in a team, then choose a bowler with a proven track record, a good variety of deliveries, and a deadly Yorker (for fast bowlers)/Second-Stock delivery (for spinners).
Best Cricket Twenty20 World Cup betting site for best economy rate: 888sport
Fifty To Be Scored in the Match
This betting variant requires you to predict whether a fifty will be scored in due course of a match. In matches with a big team playing, a fifty is more likely to be scored than not.
Best Cricket Twenty20 World Cup betting site for a fifty scored: bwin
Cricket Twenty20 World Cup 2021 Schedule
|Match Date||Teams||Match Venue|
|17 October 2021||Oman vs Papua New Guinea||Oman|
|17 October 2021||Bangladesh vs Scotland||Oman|
|18 October 2021||Ireland vs Netherlands||Abu Dhabi|
|18 October 2021||Sri Lanka vs Namibia||Abu Dhabi|
|19 October 2021||Scotland vs Papua New Guinea||Oman|
|19 October 2021||Oman vs Bangladesh||Oman|
|20 October 2021||Namibia vs Netherlands||Abu Dhabi|
|20 October 2021||Sri Lanka vs Ireland||Abu Dhabi|
|21 October 2021||Bangladesh vs Papua New Guinea||Oman|
|21 October 2021||Oman vs Scotland||Oman|
|22 October 2021||Namibia vs Ireland||Sharjah|
|22 October 2021||Sri Lanka vs Netherlands||Sharjah|
|23 October 2021||Australia vs South Africa||Abu Dhabi|
|23 October 2021||England vs West Indies||Dubai|
|24 October 2021||A1 vs B2||Sharjah|
|25 October 2021||India Vs Pakistan||Dubai|
|25 October 2021||Afghanistan vs B1||Sharjah|
|26 October 2021||South Africa vs West Indies||Dubai|
|26 October 2021||Pakistan vs New Zeland||Sharjah|
|27 October 2021||England vs B2||Abu Dhabi|
|27 October 2021||B1 vs A2||Abu Dhabi|
|28 October 2021||Australia vs A1||Dubai|
|29 October 2021||West Indies vs B2||Sharjah|
|29 October 2021||Afghanistan vs Pakistan||Dubai|
|30 October 2021||South Africa vs A1||Sharjah|
|30 October 2021||England vs Australia||Dubai|
|31 October 2021||Afghanistan vs A2||Abu Dhabi|
|31 October 2021||India vs New Zealand||Dubai|
|01 November 2021||England vs A1||Sharjah|
|02 November 2021||South Africa vs B2||Abu Dhabi|
|02 November 2021||Pakistan vs A2||Abu Dhabi|
|03 November 2021||New Zealand vs B1||Dubai|
|03 November 2021||India vs Afghnistan||Abu Dhabi|
|04 November 2021||Australia vs B2||Abu Dhabi|
|04 November 2021||West Indies vs A1||Sharjah|
|05 November 2021||India vs B1||Dubai|
|06 November 2021||Australia vs West Indies||Abu Dhabi|
|06 November 2021||England vs South Africa||Sharjah|
|07 November 2021||New Zealand vs Afghanistan||Abu Dhabi|
|07 November 2021||Pakistan vs B1||Sharjah|
|08 November 2021||India vs A2||Dubai|
|10 November 2021||A1 vs B2||Abu Dhabi|
|11 November 2021||A2 vs B1||Dubai|
|14 November 2021||Winner of SF-1 vs Winner of SF-2||Dubai|
Tournament Structure for Twenty20 World Cup
The T20 World Cup can be played at any time of the year and is typically hosted by cricket-playing nations in either hemisphere. Consisting of 16 competing teams, the event is divided into three different stages. The top 8 teams in T20 World Cricket automatically qualify for the Super 12s stage of the Cricket Twenty20 World Cup, while the 9th to 16th ranked teams must compete in an initial First Round stage.
The First Round stage consists of two groups – Group A, and Group B, each consisting of 4 competing teams. Each team will face the other team in a group once, and the top 2 teams in each group will qualify for the Super 12s stage of the tournament.
The Super 12s stage consists of two groups – Group 1, and Group 2, each consisting of 6 competing teams. Each team must face the other team in a group once, and the top 2 teams in each group will qualify for the Knockout stage of the tournament.
The Knockout stage of the tournament involves two Semi-finals (1A vs. 2B, and 2A vs. 1B), and the winner of each will compete in the tournament’s final.
