The Daily Million is a daily drawn lottery that has proved to be very popular all around the world. Here, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the Irish Daily Million lottery, including how and where to play.
- Best Bookies for the Irish Daily Million Lottery – Top 5 Ranked
- What is the Daily Million Lottery?
- Best Betting Sites for the Irish Daily Millions Lottery
- Where Can I Find The Latest Irish Daily Million Results?
- Irish Daily Million: Which Numbers Get Picked The Most?
- Popular Bets for the Irish Daily Million Lottery
- Daily Million Promotions
- Useful Strategies for The Irish Daily Million
- Irish Daily Million Lottery Odds
- How Is the Irish Daily Million Lottery Draw Made?
- History of the Irish Daily Million Lottery
- Other Popular Lotteries to Bet on
- Irish Daily Million Lottery FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Best Bookies for the Irish Daily Million Lottery – Top 5 Ranked
#01 William Hill
#04 Paddy Power
*Follow the links to read the full review.
What is the Daily Million Lottery?
Taking place in Dublin two times a day, the Irish Daily Million Main Draw and Plus Draw offers punters four opportunities to win big per day. This draw differs from the National Irish Lotto, offering fixed prizes (with the exception of a possible share of the jackpot) and no rollovers. To win, all players need to do is match an agreed amount of numbers in each draw they participate in. There are also plenty of alternative ways to bet on Irish Daily Million lottery draws, which we'll look at in the following section.
How to Bet on the Irish Daily Million
Betting on the Irish Daily Million is a very easy and straightforward process:
- Log in to your favourite online Irish Daily Million bookmaker.
- Head over to the Irish Daily Million page.
- Pick the numbers you want and how many numbers you want. If you’re undecided, go for a randomised Lucky Dip.
- Select the draw or draws that you wish to bet on by marking the relevant box.
- Choose the amount you wish to bet - keep in mind that bookmaker minimum limits may apply. 50 pence or £1 would be a typical minimum. This is of course only relevant to online options, such as Ladbrokes Daily Million.
- Place your bets by hitting the 'bet now' button.
- If you win, your account will be topped up automatically.
When Is the Daily Million Held?
As the name suggests, the Irish daily mil is held each and every day, including weekends. Every afternoon (2pm) and evening (9pm) there is a Main Draw, which is the first draw. This is followed by a second set, which is referred to as the Plus Draw. All bets must be placed by 1.45pm and 8.45pm.
Irish Daily Million Rules
Now we know when you can expect the Irish Daily Million to take place, we think it’s probably a good time to go through some key Daily Million rules you’ll want to keep in mind.
- In all four draws, six numbers are drawn as well as a bonus ball. The balls are numbered one through thirty-nine (1-39).
- Keep in mind that, if you bought a ticket, that is your only legitimate means of claiming your prize. If you lose your ticket, your Daily Million prize could be forfeited. Which, let’s be honest, would probably put a bit of a wrinkle in your day.
- If your ticket is marked in the area where the six winning numbers lie, then the ticket may be viewed as invalid due to improper tampering. Betting online can eliminate this and the previous issue.
- You must buy your ticket before the Irish Daily Million actually starts. It will also not be available immediately before the numbers are drawn. As you can see from the above timeline, “immediately before” is defined as 15 minutes before the draw.
- There is no rollover in the Irish Daily Million draw.
- Many operators will give you the option to choose the number of balls you wish to bet on. The more you choose, the bigger your potential prize. This is what you can expect from the likes of Ladbrokes Daily Million betting, to give one popular example.
- You must bet from a jurisdiction approved by your chosen betting site, who in turn have a licence relevant to that location.
- When betting online, all other general terms and conditions apply. To give a couple of examples, this includes the enforcement of existing restrictions on accounts and rules against multiple accounts.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New Customer Offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £10. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Where Can I Find The Latest Irish Daily Million Results?
