The Premier League Darts is one of the most prestigious tournaments on the PDC's (Professional Darts Corporation) calendar. In January 2021, the PDC announced the most radical reform of the tournament’s history, with a reduction of the number of participating players from ten to eight. Due to its unique structure, Premier League Darts betting is particularly popular.
- Best Betting Sites for the 2022 Darts Premier League
- Best Betting Sites for Premier League Darts – Top 5 Ranked
- Premier League Darts Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Premier League Darts
- Premier League Darts Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular Premier League Darts Betting Markets
- Tournament Structure for the Premier League Darts
- History of the Premier League Darts
- Darts Premier League Key Stats
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the Darts Premier League
- Darts Premier League Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Betting Sites for Premier League Darts – Top 5 Ranked
#2 William Hill
Premier League Darts Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions
Premier League Darts Betting Odds 2022
|Michael van Gerwen||4/1||William Hill|
|James Wade||20/1||Paddy Power|
Premier League Darts Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
- The 2022 Premier League darts line-up has been announced, and it is an open field as always. Gerwyn Price – who heads the PDC Order of Merit – is a fiery character, and he will be looking to bounce back after his quarter-final exit in the Masters in Milton Keynes last week. Currently, the Welshman is the favourite with the bookmakers to lift the Premier League title, and he will be eager to get off to a strong start on the opening night at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff.
- Joe Cullen, meanwhile, who will be making his Premier League debut, could be a bit of a dark horse. Cullen – who clinched his maiden Major at the Masters last weekend with an 11-9 win over Dave Chisnall – managed to hold his nerve at the key moments. He dominated proceedings, and although he missed ten match darts, he got over the line, averaging 97. Cullen will be hoping his Masters triumph proves to be the launchpad for his career, and he is trading at the 12/1 with the bookies. Although he has slightly longer odds, he could spring an upset, and it would not be a surprise to see him go all the way.
- But Michael van Gerwen will perhaps pose the biggest threat to the likes of Cullen and Price getting their hands on the title. The "Green Machine" as he is known, has lifted the Premier League on five occasions, with his last triumph coming in 2019. When he is on form, Van Gerwen is near unstoppable, and the Dutchman can win legs in the blink of the eye. If he is fully firing, he could secure a sixth Premier League crown, and his 4/1 price seems to be fair.
Premier League Darts Betting Promotions 2022
5 Reasons to Bet on the Premier League Darts
#1 It is one of the biggest events on the PDC tour.
#2 It is a weekly competition.
#3 The whole tourney lasts for almost four months.
#4 It is considered to be part of darts’ triple crown.
#5 It has an exciting new format.
Premier League Darts Betting Sites With Live Streaming
Popular Premier League Darts Betting Markets
One of the great things about darts is that it provides an extremely high number of ways to bet on it. In fact, as darts grows in popularity, both in the UK and globally, so too does darts betting. Here are a few of the most popular bet types offered by the best online bookies that you can employ in darts.
Outright Winner Betting
Outright Winner bets are simply a wager on who will win the Darts Premier League. For maximum profit, these bets are usually placed pre-tournament, though there are times when you'll feel a player that has fallen behind in the table might have a revival and make a charge up the league. In such a case, a well-timed bet mid-competition can pay dividends.
Best Premier League Darts betting site for outright winner: Ladbrokes
Most 180s Betting
With Premier League Darts, as opposed to other darts tournaments, you know there's a minimum number of games all players will take part in. This is helpful in the case of Most 180s bets, since this is a tournament-long betting market on which player will hit the most maximums over the course of the contest.
If you place a bet like that in a knockout competition, and your pick goes out in the early rounds, then your bet will almost certainly go down with it. In the Premier League, however, your pick has at least nine games to get as many 180s as possible.
Best Premier League Darts betting site for most 180s: Coral
Highest Match Checkout Betting
In the case of Highest Match Checkout betting, you're wagering on what you think the highest checkout in a nominated match will be. This is a simple over/under bet where the bookie will set the line on what they think the highest finish will be – for example, over or under 153.5 – and you can bet on whether you think it will be higher or lower than that number.
If your player finishes on a checkout lower or higher than the bookie’s line, and you have successfully bet either way, you'll have won.
Best Premier League Darts betting site for highest match checkout: BetVictor
A nine-dart finish is the holy grail of darts. It simply means to check out in the perfect leg using only nine darts, the minimum possible from 501. Even for the top professionals, this is an uncommon achievement, and the darting equivalent of golf’s hole-in-one or a maximum 147 break in snooker.
