The BMW PGA Championship is a men's professional golf tournament held by the DP World Tour each year at the Wentworth Club in Surrey, England. As betting on this event has become very popular, we've prepared a guide below on what you can expect, as well as the latest BMW PGA odds and tips.
- Tournament Structure for the BMW PGA Championship
- Best Betting Sites for BMW PGA Championship
- Best Bookies for BMW PGA Championship – Top 5 Ranked
- BMW PGA Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the BMW PGA Championship
- Betting Sites with BMW PGA Championship Live Streaming
- Popular BMW PGA Championship Betting Markets
- History of the BMW PGA Championship
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments To the BMW PGA Championship
- BMW PGA Championship Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the BMW PGA Championship
The event is played on the par-72 West Course at the Wentworth Club in the English county of Surrey, which actually hosted the precursor to the Ryder Cup in 1926. It has also been the venue for many more famous championships, with the course itself originally designed by Harry Colt in the early 1920s.
The BMW PGA Championship is a four-day, stroke play event, which is the most common scoring system. Here, players' scores are directly related to the amount of strokes they have taken over the tournament – the fewer amount of strokes taken, the better.
In this particular tournament, there is an enforced cut after two days' play. It begins on a Thursday and concludes on the Sunday, when the player with the highest below-par score will be crowned the champion. The latter will receive automatic entry into that year’s US Open, as well as a three-year exemption for the Open Championship.
In the event of a tie, a three-hole playoff will ensue in order to find a winner.
Points awarded in the PGA Championship will go toward the Race to Dubai leaderboard. This competition lasts throughout the entire European Tour season and is a league table for players who have won points based on their performance over the season. The top 60 players qualify for the climax of this event, which is the DP World Tour Championship.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+ ROI Customers only. Deposit & Bet min £5 as first bet at minimum odds 1/2 to qualify for 1x £20 Free Bet. Certain deposit methods and bet types excluded. Free bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Bookies for BMW PGA Championship – Top 5 Ranked
#1 Paddy Power
BMW PGA Championship Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The BMW PGA Championship 2022 gets underway on Thursday, September 8th and comes to an end on Sunday, September 11th.
BMW PGA Championship Betting Odds 2022
|Jon Rahm||8/1||William Hill|
|Viktor Hovland||22/1||Paddy Power|
|Patrick Reed||40/1||William Hill|
|Sergio Garcia||50/1||William Hill|
BMW PGA Championship Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
Some of the biggest names in the world of golf head to Wentworth in Surrey, England this week hoping to claim a massive victory and bag some last-minute Rolex Series points on European soil. Stellar names include recent FedEx Cup winner Rory McIlroy who leads the betting this week, along with former world number one Jon Rahm, England’s Matt Fitzpatrick, rising star Viktor Hovland and former Open Champion Shane Lowry. The tourney has even made space for some LIV Golf players – Patrick Reed, Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter – to take their place in the field.
- Our first pick is Matthew Fitzpatrick who returns to the UK as US Open champion. Playing back on home turf should suit him. Wentworth is a course where hitting the fairways is a big bonus and Fitzpatrick is one of the best drivers in the game. As a recent major winner, 20222 has so far proven to be the best year of Fitzpatrick’s career and the man from Sheffield has also managed to climb his way into the top ten of the Official World Golf Rankings.
He also has seven European Tour titles under his belt, the most recent being the Estrella Damn NA Andalucía Masters which came back in October last year. Banking more than $3 million this season, Fitzpatrick came home tied for 15th place last week at East Lake in the FedEx Cup final. As such, The 28 year old is available at a current best price of 12/1.
While Jon Rahm and Rory McIlroy are obvious threats, our each-way selection is former US Masters champion 30/1 shot Adam Scott. The Australian is another who has enjoyed a superb year on the PGA Tour. With 11 wins on the European Tour, and a further 14 on the PGA Tour, the 42 year old has 25 career titles to his name. The last of these was the Genesis Invitational back in 2020 where he won by two strokes.
2022 has seen a huge swing back into form, however, where he has banked top five finishes at the FedEx St. Jude Championship and the BMW Championship on the PGA Tour as well as finishing in 15th place in both the US Open and The Open Championship here in the UK. The Wentworth Golf Club suits his game so expect to see Scott’s name around the top of the leaderboard this week in Surrey.
BMW PGA Championship Betting Promotions 2022
- Another great way to get betting on the BMW PGA Championship is to take advantage of BetVictor’s bet £10 get £40 welcome offer which comes with 100 free spins as well.
- Alternatively, why not take a look at claiming up to £100 in free bets, an offer available at Betfair.
5 Reasons to Bet on the BMW PGA Championship
- The tournament takes place in picturesque Surrey.
- The Race to Dubai is heating up.
- It is one of the most anticipated events on the tour.
- Lots of the world’s top golfers will be there.
- This tourney comes with a $ 8 million prize pool.
