Held every two years as an alternative to the Ryder Cup, the Presidents Cup is a biennial men’s golf event played in teams, with the United States pit against a team referred to as the Internationals. In this guide, we list the best betting sites and tips for the Presidents Cup, as well as our top tips and predictions.
- Tournament Structure for the Presidents Cup
- Best Betting Sites We Recommend for the Presidents Cup
- Best Presidents Cup Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
- Presidents Cup Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Presidents Cup
- Betting Sites With Presidents Cup Livestreaming
- Popular Presidents Cup Golf Betting Markets
- History of the Presidents Cup
- Similar Tournaments To the Presidents Cup
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Presidents Cup FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the Presidents Cup
The Presidents Cup follows the same format and schedule as the Ryder Cup.
Before the tournament, two captains are elected from the United States and the International side. These captains then choose 12 players, who are either automatically qualified from PGA Tour or wildcard selections from the skipper himself. Usually, it is a clean split with six apiece.
The players compete in matchplay golf, where the player or team with the lowest score on the hole wins a point. The game continues until one side cannot halve the game – for example, a nine-point lead would see the match end after the 10th hole.
- The tournament begins with five four-ball matches on the first day, with each captain selecting five pairs of players to compete.
- The second day of the competition follows the same pattern as the first, although with five foursomes matches rather than four-balls.
- The third day features both fourballs and foursomes matches. In the morning, four pairs from each side will participate in four-ball games, and four pairs will play in the afternoon in foursomes.
Once these are completed, the schedule for the final day is for 12 rounds of singles matches. There are 30 points to play for in the tournament, with the winning side requiring 15.5 points to win outright. The holders will retain the trophy with a tie.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards or Apple Pay will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Valid for new UK & Irish customers. Only customers registering and playing via mobile are eligible for this offer. Min qualifying deposit £25. Min odds apply for free bets. 2 day expiry for free bets. Full T&Cs apply.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £10 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days, no cashout. Get 3x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. Plus 100 Free Spins. 100 Free Spins have no wagering. Bonuses and Spins expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Please Gamble Responsibly. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Presidents Cup Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
Presidents Cup Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
The 2022 Presidents Cup will take place over four days at the Quail Hollow Club in North Carolina, starting on 22nd September and ending on 25th September.
The Presidents Cup only has a possibility of three results, but we have done our best to find the best value for money on these outcomes for the event. Here are the best odds for the golf Presidents Cup competition for the result market.
Futures markets will appear on the best golf betting sites when the final list of players is confirmed for both teams and when the pairings are announced by both captains.
Presidents Cup Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
The 2022 Presidents Cup takes place in a strange time for the sport of golf. There is currently discourse between two factions of players that have opted to leave the PGA Tour to join the breakaway LIV Golf Series. Those who have defected to the LIV Golf Series have been forbidden from competing in the Presidents Cup.
This has affected both teams ahead of the start of the tournament. The United States are missing Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, and Bryson DeChambeau from their ranks. Meanwhile, the International team will be without world-number-two Cameron Smith, Louis Oosthuizen, and Joaquin Niemann, who was a key player in 2019.
The two teams will still be stacked with talent, but the odds certainly favour the United States.
- Scottie Scheffler is the top player on the billing for the US, with the world number one arriving at the Quail Hollow Club after an incredible season. Scheffler won his first major at The Masters after winning two crowns on the PGA Tour, where he was a model of consistency. He will be a formidable opponent for the International side.
- Justin Thomas won his second major in 2022 at the US Open. He is another dangerous player that relishes the atmosphere of a team competition. Patrick Cantlay, Xander Schauffele, Sam Burns and Tony Finau also qualified in the top six players, handing captain Davis Love III a team that has form and experience of winning teams events. Love has further bolstered his ranks with Jordan Spieth, Collin Morikawa and Cameron Young.
- With all the talent on display, it would be very surprising indeed if the USA did not win by a comfortable margin, especially on home soil.
- The International team do have some good players assembled, though, including 2021 Masters winner Hideki Matsuyama. The latter is an outstanding player, but he will bear a huge responsibility to play in every match for his team given the absences elsewhere. Adam Scott will also be present in the ranks, offering valuable experience. Im Sung-jae put forward a fine performance as a rookie in 2019, taking 3.5 points out of a possible five.
- Captain Trevor Immelmann will be relying heavily on those players, as three out of the six that have automatically qualified are rookies. It could be a tough battle for those players against the quality of the American lineup.
Presidents Cup Betting Promotions 2022
The best golf betting sites have regular promotions for both new and existing customers. Here are the top two available.
- Paddy Power – Paddy Power provide a £20 risk-free bet for signing up to their site. If you deposit and place a losing bet of £20 on any of their markets, you will receive the money back as cash rather than bet credits.
- William Hill – This highly renowned bookie offers a compelling bet £10 get £30 bonus for new customers, credited as two £15 free bets.
