In this guide, we will explore the best betting sites in India, the legality of online sports betting in the country, the points that you should keep in mind when choosing an online betting platform, the most popular payment options for Indian customers and the currency options that are available.
Table of Contents
- Best Betting Sites We Recommend for Betting in India
- Top 15 Indian Betting Sites – Ranked
- Online Betting in India
- Is Online Betting Legal in India?
- Choosing a Good Betting Site in India
- Popular Payment Methods for Indian Customers
- Live Betting in India
- How to Bet Online in India
- Indian Betting Sites FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Top 15 Indian Betting Sites – Ranked
Here are the top 15 online betting sites in India most likely to provide a great betting experience for anyone in the country, whether they are locals, tourists, or expats.
Online Betting in India
Online betting has been gaining momentum in India over the years, with with mobile gambling the most popular mode. The industry in India garners a revenue of approximately $30 billion each year, and, with an estimated 730 million Indian internet users by the end of 2020, it will likely continue to flourish for the foreseeable future.
There is not much that differs between betting in India and online betting in the United Kingdom. We will go through everything you need to know about the best Indian betting sites in more detail later on in this article.
Is Online Betting Legal in India?
Technically, betting is prohibited in most of India, according to The Public Gambling Act of 1867. That being said, there are no rules in place which state that online betting is an illegal activity. A large number of international bookmakers are using this apparent loophole to attract Indian customers. These betting sites are hosted by servers which are located in countries where betting is a legal activity.
The Finance, Revenue and Expenditure Department of the Government of Sikkim issued a memorandum on the 4th of March, 2009 called the Sikkim Online Gaming (Regulation) Rules, 2009. This document outlines the regulations for online betting licensing within the state, with online sports betting and online casino legalised in the state.
Choosing a Good Betting Site in India
Here are a few points that you should keep in mind when choosing a betting site in India:
- Choose a betting site that offers the Euro and/or the Pound Sterling as a currency option, particularly if you are from the United Kingdom.
- You should choose an international operator which offers several languages.
- Do not stick to a single betting site. When you are placing a bet, compare the odds on offer at several operators and choose the one which is charges the lowest margin of profit.
- Choose a betting site which requires you to prove your identity when you register. This will ensure that you are betting on a platform that is secure and will protect your funds as well as your personal information.
- A good VIP or Loyalty Programme is also an added incentive.
Popular Payment Methods for Indian Customers
- BetVictor, 10bet, GentingBet and Interbet offer the Euro and the Pound Sterling, but do not offer the Indian Rupee.
- Vbet and Novibet offer the Euro.
- 22bet offers the Euro and the Indian Rupee, but does not offer the Pound Sterling.
- bet365, the most popular betting site in India, accepts the Indian Rupee, as well as many other currencies.
- NetBet, LeoVegas and Sportsbet.io too offer the Indian Rupee.
You should go through all information related to transaction fees, minimum deposit amounts, minimum withdrawal amounts, deposit limits, withdrawal limits and processing durations before signing up to any betting site.
When you register at a betting site in India you may be asked to verify your identity. If not, at the time of registration, you will be asked to do so when you initiate your first withdrawal.
Live Betting in India
Live betting in India is quite similar to live betting in the United Kingdom. Of course, the events that are available for live streaming on Indian betting sites may be different due to broadcasting rights. Sites like bet365, Unibet and Marathonbet offer a wealth of in-play betting markets to punt on.
If you're a particular fan of live betting, you should always give preference to sites that give you the option to live stream matches, offer in-depth statistics and tools such as Cash Out, Fast Markets and Bet Builder.
How to Bet Online in India
The process of registering at a betting site, depositing funds, playing and withdrawing winnings remains the same. Despite the current legal situation in India, the basics of betting remain practically identical.
Cricket is the most loved sport in India, without a shadow of a doubt; in fact, the Indian Premier League (IPL) is the most bet on tournament in the country. Sports like football, tennis and basketball are quite popular as well.
If you are new to the online betting scene, choose a sport that you are familiar with and place small bets initially. Once you gain significant knowledge of how betting markets work, you can place bigger bets and explore new horizons.
Indian Betting Sites FAQs
🏆 What are the best betting sites in India?
Based on our research, bet365, Unibet, Betiton and BetVictor are the best betting sites in India.
🏅 Is online betting legal in India?
While betting considered illegal in most of India, there are no rules in place which state that online betting is actually an illegal activity.
❓What are the most popular payment methods for online betting in India?
Debit cards, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, online bank transfers and paysafecard are the most popular payment methods for online betting in India.
✔️ Are the Euro and the Pound Sterling accepted by betting sites in India?
Yes, several betting sites offer the Euro and/or the Pound Sterling. Sites like NetBet, LeoVegas and Sportsbet.io offer the Indian Rupee.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
There is very little difference between online betting in India and online betting in the United Kingdom. Many of the world’s best betting sites offer their services to Indian customers, and quite a few sites also offer the Rupee, Euro and/or the Pound Sterling as a currency option.
You should keep in mind the information mentioned in this guide and choose an online betting provider which best suits your needs. On a concluding note, bet responsibly and enjoy a superb online betting experience in India!