The Arnold Palmer Invitational is a PGA Tour professional golf tournament that takes place annually in March at the Bay Hill Club and Lodge in Orlando, Florida. It was founded in 1979 and is held at a private golf resort owned since 1974 by Arnold Palmer. Read on for the latest Arnold Palmer Invitational odds, tips and predictions, popular betting markets, and more!
- Tournament Structure for Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Best Betting Sites We Recommend for the Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Best Bookies for the Arnold Palmer Invitational – Top 5 Ranked
- Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting Markets
- History of Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for Arnold Palmer Invitational
The Arnold Palmer Invitational is a typical stroke play tournament in which the player that finishes their fourth round on Sunday with the lowest under-par score will win the championship.
Prior to the final day, which is always a Sunday, there will have been three rounds from Thursday onwards, one round per day. At the end of day two, on Friday evening, there will be a cut introduced, which will remove struggling players from the field and eliminate them from that year’s competition.
In the event of a tie, there will be a three-hole playoff that will be undertaken after close of play on Sunday. From 2017 onwards, the winner has received a red cardigan in honour of the deceased Arnold Palmer.
Play takes place at the Bay Hill Club, a private golf club located in Bay Hill, Orlando, Florida. The course used for the tournament has a yardage of 7,381 and is par-72. The course was originally designed by Dick Wilson and later re-designed by Arnold Palmer, after whom this invitational is named.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards or Apple Pay will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ | New UK players only | Min deposit req. £10 | Certain deposit methods excluded | Place 1 sport bet (3+ selections) | Excl Horse Racing | Min stake £10 | Max stake £20 | Min Odds 1/5 (1.5) for each selection | Max FreeBet £20 for football only | FreeBet valid for 7 days| FreeBet stake not returned | Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Bookies for the Arnold Palmer Invitational – Top 5 Ranked
#1 Paddy Power
Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
Arnold Palmer Invitational Outright Winner Odds
|Viktor Hovland||16/1||Paddy Power|
|Bryson De Chambeau||22/1||Coral|
|Jason Kokrak||40/1||Paddy Power|
Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
After a thrilling final round of the Honda Classic last weekend where Sepp Straka mounted a stunning comeback after trailing by five shots, (the first Austrian in PGA Tour history to win an event), the roadshow will stay in Florida for another iconic tournament – the Arnold Palmer Invitational. And once again, we will be treated to a star-studded field.
Following much speculation over his health, Bryson De Chambeau will take his place in the starting field, hoping his long-running injury issues are behind him. He is the defending champion at Bay Hill, and you can expect some monster striking from the tee from the American. Currently, he’s valued at around the 22/1 mark with most bookies, and he’s always an imposing figure at most tournaments. There is no doubting that Bay Hill – which plays at nearly 7,500 yards – is laden with danger, but if De Chambeau is feeling up to it, then he will certainly be a contender come the weekend.
Meanwhile, we are waiting for Jon Rahm to find his best form. We all know what he can produce, and while he had a T3 finish at the Farmers Insurance Open back in January, along with a runner-up placing at the Sentry Tournament of Champions, he hasn’t been in contention much this year. With The Masters on the horizon, the Spaniard would love to get back into the winner’s circle, and he is the short-priced favourite this week. However, a top-10 finish appears to be more likely.
That being said, we quite like the look of Rory McIlroy. The Ulsterman sat out the Honda Classic last week, and perhaps with the break, as well as hitting a few balls at the driving range and working out, he should be feeling quite refreshed. There’s no doubt he will be raring to go again. McIlroy needs the putter to be firing, and he can’t leave too many strokes out there. McIlroy will want to send a statement of intent at a big tournament, and if everything clicks together over the four rounds, then he could be crowned the champion. He’s trading just behind Rahm at the 10s mark, which seems like a fair price to get behind.
Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting Promotions 2022
5 Reasons to Bet on the Arnold Palmer Invitational
- The tourney carries a £9.3 million purse.
- £1.6 million of which goes to the winner alone.
- Which is why all of the best golfers will be there.
- It takes place at the world famous Bay Hill Club and Lodge in Orlando, Florida, USA.
- It provides a handy form guide for The Players.
Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Paddy Power
Popular Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting Markets
Golf is one of the most popular sports in the world for people to bet on. One of the main reasons for this is that each event, of which a new one starts weekly, sees huge fields of players competing against each other. This means that, more often than not, there's good value betting available for even the shortest-priced favourite.
Let's look at some of the many ways you can bet on golf and utilise our Arnold Palmer Invitational golf tips.
