The QBE Shootout will see 24 players head to the Tiburon Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples, Florida, for a unique team-style PGA Tour event. This tournament will be held between December 7th and 11th.
- Tournament Structure for QBE Shootout
- QBE Shootout Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons To Bet on QBE ShootOut
- Betting Sites With QBE ShootOut Livestreaming
- Popular QBE Shootout Betting Markets
- History of QBE ShootOut
- Similar Tournaments to QBE Shootout
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- QBE Shootout Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for QBE Shootout
The QBE Shootout format is different compared to most standard PGA Tour events. It will take place over three days, from Friday to Sunday.
The first round is a scramble, where every player hits a drive on every hole, and the best drive is selected. From there, the best second shot is selected and the process repeats itself until the hole is completed.
Meanwhile, the second round consists of modified alternate shots, where every player hits a drive on every hole and one is selected. Alternate shots will be carried out until the ball is holed.
The final round is a four-ball, so all four balls are in play. The player with the lowest score on each hole will be the team score for that hole.
Prize Money at QBE Shootout
The QBE Shootout prize purse stands at $3.8million, with the winners receiving a cheque for $895,000, and this is split in half, so $447,500 each.
Best Betting Sites for QBE Shootout Betting
18+ New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
QBE Shootout Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
The QBE Shootout will celebrate its 22nd year at Tiburon Golf Club in Florida, and will be held between December 7th and 11th.
QBE Shootout Betting Winning Team Odds 2022
QBE Shootout Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
The QBE Shootout returns this week for the 22nd year at Tibourn Golf Club, Florida, and it should make for compelling viewing. For the first time in its 34-year history, the competition will feature two LPGA golfers — Nelly Korda and Lexi Thompson. However, Harris English and Matt Kuchar will garner a lot of attention as the eight-time champions, and they are the most successful pairing. With two runner-up finishes to their name in 2014 and 2015, the duo, who romped to a nine-stroke victory in 2020, could come up trumps once again. There is a great chemistry between the pair, and while they are 13/2 with most leading bookmakers, they could be in the winner’s circle come Sunday.
Intriguingly, Jason Day and Billy Horschel are trading as the favourites at 9/2 with most bookies, but this will be the first time the pair will partner up. However, both have pedigree in this event — Day combined with Cameron Tringale to win the Shootout in 2014, while Horschel has chalked up six top-five finishes, so they are no slouches. Day has at times struggled with his driving, and the first hole is a daunting par-five that plays at 573 yards. If he can keep it together, then they could push Kuchar and English hard, but a top-five finish may well beckon.
Or if you are looking for value elsewhere, then you may wish to take a closer look at Steve Stricker and Cameron Young. It is a fascinating blend of youth and experience as 55-year-old Stricker will tee it up at the QBE Shootout for the 13th time, while 25-year-old Young will be making his debut. Young is solid from tee to green, and he was the runner-up on three occasions this year, including the Open Championship. Stricker, meanwhile, posted four wins on the PGA Tour Champions, so they could catch fire. However, despite being 11/1, they could well fall just short this weekend.
QBE Shootout Betting Promotions 2022
- BoyleSports is quick out of the blocks to offer new customers a deal that consists of a Bet £10 Get £10 in free credits + £10 Casino Bonus.
- Ladbrokes, meanwhile, also has a rather tasty bonus that comes in the form of a free £20 bet offer. But remember, free bets are only valid for 7 days at this site.
- On the other hand, the Paddy Power bookmaker rewards new customers with a Bet £20 and get it back if it loses offer.
5 Reasons To Bet on QBE ShootOut
- The QBE Shootout format is different compared to most PGA Tour events as it is a team competition.
- For the 2022 edition, two players from the LPGA Tour — Nelly Korda and Lexi Thompson — will participate in the tournament.
- The 24 players taking part have amassed 74 career PGA Tour wins and 18 LPGA titles.
- Nearly half the field will be making their QBE Shooutout debut.
- Unlike other PGA Tour events, this tournament is contested over 54 holes as opposed to the customary 72.
Betting Sites With QBE ShootOut Livestreaming
Popular QBE Shootout Betting Markets
Many of the best golf betting sites will be well stocked with pre-tournament lines as well as markets for bettors to enjoy when the action gets underway.
While the QBE Shootout may not generate as much interest as traditional PGA Tour tournaments, such as the Genesis Invitational (which are arguably more prestigious), bettors shouldn’t struggle to find markets for the QBE Shootout.
To help you, we have pinpointed some of the key betting markets to look out for while wagering on the QBE Shootout.
Outright Tournament Winner Betting
This is the bread and butter of any given golf betting site, and you are simply required to predict who will end up in the winner’s circle after the final round. In the case of the QBE Shootout, you have to guess who will be the winning pair. This will take into account factors such as recent form, how they have fared at the event in the past, and scoring averages.
