The US Masters tournament is one of the four major professional golf championships held throughout the calendar year, taking place in the first week of April each season. In this article, we'll go through the best promotions for this event, along with the latest odds and the top tips and predictions to give you better insights on what is to come!
- Tournament Structure for the US Masters
- Best Betting Sites We Recommend for the 2022 Masters
- Best US Masters Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
- US Masters Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the US Masters
- Betting Sites with US Masters Livestreaming
- Popular US Masters Betting Markets
- History of the Masters
- Similar Tournaments To the US Masters
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- US Masters Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the US Masters
- The Masters is the first golfing major championship of the year and is a stroke play event. Traditionally taking place over the first week of April, the final round is held on the second Sunday of the month. The tournament consists of four rounds at 18 holes each, with a round being played each day from Thursday through Sunday.
- After the second round has finished on the Friday, the smallest golf major field of the year is reduced after a cut-off score is calculated, thereby trimming the field for the final two rounds on the Saturday and Sunday. Should fourth and final round on Sunday fail to produce a winner, all players tied for the lead are required to take part in a sudden-death playoff. Play begins on the 18th hole and is followed by the nearby 10th, repeating until a winner has been determined.
- Since 1949, the winners of the Masters have all joined an exclusive club and have been awarded the famous Green Jacket. It is one of the most iconic awards in sport and the most prestigious prize in golf. The Masters was first played as the August National Invitational back in 1934, and 15 years later, in 1949, the club decided to begin awarding tournament winners the same Green Jacket that was, by then, the established symbol of the club. The first jacket was awarded to the 1949 winner Sam Snead, after which it was retroactively given out to all of the former winners since 1934.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best US Masters Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
#1 Paddy Power
#4 William Hill
US Masters Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
The US Masters golf tournament 2022 will be held at its usual venue – the world-famous Augusta Country Club in Georgia, USA – from Thursday the 7th of April through to Sunday 10th of April. This is the second year in a row this illustrious tournament is taking place in its normal slot in the PGA calendar following the disruption caused by the pandemic in 2020, where the tournament took place in November, just five months before the 2021 renewal.
US Masters Betting Odds
|Rory McIlroy||14/1||William Hill|
|Brooks Koepka||16/1||Paddy Power|
US Masters Betting Tips & Predictions
- The Masters kicks off the Majors for the season, and it is always earmarked in the calendar by staunch golf fans. There is something magical about Augusta, and it will be fascinating to see who dons the Green Jacket this time around.
- A good place to start is with the mercurial Spaniard Jon Rahm. Although he has at times struggled to show his best golf in 2022, Rahm is the defending US Open champion, and he will surely be looking to add another Major to his collection. Currently, he is trading as the short-priced favourite at around the 10/1 mark with most bookmakers, meaning that the only thing you question with Rahm is whether he can keep his emotions in check. Augusta is a demanding course laden with danger, but he has all the attributes to be a serious contender come the weekend, and possibly even win the tournament itself.
- Meanwhile, Jordan Spieth has been tweaking his game ahead of The Masters, including making some swing changes. Spieth is no stranger to success at The Masters, having won the event in 2015, but he has also faced adversity over the past few years in terms of results, with the road back a long one. Spieth – who is currently priced at around the 14/1 mark – would be a popular winner for the Augusta patrons, and he has the tactical nous to have a strong week and perhaps a top-10 finish.
- Alternatively, you may like the look of Cameron Smith. The 28-year-old Aussie recently claimed the biggest win of his career when he lifted the Players Championship, which is widely regarded as the fifth unofficial Major. He has already had two wins under his belt in 2022, and while he has a strong field to contend with, Smith looks assured with the putter. He will need it to be red-hot with it if he is going to be in the mix come the weekend, and he is currently valued at 14/1, so it would be foolish to write him off.
- Elsewhere, there will be many willing for Rory McIlroy to find success. He has often been hyped up by the media and fans alike over the years, but he has usually come up short. The Ulsterman suffered an unfortunate meltdown in 2011, when he was four strokes ahead going into the final round. He will be desperate to complete the Career Slam, as the Masters is the only Major that has continued to elude him. McIlroy is available at 14/1 with most bookmakers, and while he has had some decent finishes over the years, he may have to wait another year to have a tilt at the Masters.
US Masters Betting Promotions
- £100 in free bets sounds like a good way to make wagers on the US Masters, and that’s just what Betfair are offering new customers who sign up to their platform.
- Similarly, bet365 are giving away £50 in free bets, perfect for US Masters golf betting.
5 Reasons to Bet on the US Masters
- It is one of four annual golf majors.
- Not only that, it is the most prestigious of them all.
- That makes it the biggest event in golf.
- All of the world’s top players will be there.
- The Augusta National is famously tough to conquer.
