First established in 1972, the prestigious Scottish Open is one of five tournaments that form part of the Rolex Series and takes part in Scotland at the Renaissance Club in North Berwick. Running from Thursday to Sunday, and with a total of 300-acre course overlooking the picturesque Firth of Forth, you won’t want to miss the excitement that Genesis Scottish Open betting brings.
- Tournament Structure for the Genesis Scottish Open
- Best Betting Sites for Genesis Scottish Open Betting
- Genesis Scottish Open Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Genesis Scottish Open
- Betting Sites with Genesis Scottish Open Live Streaming
- Popular Genesis Scottish Open Betting Markets
- History of the Genesis Scottish Open
- Similar Tournaments to the Genesis Scottish Open
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the Genesis Scottish Open
The Genesis Scottish Open takes place over the course of four days with 156 players teeing off at the beginning of July. The 36-hole cut takes place on Thursday, filtering out the top 65 players, who will qualify for the final two rounds.
The world-class Renaissance Club course was created by the renowned course designer, Tom Doak, retaining the original undulating features with plenty of penal rough that makes it a satisfying challenge. With the back tees stretching out at over 7,300 yards, and with a variety of tees measuring from 7,300 to 5500 yards, it allows all types of players a chance to experience the teeing grounds.
You’ll find a number of spectacular long par 4s with a good mix of varied par 3s and 5s. Being situated so close to the North Sea, there is often considerable wind to take into account. In fact, in spite of taking place in July, the long-term weather forecast points to conditions being both wet and windy.
In 2019, the Renaissance attracted over 66,000 spectators, which represented the highest gate figures since the tour started moving to different venues in 2011. At the time of writing, there have been over 1.3 million applications for general admission tickets.
Unfortunately, the world of professional golf is presently embroiled in a dispute with rebel players who have signed up with the Saudi-backed LIV Series. As a result, the PGA Tour has issued bans on Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson and Bryson DeChambeau, meaning that they’re unable to take part in the Genesis Scottish Open. Sanctions are also expected to follow from the DP World Tour.
Following on from the Irish Open, the Scottish tournament gives players the last chance for the top three non-exempt golfers to qualify and practice for the 150th Open, which will be held at the Old Course at St Andrew's in Scotland a week later.
- The total prize fund for this year's event is $80 million, with $1.4 million going to the champion and $888,880 of Scottish Open prize money going to the runner-up. The tour itself is co-sanctioned by the PGA Tour and the DP World Tour as part of their strategic alliance. With players from both camps taking part, the results will count towards the FedEx Cup, Race to Dubai order of merit, and the DP World Tour Rankings.
Best Betting Sites for Genesis Scottish Open Betting
18+. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Genesis Scottish Open Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
At the time of writing, the dates for the 2023 Genesis Scottish Open are 6th – 9th July, again taking place at the Renaissance Club in North Berwick. We will add more information here when it is available.
Scottish Open Betting Odds 2023
Check back here for the latest odds for the 2023 Genesis Scottish Open as the commencement of the tournament draws closer.
Scottish Open Betting Tips & Predictions 2023
Our expert tips and predictions will be added here closer to the start date of the event.
Genesis Scottish Open Betting Promotions 2023
- Betfair are offering €30 in free bets for all new customers who make a minimum €10 wager on the Scottish Open.
- On the other hand, bet365 has an offer in a similar format, with a £10 bet bagging you £50 in free bets.
5 Reasons to Bet on the Genesis Scottish Open
- 156 world-class players from both Tours make for some great pair-ups.
- The modern links course has multiple challenges thanks to pothole bunkers and undulations.
- Changeable weather conditions can have a drastic effect on the gameplay.
- Numerous long tees of over 500 yards and into the wind favour the big hitters.
- The tournament takes place a week before the Open Championship, giving punters a form guide.
Betting Sites with Genesis Scottish Open Live Streaming
- Paddy Power
Popular Genesis Scottish Open Betting Markets
Though golf might be considered by some to be a pedestrian sport, there are a huge number of betting markets available to golf bettors across an equally large number of online bookmakers. Make sure you check the best golfing betting sites here. We’ve also included some of the most popular betting markets below so you can enjoy all the excitement at the Genesis Scottish Open.
- Outright Tournament Winner
The simplest and most straightforward bet is on the player you expect to win on Sunday afternoon. With so many of the world’s top players taking part, you might want to split or double your stake to cover the top performers, as opposed to focusing on a single winner. Though it’s a simple bet, all sportsbooks will offer great prices going forward.
- Hole-in-One Betting
Just as it says in the title, a hole-in-one is where the ball goes straight into the hole from the tee. It’s a rare shot, with appropriately high odds. Nevertheless, you can bet on this without having to name a player, making for a fun side bet.
