The Memorial Tournament is an annual, invitation-only golf tournament on the PGA Tour that takes place in Dublin, Ohio. In this Memorial betting guide, we'll list all the top betting sites for this event, as well as the latest odds, predictions and tips!
- Tournament Structure for the Memorial Tournament
- Best Betting Sites for the Memorial Tournament
- Best Bookies for the Memorial Tournament – Top 5 Ranked
- Memorial Tournament Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Memorial Tournament
- Memorial Tournament Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular Memorial Tournament Betting Markets
- History of the Memorial Tournament
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the Memorial
- Memorial Tournament Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the Memorial Tournament
- The Memorial Tournament is one of 5 invitational tournaments on the PGA Tour, which means it has a smaller field of 120 players. Invitationals are not required to fill their fields using the PGA Tour Priority Ranking System. This way, the organisers can effectively choose through a unique criterion who will take part in their tournament. Whereas most PGA events will start with a field of 156, invitationals have smaller fields of between 120 and 132. The other four tournaments with invitational status are the Arnold Palmer Invitational, the RBC Heritage, the Charles Schwab Challenge and the Genesis Open.
- The tournament runs from Thursday through Sunday, with 18 holes played each day. The field is cut after two days, where those doing poorly are dismissed and those doing well continue on to the final two days of play. At the end of the Sunday, the golfer with the lowest under-par score is crowned winner, unless the tourney ends in a tie. In this case, a three-hole play-off ensues in order to break the deadlock.
- As well as prize money of £1.675 million, the winner of the Memorial has, since 2014, received a three-year exemption instead of two years as part of his reward. This extra year is one greater than regular PGA events and the same amount as the World Golf Championships, the Tour Championship and the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10or more bets to receive £20in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days. To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days. Wagering requirements vary by game. Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Bookies for the Memorial Tournament – Top 5 Ranked
#1 Paddy Power
#3 William Hill
Memorial Tournament Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
Memorial Tournament Betting Odds 2023
The latest odds for the 2023 edition of the tournament will be added here closer to the starting date.
Memorial Tournament Betting Tips & Predictions 2023
Our expert tips and predictions will be published here once the commencement of the event draws closer.
Memorial Tournament Betting Promotions 2023
5 Reasons to Bet on the Memorial Tournament
- The Memorial is one of only five invitational tournaments on the PGA Tour.
- The legendary Jack Nicklaus designed the course here.
- The prize pool is worth more than £9 million.
- It provides good pointers for the US Open, next up on the PGA Tour.
- A lot of the world’s finest golfers will be playing.
Memorial Tournament Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- William Hill
Do you prefer betting on football? Visit our KickForm page now to get the latest match stats, predictions, odds and tips on all the top European football leagues. It's free to use and uses a data-driven Football Formula to increase accuracy and reliability!
Popular Memorial Tournament Betting Markets
Golf is one of the truly great betting sports, and the Memorial Tournament is no different. With its huge fields and structure of play, a vast number of different bet types are generated for lucky punters such as yourself to take advantage of. Below, we have listed and explained some of the most popular betting markets for golf, and more specifically, the Memorial Tournament.
Best Memorial Tournament betting site for outrights: Coral
Best Memorial Tournament betting site for three-ball betting: Betfred
Best Memorial Tournament betting site for First Round Leader: BoyleSports
Best Memorial Tournament betting site for Make or Miss the Cut: FansBet
History of the Memorial Tournament
- Dublin (not the Irish capital, but a suburb of Columbus, Ohio) plays home to the Memorial Tournament, an annual PGA Tour event held at the Muirfield Village Golf Club. It was here that, in 1967, golf legend Jack Nicklaus began to purchase land with the intention of opening a golf course. For various financial and weather-based reasons, the course was not ready for use until in 1972, when it was christened the Muirfield Village Golf Club.
- By May 1976, the first-ever PGA Tour event was staged at the course and named the Memorial Tournament, the reason being that each event honours a different golfer based on the career contributions that they made to the game of golf. Originally only honouring the men, as of 2002, the tournament began to honour both a male and a female golfer each year. In 2020, the tournament was played without fans in attendance due to concerns surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic.
Recent Memorial Tournament Winners
|2022||Billy Horschel||United States|
|2021||Patrick Cantlay||United States|
|2019||Patrick Cantlay||United States|
|2018||Bryson DeChambeau||United States|
|2017||Jason Dufner||United States|
|2016||William McGirt||United States|
|2013||Matt Kuchar||United States|
|2012||Tiger Woods||United States|
The Memorial Tournament Key Stats
- With five wins, Tiger Woods has won this event more than any other golfer.
- At 22 years, Hideki Matsuyama became the youngest ever winner at the Memorial Tournament in 2014.
- In contrast, Kenny Perry was 47 when he won the event in 2008, making him the oldest ever winner.
- In 2001, the first of a record three consecutive wins for Tiger Woods, Woods won by 7: a tournament record winning margin.
- The most recent multi time winner is Patrick Cantlay, who won his second event in 2021.
- Woods won by seven strokes in 2001, which is a tournament record.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the Memorial
- 23rd – 26th June 2022, Travelers Championship: Played at the River Highlands each June, this summertime PGA event is one of the tour’s most popular.
- 14th – 17th July 2022, The Open Championship: Another of golf’s four majors, this one is the only to take place outside the USA.
- 15th – 18th June 2023, US Open: This is one of golf’s four majors and takes place one week after the Memorial.
Memorial Tournament Betting FAQs
As the holder of PGA broadcasting rights in the UK, Sky Sports usually televises the Memorial Tournament live from Ohio.
The Memorial Tournament takes place each year in late May, early June.
The Memorial Tournament takes place annually at the Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Columbus, Ohio.
The course par here is 72.
The purse money at this event is $9.3 million.
Yes, you can bet on there being a hole-in-one during this tourney, but even our Memorial golf tournament betting tips cannot count on this actually happening!
ThePuntersPage Final Say
As an invitational, the Memorial Tournament has a slightly smaller field than other events due to qualifying criteria, which in many ways makes things even more fun. Over the years, this PGA event has developed into one of the most well-regarded and eagerly anticipated on the tour, making for some exciting betting opportunities!