Today’s Daily Million results – as well as those of past Irish Daily Million draws – can be found through the following sources:
To make things a little bit easier, click the live Daily Million results feed below to view the latest Irish Daily Million results, as well as those of the Irish Lotto.
The Daily Million results should appear quickly no matter what option you choose, with the latter being optimal if you want to find out the Daily Million results as immediately as possible. Do note too that if you have bet online, you may want to stick with your bookmaker for the draw, as they will make your results more immediately and comprehensively clear. Plus, you can get to withdrawing your winnings right away.
Irish Daily Million: Which Numbers Get Picked The Most?
While the numbers drawn on the Irish Daily Million are legitimately random, some have been drawn more than others.
At the time of writing, the number 22 has been drawn 933 times. This makes number 22 the most commonly drawn number in the history of the Irish Daily Million thus far.
Runners up include number 17, which has been picked 912 times, and number 35, which has been picked 897 times.
The lowest number in terms of numbers of times picked in the Daily Million is the number 21, which has been drawn only 807 times. These statistics are correct according to all Irish daily mil draws that have taken place since the inception of the lottery.
These statistics cover the results relevant across all bookmakers, from the Ladbrokes daily million to the William Hill Irish daily mil results.
Do note however that the Daily Million results are random, meaning these results don’t necessarily mean anything for future draws. That said, it’s something to think about if you’re not sure about which numbers to go for.
Stats for the latest Irish Daily Million results can be found here.
Popular Bets for the Irish Daily Million Lottery
In terms of the actual number of bets you can make, this is a lottery, so the options remain very simple.
Your basic, traditional play (the kind people buying tickets in store would participate in) is one line per draw, with each line costing a single euro. You can, of course, also make this bet as many times as you want.
Another option is advance play, where you can play up to seven draws in advance, although this is more about convenience than an entirely different way to play.
Online bookmakers typically give you the whole possible range of options to predict and bet regarding the number of balls selected and stake amounts. This is significantly different to traditional play, as you can often win large amounts without needing to win the jackpot.
On top of that, you could choose to play Daily Million Plus, where you get an extra chance to win for merely 50 cents in traditional play. An absolute bargain.
And that’s not the only way in which the Irish Daily Million can be considered a bargain. For a mere euro entry, you get 1 in 28 odds of winning some kind of prize in the traditional jackpot game (1 in 14 odds for Daily Million plus).
You can enjoy even smaller odds if you choose fewer balls with your bookmaker. Like the UK’s own National Lottery, you can win smaller prizes for a smaller number of matches playing the Daily Million traditionally. However, the rewards for less matches are larger when specifically chosen using a bookmaker. For instance, you could win up to £400 for matching 3 numbers with a £1 stake on Betfred.
- To learn more about the differences between the Irish daily mil and other forms of the lottery, be sure to check out our in depth lotto betting guide for a more general look at this form of gambling.
Considering the number of draws, the low costs and the excellent rewards, we think it is fair to say that the Irish Daily Million can stand up to any lottery in terms of sheer quality and value, whether it be the Betfred Nifty Fifty or the Ladbrokes 49’s,
Daily Million Promotions
When you think of promotions, the Irish Daily Million might not be the first thing that comes to mind. If you head on over to a physical shop and buy a ticket, no promotions will be available to you.
This is not the case when betting on the Irish daily mil online, where you can enjoy as many offers as the bookmaker sees fit to provide.
And for many operators, like the ones you can find listed on our table above, they are pretty common.
There are things like prize draws available for anyone who enters the lottery (typically subject to a minimum bet amount), free bets, crossover promotions (for instance, they may offer free spins or free play on similar games) and refunds if you miss by a single match.
Those are just some typical examples.
To put it plainly, there’s plenty of real-world extra value to be found at the best Irish Daily Million bookmakers, sp you should absolutely check out their promotional pages.
Useful Strategies for The Irish Daily Million
Some may think that there is no strategy to be had when it comes to any kind of lottery, but that is not the case.
