Raced over one and a half flat miles of Parisian turf, the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe is the most respected and revered horse race in France and one of the biggest globally. The race takes place each year in October at Longchamp racecourse and puts up a €5 million prize pool, which helps keep Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting more thrilling when compared to other races.
Table of Contents
- Best Bookies for Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting
- Best Bookies for Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe – Top 5 Ranked
- Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions 2021
- Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Odds 2021
- Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Tips & Predictions 2021
- Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Promotions
- 5 Reasons to Bet on The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
- Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting sites with Live Streaming
- Popular Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Markets
- Tournament Structure for Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
- History of Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
- Recent Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Winners
- Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Key Stats
- Similar Tournaments to Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
- Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Paypal & certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first 5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x 5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Bookies for Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe – Top 5 Ranked
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Odds, Promotions, Tips & Predictions 2021
The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe 2021 will take place on Sunday 3rd October at 15.05 UK time. The race will be held on the second day of the Longchamp meet and will be shown on ITV1. Be sure to watch this space for the latest odds, tips and predictions!
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Odds 2021
The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe odds for 2021 have not yet been released. This is because there is still a lot of racing action to take place between now and when the race goes off in a little under two months’ time. We will publish the Arc odds right here as soon as they are available and after we have reviewed them.
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Tips & Predictions 2021
As with the odds, our 2021 Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting tips are also not available right now. Rest assured they will be with you shortly, just as soon as we know this year’s declared list of final runners.
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Promotions
- We very much like the look of the welcome offer at SportingBet, where newbies can pick up as much as £50 in free Bets, 20 free spins and a £10 casino bonus – more than enough to get you started.
- Alternatively, newcomers to QuinnBet can enjoy a free bet worth up to £25 to use on the Arc, as well as 50 free spins on top.
5 Reasons to Bet on The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
- The Arc is one of the most prominent horse races on the planet.
- It is also the most prestigious events of its kind in France.
- It offers the second-highest purse for a turf race on earth.
- The world’s finest thoroughbreds will all be there…
- … and all the best trainers and jockeys, too.
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting sites with Live Streaming
Popular Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting Markets
As Europe’s most hotly contested horse race, the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting markets always provide great betting opportunities. While there's nothing really that out of the ordinary from regular horse racing betting, the quality of the thoroughbreds on show is very high, making everything extra thrilling.
Outright Winner Betting
Placing an outright winner bet on the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe is a simple case of backing the winner of the race in a single bet. With a race as big as this, there will be ante-post prices available for most of the year. Be warned, though, that you are not covered by the bookie if you back a horse a long time in advance and they are then, for whatever reason, pulled out. If you do choose to wait until final declarations, simply make your selection, add it to your betting slip, pick a bet level that you can afford and are happy with, and submit your bet.
Best Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting site for Outright Winner: Ladbrokes
With an each-way bet, you are doubling your stake and making two bets. When it comes to placing this particular Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe bet, remember to tick the Each-Way box that you will see on your betting slip. By selecting this option, you are allowing your pick to win and/or finish among the places, meaning that you will get paid if your horse finishes high up among the field.
Best Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting site for each-way betting: Unibet
A forecast is where bettors need to successfully predict which two horses will be first past the post in the race. The only drawback here is that you must get their finishing order correct also. It is a single wager on that occurrence happening. If you wish to double your stake and allow your bet the space for the same two horses to come home in either order, then you can place what is known as a reverse forecast bet.
Best Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting site for forecast betting: BoyleSports
A very similar bet to the one above, albeit with one extra selection, is a tricast. Here, you will need to pick the first three horses past the post in the correct order. In order to mix and match these three selections, you can place an each-way tricast, which is six times your single tricast stake. This essentially means that your three horses can finish in any order and, so long as they are first three home, your bet will pay out.
Best Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting site for tricast betting: 888sport
Tournament Structure for Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
Once described by a 2003 advertising campaign as “Ce n'est pas une course, c'est un monument” which translates roughly as “It's not a race, it's a monument”, the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe is considered to be Europe's most prestigious all-aged horse race. One of the world’s most eagerly anticipated horse races of the year, France’s Group One Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe has been chased over a distance of one and a half miles since its first running in 1920.
