The Italian Open golf tournament is an annual event usually played in Rome. It draws in thousands of viewers and is preceded by other significant tournaments, including the Barcelona Open and the Madrid Masters. Read on to find out the latest Italian Open betting tips, odds, picks, and predictions.
Table of Contents
- Best Betting Sites we Recommend for the Italian Open
- Best Bookies For the Italian Open – Top 5 Ranked
- Italian Open 2021 Betting Odds, Tips & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the Italian Open
- Italian Open Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Popular Italian Open Betting Markets
- Tournament Structure for the Italian Open
- History of the Italian Open
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Similar Tournaments to the Italian Open
- Italian Open Betting FAQs
- 💻 What are the best betting sites for the Italian Open?
- 📺 Where can I watch the Italian Open?
- 🥇 What is the venue for the Italian Open 2021?
- 📅 When does the tournament take place?
- ❓ What are the most popular golf bets?
- 🏆 Who was the last golfer to win the Italian Open?
- ❗ Who has won the event the most times?
- The PuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New UK & NI customers only. promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet of £10+ in one bet transaction, at odds of Evens (2.0) +. settled within 60 days. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets credited within 48 hours of bet settlement, 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Max 60 Free Spins on Justice League Comics. 7-day expiry.Full T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 35x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #ad
Best Bookies For the Italian Open – Top 5 Ranked
#02 Paddy Power
Italian Open 2021 Betting Odds, Tips & Predictions
The 2021 Italian Open is set to begin on the 2nd of September and finish on the 5th of September. The tournament will take place at the Marco Simone Golf and Country Club golf course in Guidonia, Rome, and it won’t be long before we post our Italian Open golf betting tips here on this page.
Golf Italian Open 2021 Betting Odds
At the time of writing, we are still awaiting the bookies’ release of the 2021 Italian Open odds. Rest assured, as soon as the bookmakers release them, we will pick out the value and repost them here.
Italian Open 2021 Betting Tips & Predictions
This year’s Italian Open golf tips will be finalised as soon as we know who will be playing, how fit they are and what kind of form they are in. Obviously, this means that we can only do this once nearer the start of the tourney when we have this information and that is when we will craft our Italian Open betting tips and publish them here.
Italian Open Betting Promotions
- Newcomers looking to bet on this year’s Italian Open might want to take advantage of QuinnBet’s £5 free bet plus 5 free spins which can be unlocked as soon as you bet £10.
- Another fantastic betting offer that would work well with the golf is bwin’s £20 backup bet which acts as a little insurance.
5 Reasons to Bet on the Italian Open
- It is one of the climatic events on the European Tour.
- Europe’s top golfers will be there.
- There are Race To Dubai points on offer.
- The tourney holds a $7 million prize pool.
- Its course will host the Ryder Cup in 2023.
Italian Open Betting Sites With Live Streaming
Popular Italian Open Betting Markets
Golf betting is not as well-known as other sports betting options such as football or horse racing; however, there is no question about its surge in popularity in recent years. The sport offers many betting options that, if you're lucky, will allow you to enjoy some handsome winnings throughout the year. This undoubtedly makes the Italian Open all the more entertaining for punters. Here are a few popular bets that you should consider not only for the Italian Open 2021, but also for other golf tournaments.
The most common bets are futures betting or matchup bets. When you bet on futures, you are betting on a golfer to win a tournament. Generally, this offers excellent payouts. A typical futures line will have the name of the golfer followed by his odds.
Best Italian Open betting site for futures: mr.play
Matchup betting is when you place a stake on a player to score lower than another player. Usually, this will be one golfer against another, or it can feature a trio of players – a standard golf matchup betting line. The line starts from the left containing the golfer's name, followed by the spread line with a hyphen for the totals, and last of all, the moneyline. The spread includes the number at which the line will be set, followed by odds, while the moneyline contains only the betting odds.
Best Italian Open betting site for matchup: 10bet
Moneyline betting is straightforward, as you are merely betting on a golfer to score lower than his chosen counterpart. It is vital to understand the payout structure.
Best Italian Open betting site for money line: MansionBet
Golf betting spread is when you aren't betting on a player to win or lose; however, you are covering the spread, which is set at 1/2.
Best Italian Open betting site for betting spread: Vbet
Tournament Structure for the Italian Open
The venue of the Italian Open changes regularly and was initially scheduled for Rome at an earlier date in the year. The 2021 event will take place at the Marco Simone Golf and Country Club is a golf course in Guidonia which is located around 10 miles from the city centre of Rome. This course will host the 2023 Ryder Cup. The event has a prize pool of $7 million that is split between the top performers.
History of the Italian Open
The Italian Open is the national open golf championship of Italy for men. Although it has been a European Tour Rolex event since 2017, it has been around long before then. Founded in 1925, it has formed part of the European Tour schedule since the tour's inception in 1972. The 2021 event will be the 78th edition of the championship.
The first edition of the Italian Open was held at The Golf Club Alpino di Stresa, in 1925. Since then, the event has visited various golf courses throughout Italy. The Circolo Golf Villa d’Este hosted the tournament a record 12 times, although the last one was on the Montorfano course, in 1972. The Italian Golf Open has also taken place at the Golf Club Milano, the Golf Club Monticello and the Golf Club Castello Tolcinasco, among others. Several notable golfers have won the Italian Open over the years, including Bernhard Langer, Sam Torrance, and Italian Francesco Molinari.
Recent Italian Open Winners
Key Stats and Facts
- Total prize money for the Italian Open 2021 is $7 million.
- Percy Alliss set the Italian Open aggregate record of 262 in 1935.
- Hennie Otto was one stroke away from breaking the aggregate record in 2008.
- Auguste Boyer and Flory Van Donck managed 4 wins each.
- The Italian Open has been held at the Chervò Golf Club San Vigilio a record 10 times.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Similar Tournaments to the Italian Open
- September 9–12, 2021, BMW PGA Championship: This is a European Tour event formerly held in May but now held in September at the Wentworth Club in Surrey, England.
- September 16-19, 2021, KLM Open: The KLM Open is a four day troke play event that is held annually in the Netherlands each September.
- September 30-October 3, 2021, Alfred Dunhill Links: A unique pro-am European Tour tourney that is part team, part individual, and takes place each September.
Italian Open Betting FAQs
💻 What are the best betting sites for the Italian Open?
📺 Where can I watch the Italian Open?
Like all European Tour events, you can watch it on Sky Sports.
🥇 What is the venue for the Italian Open 2021?
This year’s tourney will be held at Marco Simone Golf & Country Club.
📅 When does the tournament take place?
The latest renewal of the Italian Open will take place on September 2nd, finishing on September 5th 2021.
❓ What are the most popular golf bets?
There are several popular bets for golf. The most common are futures and matchup betting, along with moneyline and spreads.
🏆 Who was the last golfer to win the Italian Open?
Ross McGowan won the tournament in 2020.
❗ Who has won the event the most times?
Auguste Boyer and Flory Van Donck have won the tournament four times each.
The PuntersPage Final Say
The Italian Open golf tournament is back at Marco Simone Golf & Country Club, where the top players will be in attendance, challenging each other for the lion’s share of the $7 million prize pool. The event will be eagerly awaited by punters and golf fans alike, with the best bookmakers out there offering attractive odds on many markets. Be sure to make a note in your calendar!