No doubt, at the end of the day, this is a betting market based on luck rather than more skill-based bets like you’ll find at the best poker betting sites, or even when compared to our sports-related strategies which are based on individual logic and reasoning. However, there are certain things you can take into account to give yourself the best chances possible.
- 01If you’re betting big, choose less popular numbersIf you are going for the jackpot, keep in mind that your ultimate win may be shared among others. Now, this may not happen, and you may get to keep all the money should no one else win. To improve your chances of this occurring, you should choose less popular numbers. It is good to avoid obvious patterns - for example, lots of people choose “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6” in lotteries. So many, in fact, that if you were actually successful with those picks, then you would likely find your jackpot heavily diluted. Another tip is to pick numbers above 31. Often people choose birthdays for their lucky numbers, meaning the lower numbers are typically more popular.
- 02Bet on fewer selectionsThe only sure-fire way of improving your odds when it comes to Irish Daily Million betting is to go for fewer selections. Now, we understand that for many, the appeal of betting on the lottery is the possibility of scoring big winnings with a small stake. And if that is what you enjoy (and betting should always be about staying in control and having fun) then go for it! But if we are talking about strategy? All lottery jackpots have enormously long odds. It is how they work, it is the reality of landing that big a payout for that small a stake. It also means that betting on fewer selections online is the best way of improving your chances of winning in real, calculable terms.
- 03Take advantage of the promotionsThis one is really very simple. We talked before about how the best promotions can add real value to your Daily Million bets. So, if they are there, and the terms and conditions are fair and work for you, use them - simple as that.
- 04Utilise the dipRemove all considerations in terms of your number picks with a lucky dip, which provides you with a random selection of numbers for the Daily Million lottery. This provides a fuss-free, pure betting experience that is all about enjoying yourself and going along for the ride. It might not improve your chances necessarily, but it can improve how much fun you have.
- 05Utilise multiple betsJust to be clear, system bets do come with their own risks, and you should never listen to any strategy which attempts to suggest otherwise. With that said, they can provide some really interesting strategic approaches to the Irish daily mil, well worth the consideration of the strategic punter. Keep reading to find out more about specific multiple system to utilise on the Daily Million.
Irish Daily Million Lottery Odds
The jackpot odds for the Irish Daily Million are calculated at 3,262,623 to one. However, shorter odds are available if you use online bookmakers and choose fewer selections, as your odds decrease the fewer balls you bet on. See below for all the available odds.
Irish Daily Million Lottery Singles Betting
bet365, Betfred, BoyleSports, Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power and William Hill all offer Irish Daily Million Lottery draws. If you so wish, you can bet on a solitary number being drawn from the pot. The odds for this are 5/1, but obviously, the more numbers you bet on, the greater the odds will be. With the Ladbrokes Daily Million, or wherever else you choose to play, you can bet on a line of between one and five balls to be drawn, but you do need all of the balls to appear in order to win. Payouts are calculated according to the table above.
Irish Daily Million Lottery Multiples Betting
For those that would like to, betting on accumulators and system bets are also an option when Daily Million betting.
- Lucky 15 bets are what are known as system bets, or full cover bets, that include four selections. These four selections are grouped together as follows: 4 Singles, 6 Doubles, 4 Trebles and a four fold. You win if one of the numbers is drawn.
- The Lucky 31 is the same type of bet as above, but with one extra selection. The 31 bets in the wager can be broken down as follows: 5 Singles, 10 Doubles, 10 Trebles, 5 4-fold accumulators and a 5-fold accumulator. If just one number is drawn, you win part of the bet.
- A Patent bet is based on three selections making an appearance, and makes up 7 bets. These are 3 Singles, 3 Doubles and 1 Treble. If one number is drawn, you instantly win.
- With a Trixie bet, three numbers are selected, making four bets that include 3 Doubles and 1 Treble. The draw of two numbers will lead to a win.
- A Canadian bet makes up 26 bets out of 5 numbers. A Canadian can be broken down thusly: 10 Doubles, 10 Trebles, 5 4-fold accumulators and a 5-fold accumulator. You win the bet if two of the numbers are drawn.