With exceptions, the race is always held at Longchamp, Paris. Thoroughbred horses at least three years old come from all over the world to take part in this illustrious flat race, which is run annually on the first Sunday in October each year. This race can be abbreviated to simply ‘the Arc' and, after Australia’s The Everest race, is the world's second most rewarding turf race, boasting a prize pool of €5 million up for grabs.
History of Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe first took place on Sunday the 3rd of October 1920, when Comrade became the race’s first ever champion. However, it had been a long time in the making. Up until 1863, the Société d'Encouragement, who were then the governing body of French racing, restricted all horse races in France to French horses exclusively.
However, that year the organising body launched the Grand Prix de Paris – a race which would welcome the best horses three years and up from any other nation. In 1893 the Prix du Conseil Municipal was introduced as another international event for horses of different age groups, which was raced over one and a half miles in October. Then, in 1920, the Grand Prix de Paris was launched, which would later lead to the development of the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe as we know it today.
In 1935 the race, which was swiftly becoming the most prestigious of all the races, secured lottery funding through the state, allowing it to offer a huge prize pool. The race’s lottery funding dissipated in the 1970s, though, and by 1982, organisers were required to seek commercial sponsorships in order to maintain the high levels of prize money that they could offer.
Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club (QREC) are the present-day sponsors. In 2016 and 2017, Chantilly hosted the race for two consecutive years while Longchamp underwent renovations.
Recent Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Winners
|2015||Golden Horn||Frankie Dettori|
|2012||Solemia Olivier Peslier||2012|
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Key Stats
- Longchamp holds a capacity crowd of 10,000 people.
- While there is not an outright most successful horse ever, eight horses have won this race twice. These are Motrico, Ksar, Corrida, Ribot, Tantieme, Alleged, Treve and most recently Enable.
- The Arc’s most successful jockey is Frankie Dettori, who has won this race six times.
- With eight wins under his belt, André Fabre is the leading trainer in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe.
- The leading owner of Arc wins is Marcel Boussac, who has had six winners here.
- The horse Found set the fastest ever winning time of 2 minutes, and 23.61 seconds, although that year (2016), the race was held at Chantilly.
- The longest winning margin of six lengths has been set by three horses, Ribot, Sea Bird and Sakhee.
- In 1932, Motrico became the oldest ever winner of the Arc, when he won the big race at the age of seven.
- The biggest field ever for the race was set in 1967, when 30 horses set off.
- The fewest, however, was set in 1941, when only seven horses went to post.
Similar Tournaments to Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
- Tuesday, 2nd November 2021, The Melbourne Cup: The Melbourne Cup is held annually in November at the Flemington Racecourse over a distance of 3,200 metres and, with a prize pool of $8 million, is one of the world’s richest horse races.
- Friday 12th November – Sunday 14th November 2021, Cheltenham November Meeting: This famous event is generally agreed to be the festival that signifies the switch from flat racing to jump racing in the UK.
- Saturday 4th December 2021, The Betfair Tingle Creek: Raced at Sandown Park, the Group One Tingle Creek Chase is a steeplechase that takes place each year in early December.
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe Betting FAQs
What are the best betting sites for Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting?
Where can I watch the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe?
You can watch the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe live on ITV1.
When does the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe take place?
The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe is held in Paris every October.
Where does the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe take place?
The Longchamp Racecourse has been the home of the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe since 1920.
How much is the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe prize money?
The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe prize money amounts to a stunning €5 million.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
France’s Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe is the richest race in Europe and one of the continent’s most prestigious all-aged horse race events, attracting top horses, jockeys and trainers of flat racing from all over the world. A list of previous Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe winners reads like a who’s who of some of the most legendary horses in the sport, underlining why this event attracts such firm interest from spectators, the best bookies, and punters alike.
With all this in mind, it's little wonder that Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe betting is always so exciting!