5 Reasons to Bet on the Presidents Cup
- Tense duels between players from the US and other countries
- Plenty of excitement and drama
- Unique perspective for golf as a team sport
- Three days of solid golfing action
- Great value to be found on the underdogs
Betting Sites With Presidents Cup Livestreaming
- Paddy Power
- William Hill
Popular Presidents Cup Golf Betting Markets
The Presidents Cup has a number of golf betting markets available that are based around the result of the tournament and the players that are competing on the course. We've listed the best and most popular below.
With this market, you can bet on the outright result of the Presidents Cup. You have three options: Team USA, Team International, or draw. The US are always the favourites, meaning you will not usually find top value on their odds.
While betting on The International is therefore a bit riskier, the potential rewards are greater. However, to be on the safe side, consider placing a small stake if you do back the latter team.
Here, you bet on the player who you think will achieve the top score over the course of the Presidents Cup. The good thing about this market is that can be any player from either team. You can find value on this market as unheralded players can cause a stir by having a great three days, and the top player does not necessarily have to be win from the winning team.
For example, in the 2019 tournament, Abraham Ancer and Im Sung-jae both finished with 3.5 points. Look at the form of players and their scheduled matches before placing a bet, and avoid players who might not be overly active over the three days of the tournament.
You will be able to bet on over/under markets regarding points accumulated by teams or players over the course of the tournament. All you have to do is select whether the correct value will be over or under.
Four-ball Matches and Foursomes
Four-balls and foursomes make up the majority of the Presidents Cup, with the options available being to back either team to win or to halve the point available. You will have the opportunity to bet on the individual matches as sessions.
The winning team does not necessarily have to win every match and session, however. Look at the matchups individually and the session to see if you can find value on backing a particular pairing.
The singles matches round off the Presidents Cup, where all 12 players have to face off against an opponent. You can back either player to win or a tie.
Study the schedule to find matches that might provide value for your bets, as some top players do struggle with the matchplay format compared to strokeplay. These minute factors can make a big difference to your wager on the Presidents Trophy.
Accumulator betting allows you to stack together result bets on the fourballs, foursomes, and singles matches to boost the odds of your wager. It does come with a greater risk, but the reward is greater than that of a single bet. The ability to place accas is one of the great aspects of golf Presidents Trophy betting compared to strokeplay tournaments.
You can find all the information you need to know about placing an accumulator bet here.
History of the Presidents Cup
The history of the Presidents Cup dates back to 1994, with the first tournament being staged at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Club in Virginia. Over the intermitting 28 years, the world's best players, excluding Europeans, have come together to contest their talents for team and country while donating appearance fees to charity and competing for the Presidents Trophy.
The host nation switches between the United States and a different international country every two years, with Canada, South Africa, Australia, and South Korea having all staged the event in the past.
The USA have traditionally been massively dominant, winning all but two of the previous events – and even one of those was a tie. The International team have won only one event, which was back in 1998, the third iteration of the Presidents Cup.
Recent Presidents Cup Winners
|2000||USA||15.5 – 14.5|
Presidents Cup Key Stats
- The United States have won 11 of the 13 Presidents Cup competitions.
- Phil Mickelson is the most successful player in Presidents Cup history, winning a total of 32.5 points.
- Tiger Woods has won the most singles matches (7).
- Ryo Ishikawa is the youngest player to have competed in the Presidents Cup, aged 18 years and 21 days.
- Jay Haas is the oldest player to have competed at the age of 49 years and 353 days.
- The Robert Trent Jones Golf Club in West Virginia has staged the event more than any other venue (4).
- Jack Nicklaus has been named captain more than any other man, leading the US on four occasions.
Similar Tournaments To the Presidents Cup
- 22–24 September 2023, The Solheim Cup: 12 female players from both the United States and Europe compete in three days of action for the Solheim Cup. The 2023 tournament will be held in Spain.
- 29 September – 1 October 2023, The Ryder Cup: 12 male players from both the United States and Europe face off over three days of intense action for The Ryder Cup. In 2023, the event will be staged at the Marco Simone Club, Rome.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Presidents Cup FAQs
The Presidents Cup is a golf tournament that is contested by the United States and an International side.
The two sides are comprised of 12 players each, along with a non-playing captain and assistants.
The Golf Presidents Cup features three different types of golf match. The event is comprised of fourballs, foursomes, and singles matches that take place over four days.
There are a total of 30 points available to win, so just over half – 15.5 – is required to claim the trophy.
The 2022 Presidents Cup will take place between 22nd and 25th September at the Quail Hollow Club, North Carolina.
There are several betting markets available for Presidents Cup betting such as Outright Winner, over/unders, and accumulator bets.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The Presidents Cup golf tournament has been a fairly one-sided affair in its history due to the dominance of the USA over the International team. However, there is always plenty of intrigue due to the quality of players competing. There are a number of betting markets available for Presidents Cup wagering, offering you the chance to get in on the action.