The 2022 edition of the 3M Open – a PGA Tour-run event – will be staged in TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, Minnesota. Other than the most picturesque courses on the Tour, you will also find plenty of 3M betting markets to fill your slips with! Read on to find out more about the 3M Open, its history, and available betting markets.
- Tournament Structure for 3M Open
- Best Betting Sites for 3M Betting
- 3M Open Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons To Bet on 3M Open
- Betting Sites With 3M Live Streaming
- Popular 3M Betting Markets
- History of 3M Open
- Similar Tournaments to 3M Open
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for 3M Open
With a total prize money of £6.3 million, the 3M Open follows the same format as any other given PGA Tour tournament, as the event will get underway with the first round on the Thursday.
On Friday, the cut line will be drawn, so around half the field will head home for the weekend. Sometimes, the cut score might be lower than anticipated if there has been a swathe of birdies throughout the day.
Typically, you can get tickets to the practice sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday, where usually, you will have to pay around £20 for a fan pass. Attendees buying a fan day pass, which will give you entry to one of the main tournament rounds, can expect to pay around £40 for the privilege.
Best Betting Sites for 3M Betting
18+ New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
3M Open Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
The 3M Open 2022 will take place at Twin Cities in Blaine, Minnesota, between the 21st and 24th July 2022. It is a relatively new tournament as this will be only the fourth edition of the event. Indeed, this is the first event in five decades where Minnesota has been a regular stopping point for the PGA Tour.
3M Betting Odds 2022
With the 3M Open not taking place until later, the odds have not been released yet. However, once the 3M Open odds are published, we will update this page accordingly with the latest 3M betting tips.
3M Open Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
We are still waiting for the 3M Open 2022 odds to be posted. As soon as they become available, we will be happy to share with you our 3M Open predictions.
3M Betting Promotions 2022
- Unibet has a very competitive welcome offer as it consists of a £40 Money Back offer. However, you must bet with minimum odds of 2/5 (1.40).
- Meanwhile, Betfred allows new players to capitalise on its free bets offer. Those who bet £10 will get £40 in bonuses in return. This offer must be used within 7 days of registration.
5 Reasons To Bet on 3M Open
- The 3M Open carries a total prize purse of £6.3 million.
- 500 FedEx Cup points will be awarded to the winner.
- Twin Cities is renowned for its innovative design, and is considered to be one of the best courses on the Tour.
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer was the mastermind behind the Twin Cities course.
- There are plenty of risk/reward holes, such as the sixth hole, which is a long par-5, making for compelling viewing.
Betting Sites With 3M Live Streaming
Popular 3M Betting Markets
The 3M Open will have an array of exciting betting lines before the tournament gets underway to tempt bettors to part with their hard-earned money.
Although some tournaments, such as the Northern Trust or BMW Championship, generate more interest as they are key components in the lucrative FedEx Cup playoffs, you can still find some juicy markets, including player specials for the 3M Open at the best golf betting sites.
- Outright Tournament Winner Betting
This is the backbone of all golf betting sites that are worth their salt. Here, you are just required to predict who will be crowned the champion come Sunday evening after the fourth and final round. The leading bookmakers will post odds three days in advance, and the 3M odds will take into account a variety of factors, such as past results in the tournament, as well as current form.
The 3M Open tips may also be influenced by key PGA Tour metrics, such as driving stats and accuracy with approach play. More often than not, there will be a few tough holes scattered around the course, which can see the best players come unstuck if they get themselves out of position.
- Top 5 or Top 10 Finish
At the best golf betting sites, you don’t necessarily have to plump money on the winner. You can find place markets, which can make your betting slip more enticing.
So, for example, in a field of 150 players, you can wager on a golfer to finish in the top 5 or top 10. Usually, you will have a little more margin for error, but you may find the odds available quite attractive.
- First Rounder Leader
This market can also provide good value for money. Sometimes, if a player gets on a roll, then they may produce a flurry of birdies. The 3M Open could well be a birdie-fest, so you can wager on a player to be red hot with the putter and shoot a low score to end up as the first round leader.
