The Barbasol Open Championship is presided over by the PGA Tour and the DP World Tour (previously known as the PGA European Tour). Held as an alternative to the British Open, it usually takes place annually in July. Read on to learn more about this gold tournament, including top betting markets, our expert tips and predictions, and more!
- Tournament Structure for the Barbasol Championship
- Best Betting Sites for Barbasol Championship Betting Table
- Best Barbasol Championship Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
- Barbasol Championship Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Barbasol Championship
- Popular Barbasol Championship Betting Markets
- History of the Barbasol Championship
- Similar Tournaments to Barbasol Championship
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Barbasol Championship Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the Barbasol Championship
The Barbasol Championship gets underway on a Thursday like any other given PGA Tour event. After the second round on Friday, a cut line will be enforced, which will be set by the tournament organisers. For example, if it is a tightly bunched up leaderboard, and scoring has been low across the first two rounds, then the cut line might be set at level par or one under. If a player is above that, then they will be sent home.
This event has been well attended in the past – in 2021, for example, TV figures rocketed by 83% compared to the 2019 edition. In 2020, however, the tournament was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
*New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Payment method restrictions. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ - Offer for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Barbasol Championship Betting Sites – Top 5 Ranked
#1 – BoyleSports
#2 – Unibet
#3 – Betfred
#4 – bet365
#5 – Paddy Power
Barbasol Championship Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
According to Koobit, the 2023 Barbasol Championship will take place from the 3rd to the 9th July at the Keene Trace Golf Club in Nicholasville, Kentucky. We'll add more information here when it is available.
Barbasol Championship Betting Odds 2023
The latest odds for the 2023 Barbasol Championship will be published here closer to the start date of the event.
Barbasol Championship Betting Tips & Predictions 2023
Our expert tips and predictions will be added here once the commencement of the tournament draws closer.
Barbasol Championship Betting Promotions 2023
5 Reasons to Bet on the Barbasol Championship
- 50 players from the DP World Tour will be taking part.
- 300 FedEx Cup points are up for grabs.
- The course has been rated as one of the best courses in the state of Kentucky.
- The tournament has a sizeable prize purse – last year’s winner took walked away with a cheque for £2.8million.
- The tournament will award a final qualifying position for The Open.
Betting Sites with Barbasol Championship Live Streaming
- Paddy Power
Popular Barbasol Championship Betting Markets
The Barbasol Championship, like any other standard PGA Tournament, will be brimming with highly valuable markets, offering plenty of variety for punters.
Although some tournaments – such as the Northern Trust Open or the BMW Championship – will have more depth as part of the FedEx Cup playoffs, the Barbasol Championship with its proximity will usually have outright markets as well as player props which will provide value.
Below, we take a look at the type of markets you can explore when betting on the Barbasol Championship.
Outright Tournament Winner Betting
This is a staple of any given betting site, wherein you are simply required to predict who will end up in the winner’s circle after the final round. This takes into account various factors, such as past performances as well as their recent form.
The Barbasol Championship odds for the winner may also be influenced by a player’s stats on the tour, especially when it comes to driving and greens in regulation made. The odds will usually be posted at least three days ahead of the first round, with the market itself a great entry point for novice golf bettors.
Barbasol Championship First Round Leader
As you navigate your way through golf betting, there are plenty of golf terms that may seem unfamiliar, especially when it comes to scoring. The Barbasol Championship could end up seeing a flurry of birdies made, and here you are required to try and predict who will finish the day as the leader after the first round.
Betting on the Cut
Following the conclusion of the second round, around half of the field will be discarded as a cut line will be set. Those on the right side of it will stay on for the weekend – in fact, Saturday is often known as ‘moving day’, with many players trying to take charge and shoot up the leaderboard.
The Barbasol Championship is staged at the Keene Trace Golf Club, where there are some very inviting holes. This includes the first, which is known as Pandora’s Box and has a big dogleg on the right of the fairway. Although there will be some tricky pin positions, you can find lines at bookmakers as to who will hang around at the weekend. The cut line will also be available for the majors, such as the US Open.
Barbasol Championship Top 5 or Top 10 Finish
At the best golf betting sites, you are likely to find other markets where you don’t necessarily have to pick the winner – which can be notoriously tough, especially when there are 150 players to choose from.
With this in mind, if you prefer, you can back a golfer to finish in the top 5 or top 10, which gives you a little more margin for error. Many sites will have competitive odds for this section, and some will have price boosts, so you could stand to yield some big winnings if your prediction comes off.
History of the Barbasol Championship
An American brand of shaving products and aftershave, Barbasol lent its name to the tournament which is currently staged in Kentucky. Scott Piercy was the inaugural champion in 2015. While the tournament isn’t the most lucrative, the winner will still receive a two-year PGA Tour exemption as well as an invitation to the PGA Championship the following year.
The Champions Course at Keene Trace Golf Club was designed by renowned golf architect in Arthur Hills and built in 1987 by Tom Heilbron, who was a former president and current member of the club.
Since its inception, the Champions Course has received rave reviews and is one of the best courses in the state of Kentucky. It will also host the Barbasol Championship in 2023.
Recent Barbasol Championship Winners
Barbasol Championship Key Stats
- The tournament takes its name from Barbasol, which is a famous shaving brand in the US.
- Seamus Power’s victory at Barbasol last year marked his first win on the PGA Tour.
- The Barbasol Championship made its debut in 2015.
- The first three editions of the Barbasol Championship were played in Alabama.
- Only 300 FedEx Cup points are up for grabs.
- Four of the former winners at the Barbasol Championship claimed their last PGA Tour stroke-play title at this event.
Similar Tournaments to Barbasol Championship
- 4th – 7th August, 2022, Wyndham Championship – This is the last event before the FedEx Cup playoffs get underway, held in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- 3rd – 9th October, 2022, Shriner’s Hospital Open – This is a charity tournament that will take place at the TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas, representing the fourth leg of the FedEx Cup.
- 22nd – 28th May, 2023, Charles Schwab Challenge – Hosted by the Colonial Club in Texas, the winner of this event is awarded a red tartan jacket. The 2022 edition was won by Sam Burns.
- 29th May – 4th June, 2023 – Memorial Tournament – This is an annual, invitation-only tournament in Ohio, staged at the Muirfield Village Golf Club.
- 19th – 25th June, 2023 – The Travellers Championship – TPC River Highlands in Connecticut, USA, has the honour of hosting this event, with 500 FedEx Cup points up for grabs. Xander Schauffele was crowned the champion in 2022 following a two-stroke victory.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Barbasol Championship Betting FAQs
For UK viewers, all four rounds of the Barbasol Championship are usually broadcast on Sky Sports.
The current champion is Trey Mullinax, who won the 2022 edition of the tournament.
This market refers to the cut line that is imposed after the second round of the Barbasol Championship, resulting in half of the field being discarded. You can bet at most of our recommended sports betting sites for a player to make or miss the cut.
The 2023 Barbasol Championship will be staged at the Keene Trace Golf Club in Kentucky.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The Barbasol Championship always gives a good idea of how players are shaping up ahead of The Open, and judging by the course, the event could ensure a birdie fest, along with many low rounds posted.
If you want to wager on the Barbasol Championship, you will find tons of in-play and pre-tournament markets to add to your betting slip at the sites we have recommended in this guide.