The John Deere Classic is one of the most prominent events on the PGA Tour, taking place on an annual basis at the TPC Deere Run in Illinois. On this page, we will provide you with all the information you need to bet on the John Deere Classic, including odds, tips and the best betting sites.
- Tournament Structure for the John Deere Classic
- Best Betting Sites for John Deere Classic Betting
- John Deere Classic Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on the John Deere Classic
- Betting Sites With John Deere Classic Live Streaming
- Popular John Deere Classic Betting Markets
- History of the John Deere Classic
- Similar Tournaments to the John Deere Classic
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for the John Deere Classic
- The John Deere Classic follows the pattern of a traditional PGA Tour strokeplay tournament, which is played over the course of four days, with the winner being crowned after the fourth round of the tournament.
- The competition runs between Thursday and Sunday, although a portion of the players will be cut after the second round on Friday.
- The John Deere Classic is one of the more lucrative tournaments on the tour with a total prize money of $7.1m, providing a payout of $1.28m for the winner of the 2022 competition.
- The tournament has a par of 71, which is standard across most PGA Tour events, and provides a challenge due to the length of the course in question.
- TPC Deere Run is one of the longer courses on the PGA Tour and tests the resolve and power of the competitors. Due to the length of the course, the tournament tends to be a low-scoring affair, offering risk and reward for player that attempt to use their power to find the greens.
- The par-five second hole sets the tone, covering 561 yards, requiring players to be on their mettle from the off. The toughest hole on the course is arguably the 10th, which has a distance of 583 yards, although it is mitigated with a par of five.
- Nothing sums up the John Deere Classic more than the 361-yard 14th hole, where players can use the downhill contours to drive to the green. It does come with a huge element of risk, but could be the difference between winning the tournament or not.
Best Betting Sites for John Deere Classic Betting
18+. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+. New customers using Promo code R30 only. Min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 3x £10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment methods/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
John Deere Classic Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
The John Deere Classic is primarily held the week before The Open Championship, providing one last opportunity for the leading golfers on the circuit to find the form ahead of the final major of the season. The provisional dates for the 2023 tournament are 5th – 9th July – we will provide more information as it is available.
John Deere Classic Betting Odds 2023
The odds for the 2023 John Deere Classic will be added here as the commencement of the event approaches.
John Deere Classic Betting Tips & Predictions 2023
We will publish our expert tips and predictions here closer to the start date of the event.
John Deere Classic Betting Promotions 2023
William Hill have a good promotion available for new customers of bet £10 get £30, which unlocks free bets to use across their betting site and app. By placing a £10 bet on the John Deere Classic, you can then use the £30 in free bets for other wagers, including future golf events.
bet365 boast one of the best welcome offers available when signing up to their betting site. Their bet £10 get £50 in bet credits allows new users to bet £10 on the John Deere Classic before receiving a lucrative sum to use elsewhere on their betting site and app.
5 Reasons to Bet on the John Deere Classic
- Top golfers from the PGA Tour compete in the event
- Provides ultimate test of power for leading competitors
- Last chance to refine form ahead of the British Open
- Opportunities for low-scoring exciting golf
- Great variety of players providing great value for John Deere Classic betting
Betting Sites With John Deere Classic Live Streaming
- Paddy Power
- William Hill
Popular John Deere Classic Betting Markets
There are a number of betting markets to consider when placing a bet on the John Deere Classic. Golf naturally provides a wide scope of markets due to the number of players in the field along with the prospect of four days of tough competition.
The John Deere Classic betting options are vast, especially with the best golf betting sites. You will find the same value and markets available as you would for a major tournament such as the US Open or US PGA Championship and some of the less well-known ones including the AT&T Byron Nelson. Here we breakdown the best markets that you will want to consider.
- Outright Winner
The most notable market available for John Deere Classic betting is the outright winner of the competition. All the leading betting sites will provide their outright odds based on the form and the pedigree of the players involved. The bet is as straightforward as it comes, if you bet on a player and they win the John Deere Classic, you will receive a payout from the bookmaker. If they fail to win the tournament, then you lose your wager.
Best John Deere Classic betting site for Outright Winner: bet365
- Each-Way Betting
Each way betting is always a good option for golf bets, and particularly on the PGA Tour due to the amount of players involved, some that may fly under the radar. An each-way bet allows you split your stake, with one wager backing your chosen to win the tournament, and the other backs the player to place.