- Tournament Specials
While this is quite broad, many golf betting sites will run tournament-specific specials that can be worth a punt. For example, you can bet on whether there will be a hole in one during a round or whether a tournament will go into a playoff.
That wasn’t the case last year as Cameron Champ secured the 3M Open title by shooting a five-under-par round of -5 to finish two strokes ahead of South African duo Louis Oosthuizen and Charl Schwartzel.
- Betting on the Cut
By the end of the second round, half of the field will be cut by the tournament organisers, so those who remain for the weekend will have met the required score. For example, if the cut line is set at -1, then those that shoot -1 or better will stay on for the third and fourth rounds.
The 3M Open has some notoriously tricky holes, so some players could find themselves sailing close to the wind if they were to make a bogey or double bogey at the 10th hole. The cut line is available for all PGA Tour tournaments.
History of 3M Open
The 3M Open has become a regular part of the PGA Tour roadshow, although it has only been running since 2019. Matthew Wolff was the inaugural champion of the 3M Open, when he pipped Bryson DeChambeau and Collin Morikawa by one shot.
- The Twin Cities course was formally opened in 2000 and was designed by Arnold Palmer, along with consultation from Tom Lehmann, who was a former Open champion. Palmer made new ground by becoming the first individual in the modern era to be a player and course architect.
Minnesota has become a hub for golf, and the state is no stranger to hosting big events, having previously hosted the Ryder Cup in 2016, as well as the Women’s PGA Championship for the first time in 2019.
Recent 3M Open Winners
3M Open Key Stats
[colouredboxesNumbered template=”blue-background-numbered_square” list_text='Previously, the 3M Open was known as the 3M Championship, and the tournament has been running since 2019.;The 3M Open has become the PGA Tour’s first regular event staged in Minnesota in five decades.; 500 FedEx Cup points will be awarded to the winner.;Cameron Champ’s victory at the 3M Open last year helped him land his third PGA Tour title.;Champ also walked away with a cheque for £1 million after his 3M Open success.;Palmer, who designed the course, has a tournament named after him – the Arnold Palmer Invitational.;3M Open is a par-71 course totalling 7,431 yards.; The 3M Open has a total prize fund of £6.3 million.']
Similar Tournaments to 3M Open
- 4th – 7th August 2022, Wyndham Championship: This is the sixth-oldest PGA Tour event excluding the Majors, as it was founded in 1938. It is contested annually at the Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- 28th – 31st July 2022, Rocket Mortgage Classic: Replacing the Quicken Loans National, the Rocket Mortgage Classic forms a part of the PGA Tour ‘Mid-West’ swing and it is staged at the Detroit Golf Club in Michigan.
- 11th – 14th August 2022, WGC FedEx St Jude Invitational: Also known as the ‘St Jude Invitational’, this is one of four World Golf Championship events that takes place in Memphis, Tennessee.
- 23rd to 26th June 2022, Travelers Championship: 500 FedEx Cup points are handed out at this tournament, which is hosted by TPC River Highlands in Connecticut, USA. Xander Schauffele claimed the title in 2022 with a two-shot victory.
- 18-21st August 2022, BMW Championship: Marking the penultimate event of the coveted FedEx Cup playoffs, the BMW Championship only has a field of 70 players, and it is staged in Wilmington, Delaware.
Upcoming Sporting Events
3M Open Betting FAQs
Sky Sports will broadcast all four days of the 3M Open via their dedicated golf channel, which will be available for UK viewers.
Betting on the cut is quite a popular betting line. After the second round of the 3M Open, you will see that half the field is disposed of after tournament organisers set a score target, which players must match to stay around for the weekend.
Cameron Champ is the defending 3M Open champion after he won the event by two strokes to seal his third PGA Tour title.
Tee times for the 3M Open are typically posted a day before the first round. Here, you will be able to find out who the featured groups are, and you can track their progress via our recommended golf betting sites.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Although the 3M Open is a relatively new addition to the PGA Tour, Twin Cities is a picturesque course filled with plenty of birdie opportunities. For some of the players, it is a great chance to reset after the daunting links challenge faced at The Open.
If you are looking to find 3M Open odds in 2022, you will be able to locate the best in-play and pre-tournament betting lines at our recommended sites without too much trouble.