- A Yankee bet is like a Lucky 15, but without the singles. You choose 4 numbers that make up 11 bets: 6 Doubles, 4 Trebles and a 4-fold. Two or more numbers drawn means your bet wins.
Best betting site for Irish Daily Million Lottery Multiples betting: Paddy Power
How Is the Irish Daily Million Lottery Draw Made?
The Irish Daily Million Lotto takes place on each of the seven days of the week. Moreover, there are two draw sessions held each day. To add on to this, each draw session contains two Irish Daily Million draws, meaning there are four draws held each day. The first two of these are held at 2pm, with the final two going off at 9 pm, giving lotto bettors four chances a day to grab themselves a payout by betting on the Daily Million results.
As for the draw itself, players need to pick from a range of 1-39 balls. This is a smaller amount than other draws, which increases your chances of actually winning.
History of the Irish Daily Million Lottery
The Daily Million draw was first held on the 11th of September 2012, replacing the Monday Million and All Or Nothing, using the same structure as the latter.
Combining the two, with one being a daily draw and the other a €1 million jackpot, the new game would provide the same wins, but daily. As of April 2016, the draw has been held twice a day, seven days a week, including weekends and bank holidays.
Biggest Payouts of the Irish Daily Million
The Irish Daily Million results offer a fixed jackpot of €1,000,000 (with €500,000 being the maximum you can win from Irish Daily Million Plus), differing from other lottery draws in that it does not offer rollover prizes.
That being said, when you’re betting on the Irish Daily Million draw from within the UK, the jackpot odds, are significantly smaller, being officially calculated at 3,262,623. For the sake of comparison, the odds of the National Lottery in Ireland are calculated at 1 in 10,737,573. This means that even though much larger jackpots can be one of the national lotteries – the largest win for the Irish National Lottery being €19 million at the time of writing – we still view the Daily Million to provide exceptional, arguably unbeatable value, considering the difference in odds.
Other Popular Lotteries to Bet on
Most online bookmakers cover some form of lottery betting, but but won’t necessarily accept bets on the Irish Daily Million. Other draws that are available include:
Irish Daily Million Lottery FAQs
We would recommend William Hill, Ladbrokes and Betfred as the best sites for betting on the Irish Daily Million lottery draw.
You can watch the draw live online through the official YouTube live stream, as well as on Facebook live. Alternatively, most participating betting sites will publish the draw results instantaneously.
The Daily Million Lottery draws take place twice daily at 2pm and 9pm GMT.
Yes – you just need to find a bookmaker that accepts bets on the draw, and you’re good to go.
Anyone over the age of 18 can play the Irish Daily Million at their preferred online bookmaker in the United Kingdom.
The Irish Daily Million lotto draw is held twice daily at 2pm and 9pm, with two draws taking place each session. That’s four draws a day!
Results for the Irish Daily Million lotto draw can be found online, through social media or at the bookmaker that you placed your bets with.
If you were to bet on the Daily Million in the traditional way, then the standard cost is a euro per line bet. However, if you choose to bet online you can wager, within the limits of the bookmaker, for as much or as little as you want.
Absolutely. When betting on the Daily Million online you can choose how many balls in the draw you wish to predict. This, alongside control over your stake, means that you get maximum control when betting online.
Yes, there are often many promotions you can utilise on this and other lotteries. However, this is only the case when betting online from quality online betting sites.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Taking place twice daily, the Irish Daily Million lottery is a very popular way to bet on a lottery draw that awards big prizes. The first draw of the Irish Daily Million takes place at 14:00, and the second draw is held in Dublin, Ireland at 21:00, UK time.
For anyone that wants to bet on the outcome of the draw, all they need to do is select a UK bookmaker that accepts bets on the Irish Daily Million and decide how many balls they wish to bet on. It really is as easy as that, and because it goes off 28 times a week, there are plenty of chances to win. This should go some way to explaining its tremendous popularity.