- First Round Leader Betting
Here you're betting on whoever’s at the top of the leaderboard once the first day is over, so your wager only applies to Thursday’s gameplay. Once the day is over, if your pick is number one, then you get to take home some winnings.
- Top Nationality Betting
With players of the same nationality competing, it’s possible to bet who will outperform their fellow countrymen. This isn’t the same as nominating a winner from a particular nation. Rather, you’re choosing the highest-placed player from a particular country.
- Golf Match Bets
For this market you'll be pitting two players against each other, either over a particular round or over the tournament as a whole, to see who has the lowest score. You can look upon this as betting on mini-battles as opposed to the whole competition.
- Top 10, Top 20 Finish Betting
Simply put, you’re betting on which players finish in the top places. This could be the top 5, top 10 or top 20. These bets are easier to win as you’re not trying to guess a single tournament winner. For example, it’s enough if you believe Justin Rose will finish in the top 5 or top 10.
- Betting on The Cut
The “cut” refers to the elimination of the lower half of the field after the first two days of competition. It’s a means of reducing the number of challengers going forwards who’ll play over the weekend. You’re betting on who makes the cut or those who miss out.
History of the Genesis Scottish Open
The Scottish Open has enjoyed a long history since its inception in 1972 as part of the Rolex Series. However, it was in August 2021 that Genesis, the luxury motor arm of Hyundai from South Korea, stepped forward with title sponsorship for this year’s event.
Previously, the company has shown a strong commitment to golf, having first started with the Genesis Invitational, part of the PGA Tour, in 2017, as well as the CJ Cup and the President’s Cup.
Recent Genesis Scottish Open Winners
|2021||Min Woo Lee||Australian|
|2018||Brandon Stone||South African|
|2012||Jeev Milkha Singh||Indian|
Genesis Scottish Open Key Stats
- The Scottish Open was originally established in 1972, with the last three tournaments being played at the Renaissance Club in North Berwick.
- The course measure 7,136 yards (6,525 m) and has a par of 71.
- With the main sponsors being Rolex and Genesis Motors, the Scottish open is an alliance of the PGS and European Tours.
- 156 players will compete for a purse of $1.4 million from a total fund of $8 million.
Similar Tournaments to the Genesis Scottish Open
- April 2023, US Masters: Affiliated with the PGA Tour, the European Tour and the Japan Golf Tour, the US Masters is steeped in tradition and has been held annually at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia since 1934. Since 1949, the winner receives the famous green jacket.
- 18 – 21 May, 2023, The PGA Championships: With a prize fund of $15 million, the PGA is on the schedule of the PGA Tour and the European Tour. The winner’s purse of $2.7 million means that the US PGA represents one of the largest prizes in golf. Played annually over 100 different courses around the US, its last venue was Southern Hills in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 15 – 18 June, 2023, US Open: Played annually over 52 different golf courses, the 2022 event was won by Matt Fitzpatrick at the Country Club, Brookline, Massachusetts, netting him $3.15 million. The players finishing in the top 10 don’t have to qualify for the next year’s Open, while those in the top 4 are invited to the following Masters. The competition is part of the PGA and European Tours.
- 16 – 23 July, 2023, The (British) Open Championships: Said to be the oldest golf tournament in the world, this is an annual event played over 14 different courses. In 2022, the Old Course at St Andrews in Fife, Scotland hosted the competition. The championship is part of the PGA, European, and Japan Tours.
- 30 Sept – 2 Oct, 2023, The Ryder Cup: Being a bi-annual event, and having missed a year due to Covid, the 44th tournament will take place at the Marco Simone Golf and Country Club, Guidonia Montecelio, ten minutes from the centre of Rome in Italy. The tournament is affiliated with the PGA and European Tours. The US are the cup’s present holders after their 19 – 9 victory over Europe in 2021.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Genesis Scottish Open Betting FAQs
You can watch the tournament in the UK on Sky Spots.
At the time of writing, the dates for the 2023 edition of the tournament are 6th – 9th July.
All of the recommended bookmakers above will offer great odds on all players, as well as live streaming of the event directly from the Renaissance course.
A total of 156 players start, with only 65 remaining after the cut.
The winner receives a cheque for $1.4 million out of a total prize fund of $8 million.
Though the tournament takes place in July, you can expect changeable conditions, with a good possibility of inclement weather.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
With the alliance between the PGA and European Tours, the Genesis Scottish Open has become a much more interesting proposition for golfing fans and bettors. The Renaissance Club offers a re-designed course, with different tee lengths to suit all levels of golfer, ensuring a more challenging playing experience. For the sports bettor, the Genesis Scottish Open represents a great opportunity to watch some of the world’s most talented players and is also a great pre-taster for the British Open, which follows just a week later.