There are many combinations a player can make for this checkout, the most common of which is 180 + 180 + 141. Because of this, these are very rare, and many people choose to bet on there being no nine-darter instead.
Best Premier League Darts betting site for nine-dart finish: NetBet
Tournament Structure for the Premier League Darts
History of the Premier League Darts
The PDC launched the inaugural Premier League Darts in 2005, won by the greatest darter of all time, Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor. So superior was Taylor during his time that he won the first four Premier Leagues, as well as 16 World Championships and 16 Darts Matchplay titles as part of his 85 major title haul and 11 televised nine-dart finishes. A contender to his throne in the modern game comes in the form of Dutch superstar Mighty Michael van Gerwen, who has collected five Premier League titles.
The league originally started with fortnightly fixtures, but is now played weekly. Another change from its launch is the number of players taking part. Initially a seven-player competition, the league featured nine players after a stroke of luck before the 2019 edition and is now again reduced to eight players.
That year, when the tournament was due to be a ten-man event as it had been since 2013, two-time winner Gary ‘The Flying Scotsman’ Anderson withdrew from the competition before it got underway, citing a back injury. To take his place, the PDC introduced a series of nine contenders, one of whom would play each week and fulfil the fixtures of the injured Anderson. This proved so successful that the PDC confirmed at the World Championships later that year that the contender/challenger/local hero format would be revived going forward. In 2020, the Premier League of Darts was in full swing when it was suspended for the first lockdown that was imposed during the Covid-19 pandemic. One year later and the start of the tournament was delayed before all of the fixtures were played in a series of nightly matches to finish the tournament off in a short space of time.
Since it was established in 2005, the Darts Premier League has had seven official sponsors. These include a number of betting sites including 888, who were the first company to have their name attached to this event. Other sponsors include Holsten, Whyte and Mackay, McCoy's, Betway, Unibet and Cazoo who will take over for the 2022 tournament.
Recent Darts Premier League Winners
|2019||Michael van Gerwen||The Netherlands|
|2018||Michael van Gerwen||The Netherlands|
|2017||Michael van Gerwen||The Netherlands|
|2016||Michael van Gerwen||The Netherlands|
|2014||Raymond van Barneveld||The Netherlands|
|2013||Michael van Gerwen||The Netherlands|
Darts Premier League Key Stats
- Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor has won this event more than anyone else, being crowned champion six times.
- Raymond van Barneveld, known as Barney, has made the most tournament appearances with 14.
- Barney has also played the most matches – a total of 211 in all.
- Phil Taylor boasts the longest unbeaten run after he avoided defeat in 44 matches.
- The eleven 180s chucked by Gary Anderson against Simon Whitlock in 2011 remain the most anyone has landed in one Premier League match.
- There have been ten nine-darters in Premier League Darts history: one each for Jonny Clayton and Jose De Sousa, two for Barney, two for Adrian Lewis, one for Simon Whitlock, and three for Phil Taylor, two of which occurred during the 2010 final.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the Darts Premier League
- 4th – 6th March, UK Open: This event takes place at Butlins Resort in Minehead in early March each year.
- 16th – 24th July, World Darts Matchplay: This is the PDC’s second most prestigious event which takes place in Blackpool each July.
- December 2022 – January 2023, World Darts Championships: It is the biggest event in darts and one that takes place over the festive season each year at London’s Alexandra Palace, lovingly known among darts’ fans as the Ally Pally.
Darts Premier League Betting FAQs
All over the place! The tournament works a bit like a tour, visiting a different city each week including Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, and Cardiff before concluding in Newcastle in late May.
In 2022, the PDC reduced the number of participants from ten to eight as part of a complete tournament revamp.
The whole competition lasts for almost four months.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
There is a lot of fun for bettors to have in the Premier League of Darts. Since it lasts for four months (in other words, a third of the year), that’s a serious amount of darts action to enjoy! This also means you can bet by the match, the week, or the entire competition. Plus, to add to the already thrilling excitement, there is a brand new tournament structure for fans to enjoy now making the whole event a series of mini tournaments to keep the top darting action coming.
If you're going to bet on the outright winner, one thing to keep in mind is that, with long-form tournaments such as leagues, it’s unlikely you'd get a shock top four. Far more interesting is who might miss the cut when so many of these are capable of winning. The opportunities are truly endless!
Do you prefer betting on football? Visit KickForm now to get the latest match stats, predictions, odds, and tips on all the top European football leagues. It's free to use, and employs a data-driven football formula to increase accuracy and reliability!