Important: Sky Bet offers are no longer available or not accessible from our site. Here are some of the other for you to enjoy!
All betting sites can go down from time to time, in this case you’re most likely here because you've found Sky Bet down. The quality or reliability of the site is not necessarily to blame when a site is down and out.
We’ve compiled a list of reasons why Sky Bet could be down, and what to do should you find yourself in this situation. Not only that, but we’ll also provide you with plenty of alternatives, so you never miss out on any of your favourite betting markets.
Best Alternative Bookies to Sky Bet – Top 10 Ranked
#01 William Hill
#05 Paddy Power
Reasons Sky Bet Might Be Down
You may be wondering, considering the reputation of the operator, how we end up in a situation where Sky Bet is down. Well, there are many possibilities, some of which are simply beyond the control of any betting operator, and pretty much any kind of website you can think of.
The massive internet outage in in June 2021 that brought down several huge websites, including Amazon and Reddit, serves as an example of how practically no site is completely immune to such issues.
Here, we break down the number of possibilities into 10 reasons you might find Sky Bet down: 5 of which would result in a partial shutdown, and 5 which would cause a complete website shutdown. Although this doesn't include every single possibility, it should cover the overwhelming majority of situations resulting in Sky Bet down.
Why is Sky Bet Down: 5 Reasons for a Complete Sky Bet Down Scenario
- Technical issues: There are many technical issues that could result in a complete Sky Bet down scenario. Truthfully, a comprehensive list here would essentially include an entire manual’s worth of potential issues. But we’re here to give you some insight on what it means when a provider states they are down due to ‘technical issues’.The most common examples of technical issues causing a site to be down include the following:– Security breach forcing shutdown– Plugin issues– Programming and code issues– Software issues– Internal hardware issuesYou may never actually find out what the specific technical problem with a site is. It will likely simply be resolved internally and then Sky Bet will start working again, all a mystery to you.
- Problems with your personal internet connection or computer: The first thing to come to mind when Sky Bet is down is that it is their fault. However, that might not be the case. Instead, it could turn out to be something on your end, and this isn’t to be discounted.Many people do not realise when their computer is slow, or their connection is weak. This can mean that random sites experience slowdown or won’t load at all, and this may lead to an incorrect assumption that the betting operator is the problem, when in fact it just so happened that it is the site which first showed the symptoms of the connection or computer issue.In addition, you could also have issues related to you specifically if your account has been restricted.
- Security breaches: If there is a security breach, this could cause a technical issue which shuts the site down entirely. However, it could also be shut down voluntary by the site to maintain safety while the issues are resolved. It’s worth pointing out, though, that Sky Bet really does have about as good security as you could possibly hope for, meaning the likelihood of a serious security breach is a small one.
- Maintenance and updates: A far more common reason to find Sky Bet down is because they are doing some maintenance or even updating the site to include a new design or features. All websites need some maintenance every now and again, and this is just a necessary pain to get you the best betting experience possible. Prolonged maintenance will likely be announced by Sky Bet, but smaller changes may not be.
- Overwhelming traffic: Sky Bet is one of the most popular betting sites in the world, so they are pretty used to having plenty of people on their site at any given time. There’s a chance that a huge amount of traffic – say for an unexpectedly popular betting event – could cause the site shutdown.
Why is Sky Bet Down: 5 Reasons The Site Could Be Partially Down
- Sky Bet app down: mobile specific crashes: It is important to note that although there are many things which could cause both a Sky Bet down response in both the browser and app, some may affect just one or the other. You could find the Sky Bet app down while the browser version seems totally fine.It is also important to note that there are two different apps, so you could just find the Sky Bet Android app not working, while the iOS version is fine. It could even be a network issue – perhaps the problem is Sky Bet not working on 4G, while being fine elsewhere.
- Technical difficulties: Just as issues with your computer or phone may only be noticeable on some websites, it could also only be an issue on certain pages. This is even more likely to cause a partial Sky Bet site down problem if you are doing something which may be more demanding of your computer or connection, such as enjoying some of the best live streaming the world has to offer.
- Cash out unavailability: Something that appears to cause confusion among many people is the place of the cash out feature in all of this – essentially, whether Sky Bet cash out not working is a site issue. We know that the cash out is among the favourite promotions. However, no betting site we know of offers it in every single sporting market, although it may seem that way on the best cash out betting sites. Sky Bet cash out not working may not be an issue with the site at all, but rather their choice not to offer it on that particular market.
- Regional unavailability: Unfortunately for our international readers, Sky Bet is currently only available to readers from the UK. This would lead to the site being restricted to those people, but it is not a general site shutdown.
- Removal of content: Sometimes, part of a site is not available because that is simply something they are not offering anymore. This is most likely applicable to a promotional page. We know it can be a great shame when your favourite promotion is no longer available. However, the great thing about this operator is that they offer an ever-changing variety of awesome bonus offers, so there might be something even better just around the corner.
What Should I Do When Sky Bet is Down?
The question here really depends on the reason you have found Sky Bet down. Unfortunately, it isn’t always easy to tell. However, the solutions available remain very simple. Here are a few quick examples of what you can do.
Example: Unknown issue – either partial or complete Sky Bet down scenario
Solution: Contact customer service
If you do not know what is going on, the best thing you can do to get quick answers is contact customer service. If you can get to the support page, contacting them through the query section here might be your best bet. If not, their phone number is 0330 024 4777 and their email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We can confirm that in our experience, their customer service is excellent. There is also additional support through social media, with Twitter being an effective method of contact.