Betting Sites with US Masters Livestreaming
- Paddy Power
- William Hill
Popular US Masters Betting Markets
Golf is not only a great sport, but also one of the best sports to bet on, with its huge fields, long-priced favourites, external impacting factors and the sheer number of unexpected twists that occur. Nowhere is this truer than at the Augusta National for the Masters Tournament, part of the PGA Tour. Below, we've outlined the best betting markets available for this event.
Outright Winner for the US Masters
This is a nice and simple bet that is as straightforward as it gets: a one-stake wager on the player that you believe will win the Masters Tournament. Unless you are betting each-way, then your player must win the event in question for your bet to be successful. Anything less, and the bookmaker will keep your stake.
Best US Masters betting site for outright betting: 888sport
US Masters Winner’s Nationality
With a winner’s nationality bet, the important thing to remember is that you are not selecting the best performing player from any one nominated nation. Instead, you are picking the winning player’s nationality. So, if in 2017 you selected the winning nationality as Spanish, then congratulations on your winning bet, because this was the year that Sergio Garcia finally delivered the goods in a major tourney.
Remember though that historically, this event has been won more often than not by American players. To that end, many bookmakers provide a market such as Americans V the field, where you can place a bet on anyone other than an a player from the US to win, which removes the nationality detail from the wager.
Best US Masters betting site for Winner's Nationality: BoyleSports
To Make the Cut
After the first 72 holes, which accounts for two days of play, a cut line is drawn up which will divide those who will be eliminated and those who will continue on two the final two days’ play.
This field thinning technique is called the cut, and is designed to slim down the competitors. Happily, you are able to bet on who makes the cut in each tourney. Bear in mind, however, that the Masters tournament consists of the smallest golf major field of them all, so, naturally, fewer players make the cut.
Best US Masters betting site for Making the Cut: Betiton
The three-ball market in golf betting is a type of bet that is typically offered during the first and second rounds of a four-round tournament. The idea behind this wager is that you select the player in a three-player group that will perform the best out of the trio and post the lowest score for the round. In order for the bet to stand, all three players must complete the stated 18-hole round.
Best US Masters betting site for three-ball betting: LV BET
History of the Masters
The land where Augusta now sits was originally the Fruitland Nurseries, and was purchased in 1931 by amateur golfer Bobby Jones and investment banker Clifford Roberts. Jones, who won the 1930 Grand Slam, worked with Dr Alister Mackenzie to design the new course, and together they opened for business in December 1932.
By 1934, the inaugural tournament was held, at the time known as The Augusta National Invitation Tournament, and was won by Horton Smith. It was named the Masters Tournament in 1939, and ten years later, the famous Green Jacket was introduced for the winners. By 1952, the Champions Dinner was introduced for the first time, hosted by Ben Hogan on the Tuesday before the tournament. To this day, this dinner is still held on the Tuesday before the Thursday that the Masters gets underway.
Recent US Masters Winners
|2020||Dustin Johnson||United States|
|2019||Tiger Woods||United States|
|2018||Patrick Reed||United States|
|2015||Jordan Spieth||United States|
|2014||Bubba Watson||United States|
|2012||Bubba Watson||United States|
Masters Key Stats
- Sam Snead was awarded the first Green Jacket in 1949.
- Jack Nicklaus has won the Masters more than anyone else, having won the event six times.
- Nicklaus is also the oldest winner of the Masters after he won the event for a 6th time at 46 years old.
- At 21 years old, Tiger Woods is the youngest ever winner of the Masters.
- In the same year, Woods achieved the lowest score at the Masters, 270, as well as the widest margin of victory ever seen here, winning by 12 strokes.
- Gary Player, from South Africa, became the first non-American winner of the tournament in 1961.
Similar Tournaments To the US Masters
- May 19th – 22nd 2022, PGA Championship: The second major of the year following a move in the calendar, this event has no fixed venue.
- June 16th – 19th 2022, The U.S. Open: The United States Open Championship is a summer highlight for golf fans and bettors alike and is held each June.
- July 14th – 17th 2022, The Open Championship: Britain’s major, held at numerous venues throughout the United Kingdom, most famously St Andrews.
Upcoming Sporting Events
US Masters Betting FAQs
The US Masters will be broadcast live in the UK on Sky Sports.
The course par is 72, and covers over 7,475 yards.
In April, the southern state of Georgia averages a daily maximum temperature of around 77 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes – 33 in all, including England’s Tommy Fleetwood in 2021, which was one of two in 2021.
Yes, you can, and the prices for such a bet will go live the week leading up to the tournament.
This will vary from bookie to bookie, as many will offer extra places as an incentive to bet with them.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
We hope that everything mentioned in this guide – from the top betting sites we have listed to our tips and predictions – has been helpful.