Latest Cricket T20 Stats & Rankings
Cricket T20 Team Rankings
Cricket T20 Batsmen Rankings
|3||Devon Conway||New Zealand||774|
|8||Martin Guptill||New Zealand||688|
|9||Evin Lewis||West Indies||664|
|10||Rassie van der Dussen||South Africa||650|
T20 Bowlers Rankings
|1||Tabraiz Shamsi||South Africa||792|
|2||Wanindu De Silva||Sri Lanka||764|
|5||Mujeeb Ur Rahman||Afghanistan||687|
|6||Tim Southee||New Zealand||669|
|9||Ish Sodhi||New Zealand||640|
Bite-Sized History of the Cricket T20 World Cup
T20 Cricket was initially introduced on a professional level by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in 2003. It slowly garnered pace and built a reputation of entertaining crowds with a swashbuckling brand of batting and innovative bowling strategies on display.
It was not long before the International Cricket Council Board (ICC) announced the formation of a new World Cup format – the ICC Twenty20 Cricket World Cup, and in 2007 the first edition took place in South Africa.
The 2007 ICC Twenty20 Cricket World Cup was a huge success, with India beating Pakistan in a nail-biting final. India’s victory catapulted T20 Cricket to new heights, as the BCCI introduced the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2008.
The success of the IPL saw several T20 tournaments of acclaim being launched, including the Big Bash, the Caribbean Premier League, and the Pakistan Super League, among other tournaments.
The ICC T20 Cricket World Cup has seen huge success over the years, with several memorable matches being contested, superstars being unravelled, and legends being born.
The most successful team in the history of the ICC Twenty20 Cricket World Cup is West Indies – with 2 titles to their name, while Sri Lanka is the most consistent team in Twenty20 World Cup history, having reached 3 finals and winning 1 of them.
Due to health precautions, the 2020 World Cup, which had been set to take place in Australia in October 2020, would now take place one year later in Oman and the UAE.
Recent Cricket T20 World Cup Winners
|2016||India||Kolkata|| West Indies|
161/6 (19.4 overs)
155/9 (20 overs)
|2014||Bangladesh||Dhaka|| Sri Lanka|
134/4 (17.5 overs)
130/4 (20 overs)
|2012||Sri Lanka||Colombo|| West Indies|
137/6 (20 overs)
| Sri Lanka
101 all out (18.4 overs)
|2010||West Indies||Bridgetown|| England|
148/3 (17 overs)
147/6 (20 overs)
139/2 (18.4 overs)
| Sri Lanka
138/6 (20 overs)
|2007||South Africa||Johannesburg|| India|
157/5 (20 overs)
152 all out (19.4 overs)
Cricket Twenty20 World Cup Key Stats
- The highest score in the tournament’s history is 260-6 and was achieved by Sri Lanka against Kenya in 2007.
- The lowest score in the tournament’s history is 39 and was scored by the Netherlands against Sri Lanka in 2014.
- The leading wicket taker in the history of the T20 World Cup is Shahid Afridi with 39 wickets in 34 matches.
- Virat Kohli has the highest batting average – a mind-boggling 86.33 in 16 matches.
- Chris Gayle has scored the most centuries in the tournament’s history with 2.
- Yuvraj Singh scored the fastest 50 in T20 history, in just 12 balls, against England in 2007.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the T20 Cricket World Cup
- 2nd September 2021, Fourth Test England vs India Test Series: With two Tests remaining, things are all square between these two cricketing titans of red ball, long-form cricket.
- 8th December 2021 – 18 January 2022, The Ashes Series: The most anticipated Test series in cricket, at least in England and Australia, takes place this winter with Australia hosting.
- 2023, ICC Cricket World Cup: The next one-day world cup will be played in India during October and November 2023.
Cricket T20 Betting FAQs
❓ What are the best betting sites for Cricket World Cup betting?
😎 Where can I watch the T20 Cricket World Cup?
The T20 World Cup will be available to watch on Sky Sports.
📍 Where is the 2020 ICC Cricket Twenty20 World Cup being held?
The 2020 Cricket Twenty Twenty World Cup will take place in UAE and Oman, and not in 2020, but in 2021.
🎰 When is the 2021 ICC Cricket Twenty20 World Cup taking place?
The tournament will take place between the 17th of October, with the Final being played in Dubai on the 14th of November 2021.
💰 Which team has won the most T20 World Cups?
West Indies (2) has won the most T20 World Cups.
💳 Which team is favourite to win the 2021 ICC Cricket Twenty20 World Cup?
India are the favourites at around 13/2, at the time of writing.
❓ Are centuries common in T20 cricket?
Not as common as in test cricket for obvious reasons, but 20 overs is still enough for some players to hit 100.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The Cricket Twenty20 World Cup has dished out a plethora of enthralling experiences over the years, and many memories worth cherishing. When betting, you ought to keep in mind all the betting tips, predictions, and strategies, mentioned in this article.
Conduct due research at all times, and bet on a team with a proven track record of winning. It is worth keeping a vast portfolio of betting sites to choose from, and punt on a betting site which is offering the best odds.