Example: You suspect technical issues on your end
Solution: Clear cache/cookies, update browser, reconnect to internet, close tabs or seek outside help for serious computer issues
Is Sky Bet down, or is it just an issue on your end? If you think the problem might be due to your computer or internet access, the solution must lie with solving that issue. You could try reconnecting to the internet and if the issue with your system is minor, closing down unused tabs may be of help. If the problems are more serious, you may require outside technical assistance as that goes beyond simply finding Sky Bet down.
You could also clear your cache and cookies and update your browser. In the case of mobile issues, you could see if it’s just the Sky Bet Android app not working, and if your phone needs updates. You could also try a different connection, as there have been reports of Sky Bet not working on 4G specifically.
Example: You’re unable to access your account
Solution: Check for messages/contact customer service
If the problem appears to be specific to you and the site otherwise appears to be running fine, it may be that you’ve had your account restricted. You should have been notified about this so check the contact details you’ve given and contact customer service if there’s still confusion.
Example: You don’t have time to wait for a solution
Solution: Look elsewhere
Whether there’s a game you’re excited for coming up or customer service simply can’t help you with an estimated timeframe, there’s one simple way of making sure you never miss out, and that’s having an alternative account elsewhere.
What Happens if I Find Sky Bet Down While a Bet Is In-Play?
Customer services explained that if the bet is confirmed before the site goes out, it will count as normal. If it’s not confirmed before the site goes down – as in, you have put it in your bet slip but it isn't confirmed – then you can assume it hasn’t been accepted.
Why You Should Consider Checking Out Other Bookmakers
If you don’t want to wait, there’s simply no reason you should have to. There is no rule against signing up to multiple betting sites.
Other key benefits, alongside simply never having to miss out on a betting market, are so plentiful we have had to dedicate an entire article to the benefits of multiple betting accounts. Some examples include access to more amazing promotions, alongside the different markets and experiences the best bookmakers in the UK can provide. You also have a better selection of odds to choose from.
Best Alternative Bookies to Sky Bet
18+. New customers using Promo code R30 only. Min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 3x £10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment methods/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. Full T&Cs apply. . Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK+ ROI Customers only. Deposit & Bet min £5 as first bet at minimum odds 1/2 to qualify for 1x £20 Free Bet. Certain deposit methods and bet types excluded. Free bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
A Closer Look at Sky Bet Alternatives
Why exactly did we pick our magnificent 10 as being ideal replacements for a behemoth like Sky Bet? To help you find which of our picks could be ideal for you should you find yourself in a pinch with Sky Bet not working, we’ve given a reason for each.
As mentioned, keep in mind that you can sign up to as many bookmakers as you like. You could find bet365 down just as easily as Sky Bet, meaning the more the merrier. There are also plenty more great betting sites out there you can use as a replacement should you struggle to find one here that’s perfect for you.
- William Hill – One of the cool things about Sky Bet is its sheer scale, and for that, William Hill is a perfect replacement.
- Betfair – For the ability to not just enjoy a sportsbook that can rival the mighty Sky Bet, but also one that gives you the option to bet against other gamblers directly through their world-class betting exchange, Betfair is a wonderful choice.
- bet365 – It can be tough to think of a site that can challenge the sheer variety you miss out on when you find Sky Bet down, and as an all-rounder, none are better than the mighty bet365.
- Betway – Sky Bet are known for very competitive odds, and in that regard, Betway are one of the absolute best. No betting site can boast to always have the best odds, but Betway can provide consistently high-quality odds.
- Paddy Power – If you are looking forward to live streaming your favourite events and you find Sky Bet down, getting a replacement with the same capabilities can be tough. Paddy Power will likely have what you are after.
- BetVictor – We love the customer support at Sky Bet, and we love the customer support at BetVictor. If that is a key consideration, check them out.
- Unibet – One thing Sky Bet lacks is an international audience, so if you are shut out due to your location, the fact that Unibet is available in 100 countries makes them an ideal alternative.
- 888sport – The Sky Bet mobile app is one of the most beloved by critics and customers we have seen, and it is well worthy of that praise. 888sport is amazing on mobile, one of the best betting apps out there, and a worthy replacement.
- Ladbrokes – One of Sky Bet’s greatest assets is its ease of use, and Ladbrokes has similarly managed to balance an epic selection of betting markets with usability.
- Coral – We love Sky Bet promotions. From the Sky Bet Club to the ever-changing cast of bonus option through the Sky Bet promo codes, there is so much to enjoy. Similarly, Coral has a great variety of high-quality promotions suitable for casual players.
Sky Bet Down FAQs
When we say Sky Bet down, this means that a customer is unable to access the site as usual, either wholly or partially.
There’s a huge number of reasons you may find Sky Bet down. These include technical problems, maintenance, account restrictions, site crashes, internet connection problems, browser issues and many more. If you haven’t already, read our detailed look at the possibilities above.
If Sky Bet only appears to be down on mobile, you can either log into the browser version, or contact customer service.
It is possible the issue is not with the site but your account, you should be able to find out if this is the case through customer service.
Pretty much any betting site can work as an alternate to Sky Bet but we think some do a better job than others. Check out our top table for our 10 picks for Sky Bet down alternatives.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Finding Sky Bet down is ultimately only as big of a problem as you allow it to be. There’s a myriad of reasons why it could happen, but your solutions, as you’ve read, remain simple.
Ultimately, having multiple accounts means no matter the reason or how long it takes for Sky Bet to be up and running again, you never have to miss out. Plus, there are plenty of other benefits to using more than one bookmaker, and no site can penalize you for utilizing a competitor. Take advantage of that big betting buffet, as there are tonnes of other deliciously excellent options to be enjoyed.