Best Arnold Palmer Invitational betting site for Outright Winner: BetVictor
Moreover, when you consider that many online bookies pay extra finishing places as a bonus, you might be talking about your player needing to make the top eight or something similar to save your funds. This is especially welcome, given that most fields typically go off with around 140 players. Some bookmakers will offer 1/4 of the odds for a place, while other betting sites may offer 1/5 but for more places.
Best Arnold Palmer Invitational betting site for each-way betting: bet365
Not to be confused with the market where you back a winner to come from a particular nation, this bet requires you to nominate the highest-placing player from a particular country. These could include top-scoring Englishman, highest-finishing Frenchman, or top Australian.
Best Arnold Palmer Invitational betting site for Top Nationality: 888sport
Moreover, it always remains a possibility, especially since players are continually sharpening their precision skills as they acquire more state-of-the-art equipment.
Best Arnold Palmer Invitational betting site for hole-in-one betting: William Hill
History of Arnold Palmer Invitational
- As one of the most illustrious stops in the PGA Tour, the Arnold Palmer Invitational (formerly the Bay Hill Invitational) has enjoyed 20 years as one of Floridian golf’s premier events. Thanks to having Arnold Palmer’s name attached to it, and the respect it commands, it has allowed the tournament to grow into one of the most highly regarded outside of the majors.
- It was first staged in 1979, when it was brought in to replace the outgoing Florida Citrus Open. At the time, Bob Byman became the first-ever winner when he won in a shock victory by way of a playoff, before the following few years saw Dave Eichelberger reel off four titles in a row.
- As the event grew in stature, the PGA upgraded the tournament to elite invitational status in 1984, similar to the WGC St Jude Invitational. The competition took its new name in 2007, but has had a number of different monikers over its history. Hertz became the title sponsor in 1985 prior to Nestle taking over in 1989, the same year that Palmer himself redesigned all 18 greens of the course.
- By 2000, the event had crowned Tiger Woods for the first time as he claimed the first of his eight career wins here. Four years later, Mastercard became the presenting sponsor, and by 2011, we had our first European winner of the tournament, when Martin Laird from Scotland took home the title. To this day, he has been joined by only two other players from Europe after Francesco Molinari from Italy took the win in 2019, and Tyrell Hatton from England won in 2020.
- In 2021, the tournament took place as normal, but with a limited number of fans due to concerns surrounding the ongoing pandemic.
- The event has enjoyed a number of esteemed winners over the years, but none more so than Tiger Woods. The world-famous golf player has been crowned champion here an astonishing eight times, which remains a tournament record.
Recent Arnold Palmer Invitational Winners
|2018||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
|2015||Matt Every||United States|
|2014||Matt Every||United States|
|2013||Tiger Woods||United States|
Arnold Palmer Invitational Key Stats
- To date, Payne Stewart holds the record for the lowest aggregate score over 72 holes for the event, with a cumulative total of 264.
- Tiger Woods has won this event more than anyone else, with eight titles to his name.
- Woods also holds the biggest ever margin win, after he won by 11 strokes in 2003.
- That was also the year that Woods became the first golfer since Gene Sarazen at the 1930 Miami Open to win the same tournament in four consecutive years.
- In 2015, the USA’s Matt Every became the most recent player to record back-to-back victories here.
- 2021 saw the first American in six years to win the Arnold Palmer when Bryson DeChambeau was awarded the symbolic red cardigan.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the Arnold Palmer Invitational
Arnold Palmer Invitational Betting FAQs
The Arnold Palmer Invitational can be watched on Sky Sports, who have the UK broadcasting rights.
A classic, certainly. A major, no.
Some have, yes. But, generally speaking, the American players have tended to dominate over the years.
Although Orlando has consistently warm and sunny weather, March is as close as it comes to having a rainy season. So our advice would be to plan for rain during this month.
Yes, most recently in 2021, when Jordan Spieth aced the 2nd hole in the third round.
Yes, you can always bet on there being a hole-in-one.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
One of the biggest golfing occasions on the PGA Tour outside of the four majors (if not the biggest), the Arnold Palmer Invitational is a must for golf fans and bettors alike. Taking place in Orlando, Florida every March, all of the biggest names in the game flock to the Sunshine State to pay homage to the legend of Arnold, while aiming to win this magnificent tournament, its juicy prize pool, and, of course, the esteemed red cardigan that honours the man himself.
Who will win this latest edition? Make sure to keep up-to-date with the latest news by bookmarking this page to get the most recent Arnold Palmer Invitational 2022 odds and predictions. And, if you're still uncertain about who to bet with, check out our list of the best golf betting sites out there!