Indeed, the QB Shootout odds for the winner may be guided by a player’s season stats, especially when it comes to driving and putting – more specifically, putts made inside 10 feet or so, especially if the greens are quicker than usual. The odds will usually be posted at least three days ahead of the first round and it is a great entry point for novice golf bettors.
Most Birdies in a Round
Teams will shoot up the QBE Shootout leaderboard if their putter is hot, and they reel off a string of birdies. There should be several decent birdie opportunities on the front and back nine for players at the tournament, and some sites will boast prop odds for a player to rack up the most birdies in any given round, whether it be round 1 or round 3.
This section usually provides good value for money, especially as a relatively unheralded team might blast through and make an early impression in the first round, taking the rest of the field by surprise in the process.
A Hole in One
Despite being one of the few team style tournaments on the PGA Tour, the QBE Shootout is bound to throw up plenty of excitement. One such section that can attract bettors is a Hole in One.
Although players hit longer and you will find more eagles and birdies during a round, a Hole in One is usually quite rare. However, that won’t stop betting sites offering odds for a player to make an ace during their round, and the prices can be competitive.
Top 10 Finish
With tournaments like the QBE Shootout, predicting a winner can sometimes be akin to picking a needle in a haystack. Although there will be a predominantly American feel to the QBE Shootout, you may wish to bet on who will finish in the Top 10.
By betting on this market, you give yourself a little more margin for error, and you can usually locate some attractive prices in this market.
While the winner market is available for all PGA Tour tournaments, including the Sony Open, you can be a bit more canny and predict which team will be wire-to-wire winners. This means they will assume the lead in round one and hold onto it come the end of round three.
Once again, this is a market that provides plenty of intrigue, and it is worth leaning more towards golfers who are good frontrunners.
History of QBE ShootOut
The QBE Shootout sees some of the world’s best golfers pit it against each other in a team-style tournament.
Traditionally, the QBE Shootout was an off-season competition, but it has now been incorporated into the PGA Tour regular season calendar, and the 34th edition of the tournament will be staged at Tibourn Golf Club in Naples, Florida.
And for the first time in the history of the competition, the tournament has extended its invitation to two top female players on the LPGA Tour: World No.4 Nelly Korda and World No.7 Lexi Thompson.
Recent QBE Shootout Winners
|2021||Jason Kokrak & Kevin Na||American|
|2020||Harris English & Matt Kuchar||American|
|2019||Rory Sabbatini & Kevin Tway||South African/American|
|2018||Patton Kizzire & Brian Harman||American|
|2017||Sean O’Hair & Steve Stricker||American|
|2016||Harris English & Matt Kuchar||American|
|2015||Jason Dufner & Brandt Snedeker||American|
|2014||Jason Day & Cameron Tringale||Australian/American|
|2013||Harris English & Matt Kuchar||American|
|2012||Sean O’Hair & Kenny Perry||American|
QBE Shootout Key Stats
- Harris English and Matt Kuchar recorded the biggest margin of victory (nine strokes) when they won the QBE ShootOut in 2020.
- English and Norman have also claimed the most team victories (three) and these were the years they won the title: 2013, 2016, and 2020.
- Greg Norman has made the most appearances at the QBE Shootout (24).
- There have only been four playoffs in the history of the QBE Shootout.
Similar Tournaments to QBE Shootout
- 20th-23rd April 2023, Zurich Classic: Staged annually, the Zurich Classic is a team style event hosted by TPC Louisiana, and it comes a few weeks after The Masters. Xander Schauffele and Patrick Cantlay are the reigning champions.
- 4th-7th May 2023, Wells Fargo Championship: Quail Hollow takes centre stage here, and it carries a prize purse of $20million as it is one of the most prestigious tournaments on the PGA Tour.
- 8th-11th June 2023, RBC Canadian Open: This tournament comes a week before the US Open and it gives players a chance to fine-tune preparations ahead of the third Major of the campaign. Rory McIlroy is the defending champion.
- 27th-30th July 2023, 3M Open: TPC Twin Cities is the scene for this PGA Tour tournament which comes a week after The Open, the final Major of the season.
- 16th to 19th November 2023, DP World Tour Championship: Taking place at the Jumeirah Golf Estate in Dubai, this brings a thrilling climax to the DP World Tour as the winner will pick up the biggest prize in European golf, worth $2.2million.
Upcoming Sporting Events
QBE Shootout Betting FAQs
The Tiburon Golf Club in Naples, Florida has the privilege of hosting the QBE Shootout.
American duo Jason Kokrak and Kevin Na are the QBE Shootout’s defending champions.
UK viewers will be able to catch all three rounds of the QBE Shootout via Sky Sports’ dedicated golf channel.
Unfortunately, no odds available at the moment. However, once they are released, we will share our expert views with you .
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The QBE Shootout is a tournament that has surged in popularity, and that is in part down to the team dimension of it. With two LPGA Tour players joining this year, it will help raise the profile of golf even more.
Don’t forget to check out our recommended betting sites to find all the latest odds ahead of the QBE Shootout!