Betting Sites with BMW PGA Championship Live Streaming
Popular BMW PGA Championship Betting Markets
Golf is one of the most popular of all the sports to bet on. There are a number of reasons for this, such as the size of the competing field which keeps the value high even on the favourites, as well as the sheer number of alternative bets that punters can place on the game. As for the BMW PGA Championship betting, there are a number of options – take a look at the following suggestions for some of the most popular bet types for this event.
Outright Winner Betting
There is nothing complicated about an outright winner bet. Here, you are simply placing a wager on the golfer that you think will win the event outright, and if they do, your bet gets paid as a winner. Another way to bet on player performance is to bet on who tops the leaderboard at the end of each day. In this scenario, it doesn’t matter where your pick finishes overall – just that they are in the lead at the end of your nominated day.
Like an outright bet but with added “runner-up insurance”, each-way bets work in two ways (with twice the stake), as half of your bet goes on your pick to win the event, and the other half depends on your pick sealing a finish among the places. How many places are paid depends on your bookmaker and whether or not they are running an extra place paid promotion. (Hint: they probably are, so be sure to check).
Two-ball betting works by bookmakers coupling up golfers for a round and you, the punter, betting on which of the two will perform better. Two- or even three-ball betting is a great market to bet on in the early rounds of the tournament, and works well in accumulators.
After two days' play at a stroke play event such as the BMW PGA Championship, a cut is enforced to trim the field of competitors in half. For players, it is critical that they make the cut and continue participating in the final two days of competition but sometimes form and luck goes against them, and they miss out. Whether or not certain players make the cut can be bet on at most online bookmakers.
History of the BMW PGA Championship
The BMW PGA Championship was founded in 1955 by the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA), and was originally called the British PGA Championship. For the first 30 years of its existence, the championship was rotated around several of the UK’s most prominent courses before settling down on the West Course at Wentworth Club in 1984.
The tournament has enjoyed a number of sponsors over the years, but from 2005 onwards has been under the BMW banner. The first ever winner was Ken Bousfield from England, who won at the Pannal Golf Club in the tournament’s inaugural year.
In 2020, the BMW PGA Championship, its 66th renewal, was originally supposed to be held 10–13 September. However, it was delayed by two months and was played from 8–11 October. For 2021, the Championship returned to its normal place in what is now known as the DP World Tour, with full crowds in attendance.
Recent BMW PGA Championship Winners
|2015||An Byeong-hun||South Korea|
|2014||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
BMW PGA Championship Key Stats
- In 2013, Italy’s Matteo Manassero became the youngest player to win the championship at 20 years of age.
- Sir Nick Faldo has won this event four times.
- Scottish pro golfer Colin Montgomerie is the only player to have won it three years in succession, scooping the title in 1998, 1999 and 2000.
- The only American to have claimed the title was Arnold Palmer, who took the title at Royal St George’s in 1975.
- In 1961, England’s Brian Bamford recorded a tournament record score of 266, which still stands today.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments To the BMW PGA Championship
- 22nd – 25th September 2022, Open De France: Staged annually each year in May, this is Europe′s oldest open event not to be held in the UK.
- 29th September - 2nd October 2022, Alfred Dunhill Links: Part of the European Tour, this event is part team, part solo player and is held in September each year and will take place at The Old Course at St Andrews.
- 15th - 18th September 2022, Italian Open: An event on the DP World Tour that takes place each September, normally in or around Rome.
- 10th - 21st May 2023, Dutch Open: Known as the KLM Open, this tournament is part of the European Tour and takes place annually in the Netherlands each September.
- 25th September - 1st October 2023, The Ryder Cup: Played biannually, this competition is contested by two teams representing Europe and the USA.
BMW PGA Championship Betting FAQs
Sky Sports is the place to watch all the action live from Wentworth.
The BMW PGA Championship is held each year in September.
The BMW PGA Championship takes place at the Wentworth Club in Surrey.
The course par for this tourney is 72.
The purse for this event is set at around $8,000,000.
The PGA Championship is a tournament on the PGA Tour which takes place annually in the United States, while the BMW PGA Championship is played in the United Kingdom each September as part of the DP World Tour.
Yes, you most certainly can.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The BMW PGA Championship was founded in 1955 by the Professional Golfers' Association. For years, the tournament was held in May, but as of 2019, it was switched to September. Because the PGA European Tour has its headquarters at the Wentworth Club, the BMW PGA Championship is often regarded as the flagship event of the European Tour.
The home of the PGA European Tour, Wentworth, which hosts the event each year, is one of Britain’s most instantly recognisable courses, and provides a wonderful setting for such a prestigious event. As such, strong fields head to Wentworth each year in order to compete for one of the European Tour’s most prestigious titles and one which golf fans and golf bettors alike truly love, thanks to the vast amount of PGA Championship betting markets that this thrilling contest generates each year without fail.