You must read the placings carefully as all betting sites will be different, some will offer a top-five finish and others top eight. If your player places rather than wins, you will receive a payout of usually a 1/5 of the odds of the outright price. So it is worth bearing that in mind before lodging a wager, and it can be useful to consider players with larger odds, that although might not win, may be good enough to place.
Best John Deere Classic betting site for each-way betting: Paddy Power
- First Round Leader
One of the top betting options in golf is to wager on which player will come out firing on the first day of the competition. Some players might be in the mood in the first round and sink all of their putts to lead after the first round. They don’t necessarily have to win the competition for your bet to succeed, as long as they card the lowest score on day one. This particular John Deere Classic betting market can be useful to find value, as less heralded players can make an impact before fading away. Scan the field and the form guides to inform yourself of their abilities before placing your wager.
Best John Deere Classic betting site for First Round Leader: BoyleSports
- First Round Three Balls
In PGA Tour competitions, the field begins with three golfers in the same group for the opening two rounds. You can bet on which player from the group will have the lowest score in the round. Therefore, it’s an outright bet, but reduced to a smaller field of players. You might not find incredible value here. But, if you know enough about the sport and the players involved, particularly their first-round performances there could be money to be made.
Best John Deere Classic betting site for First Round Three Balls: bet365
Make The Cut
On this market you back a player to either make the cut or fail to make the cut. After the first two days of the competition, the PGA Tour set a marker for all players to reach to qualify for the final two rounds. If players fail to reach that score they are cut from the competition. Big name players can fail to make the grade, making it an enticing market to consider.
Best John Deere Classic betting site for Make the Cut betting: bet365
History of the John Deere Classic
The John Deere Classic was named an official PGA Tour event in 1972 and has had various sponsors during its tenure until John Deere became the primary sponsor in 1999. The tournament was initially played in Iowa at the Crow Valley Country Club before moving to Illinois in 1975. From 1999 onwards, it has been staged at TPC Deere Run.
Recent John Deere Classic Winners
|2022||J. T. Poston||American|
|2019||Dylan Frittelli||South African|
John Deere Classic Key Stats
- Steve Stricker and D.A Weinberg hold the joint-record for most John Deere Classic wins (3).
- Michael Kim claimed TPC Deere Run course record of 257 in his triumph in 2018.
- The course record for a round at TPC Deere Run is 61.
- Jordan Spieth became the youngest John Deere Classic winner in 2013 at the age of 19.
- South Africa’s David Frost is the only overseas player to win multiple John Deere Classics.
Similar Tournaments to the John Deere Classic
August 7th – 10th, 2022, The Wyndham Championship: The Wyndham Championship is held each year at the Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina.
August 14th – August 17th 2022, Fedex St. Jude Championship: Towards the end of the campaign, this tournament features the best 125 players on the circuit that have qualified due to their performances on the PGA Tour and is staged at TPC Southwind, Tennessee.
August 21st – August 24th 2022, BMW Championship: The event is one of the final tournaments of the PGA Tour season. It takes place at the Wilmington Country Club, Delaware.
August 28th – August 31st 2022, Tour Championship: The PGA Tour signs off for the season with the tournament at East Lake Golf Club, Georgia,
Upcoming Sporting Events
John Deere Classic Betting FAQs
There are a number of betting markets for John Deere Classic betting, such as Outright Winner, each-way betting, First Round Leader and First Round Three Balls, among others.
You can watch the John Deere Classic on Sky Sports, but also through betting sites that carry live streaming of the tournament.
The amount of places paid out for John Deere Classic betting depends on the bookmaker in question. Some may offer five places, while others may pay out for a top-eight finish.
The total prize fund for the 2022 John Deere Classic was $7.1m, with the winner receiving $1.28m.
The John Deere Classic is played at TPC Deere Run in Illinois, and has a par of 71.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The John Deere Classic is another vital leg of the PGA Tour, and brings out a unique test in the striking ability of the players that compete at TPC Deere Run. The event has been dominated by American in recent history so if you’re looking for a John Deere Classic tip, backing a home favourite might be a worthwhile plan.