Want to learn more about crypto betting? Here we’ll not only provide you with everything you need to know to understand betting with cryptocurrencies, but we'll also be showcasing the finest crypto betting sites out there.
Do you know all the betting sites Payment methods?
- What Is Crypto Betting?
- A Closer Look at Our Best Crypto Betting Sites
- Vave Crypto Review
- Cloudbet Crypto Review
- Jackbit Crypto Review
- Rolletto Crypto Review
- FortuneJack Crypto Review
- BC.GAME Crypto Review
- Trust Dice Crypto Review
- MyStake Crypto Review
- What Do We Look For in the Best Crypto Betting Sites?
- Types of Cryptos Available for Betting
- Advantages to Betting With Crypto
- Disadvantages to Betting With Crypto
- How To Bet With Cryptocurrencies
- Crypto Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Best Crypto Betting Sites
What Is Crypto Betting?
While the technical side of cryptocurrencies may be complicated, betting with crypto is remarkably simple. Instead of betting with government-issued currencies (known as ‘fiat currencies’, such as the British pound or US dollar), you opt for a cryptocurrency in its place.
To differentiate between the two, it’s important to first understand the basics of cryptocurrencies themselves.
A cryptocurrency is a kind of virtual currency, which is made safe through cryptography, hence its name. They are considered safe and anonymous, and don’t utilise a central regulatory authority, making them independent from any government.
The most popular example of cryptocurrency is Bitcoin, and this also goes for betting — we have a dedicated Bitcoin betting article for just that in fact.
When it comes to laws, the question of cryptocurrency legality depends on both the currency and jurisdiction.
A Closer Look at Our Best Crypto Betting Sites
We’ve put together a checklist of the key things you’ll want to know about our finest crypto sports betting options to see which is suitable for you:
for UK Users
Vave Crypto Review
This crypto gambling foundation verified operator that is licensed in Curaçao, is already among the most reputable crypto betting sites. Having only launched in 2022, this places them on our top picks among new betting sites.
Vave have world-class security, thousands of top tier games, quality promotions, and competitive sportsbook odds. And above all, they offer a seamless, user-friendly experience.
- Amazing games library
- Limitless potential
- Generous crypto bonuses with exceptional terms
- More promotional variety possible
- No fiat currencies
- Lack of progressive jackpots
- Bitcoin Cash
This is a crypto-exclusive site, meaning that any and all promotional offers are all safely available for use with cryptocurrency. This includes 100% cashback up to 1BTC on a Sunday, a Thursday bonus up to 150 USDT plus 50 free spins, tournaments, slot races and VIP programmes. Plus, they are well known for their transparency and fair terms and conditions.
Cloudbet Crypto Review
Cloudbet call themselves “the easiest way to bet with Bitcoin”. In my opinion that’s no overstatement, even amongst immense competition.
In fact, this Curaçao-licensed crypto casino and sportsbook may be underselling it. They might be the finest way to bet with a whole collection of crypto options thanks to user first design, transparent terms, and great customer service backing up all those great games and markets.
- Internationally suitable sportsbook
- SSL encrypted
- Great live betting options
- Could benefits from more table games
- Crypto not available to UK users
- VIP programme by invitation
- Bitcoin Cash
- Binance USD
- Terra Classic
- PAX Gold
- Shiba Inu
- USD Coin
- Pax Dollar
Don’t be alarmed by the fact that Cloudbet is a little more subtle with their promotional placement, tucked away on their own page with barely an advertisement in sight, because they are well worth checking out.
Take for instance the welcome bonus up to 5BTC, free spin Tuesdays, the Play'n GO tournament and Spinomental tournament worth the crypto equivalent of €150,000 as just a few examples.
Jackbit Crypto Review
And considering they have the quality to match the quantity with regards to odds, game quality and site experience, why wouldn’t they show off? The crypto betting sites UK scene may be crowded, but there’s always room for an operator this exceptional.
- Consistent rewards
- Spectacular software developers
- Site structure makes finding favourites easy
- Design can overload newcomers
- Less established than some
- Live chat English only
- Bitcoin Cash
While there is no big welcome bonus at Jackbit, there are several great offers plastered on the homepage, which provides tangible value to your betting. For instance, you get every fourth ticket as a gift when sports betting, there’s drops and wins worth the equivalent of $500,000, free spins, free bets, and great tourneys to enjoy.
Rolletto Crypto Review
Arguably the most comprehensive and broadly appealing crypto experience on this list, Rolletto has a little bit of everything.
They’re fantastic for slots, table games, live casino, and more left-field crypto casino gaming options. In addition, they also provide great crypto esports betting, pre-game and live betting markets, all brought to you by a Curaçao betting licence.
Back all this up with a great reputation, encryption, fair terms and conditions, and the best software developers in the world and you’re onto a winner already.
- Hugely diverse betting options
- Crisp, clear design
- Transparent terms and information
- May look a little cold for some
- Live chat can experience slowdown
- Restrictions on UK users
Just a glance at the promo page at Rolletto is proof that their love of variety also extends to bonuses. Casino and sportsbook fans will find plenty of ways of making their crypto go further here with deposit offers, cashback bonuses, and welcome offers suitable for everyone — from casino fans to crypto esports betting enthusiasts. Plus, it’s backed by competitive terms throughout.
FortuneJack Crypto Review
Moreover, it is an exceptional home to many of the world’s best casino software developers. Their sportsbook is no slouch either, with tons of competitive markets.
- Binance available
- Game quality is top tier
- Buy crypto here in seconds
- No mobile apps
- Less unique than in 2014
- More live blackjack tables would be a plus
- Binance USD
You’ll be rewarded the moment you deposit with FortuneJack (and beyond), thanks to their four deposit welcome offer which offers free spins and extra cash multiple times. This is fitting for a site which rewards so consistently, with sports betting crypto and casino offers such as free spins, free bets and their very own “loyalty garage” where you can enjoy up to 2BTC Reloads bonus and 10% cashback. Backed by terms worthy of their reputation.
Trust Dice Crypto Review
They are proudly the top-rated crypto casino in the world according to Trustpilot, and after reviewing them myself, I can see why. Trust Dice’s world-class reputation is backed by encryption, fair terms, and a licence by the government of Curaçao.
You’ll also be happy to know that alongside 1500 + games, they also offer a fantastic sportsbook, especially great for crypto esports betting fans. Moreover, they’re available all over the world, especially if you have access to a VPN.
- Unbeatable reputation
- Available globally, in several languages
- Integrated social elements
- Aesthetics won’t suit everyone
- Withdrawal fees on Bitcoin
- More table games would be welcome
- USD Coin
- TXT (their own cryptocurrency)
Not only does Trust Dice offer great promotions, but they do so on several different cryptocurrencies.
At the time of writing, you can enjoy deposit bonuses up to 3BTC, 90,000 USDT or 150 ETH depending on your needs.
They also use bonuses to enhance the social side of things with a broad selection of crypto jackpots and contests, alongside one of the most comprehensive and generous VIP programmes we’ve seen. You can even mine TXT just by playing.
MyStake Crypto Review
Their brash and bright site design might be the first thing that catches your eye but make no mistake, there’s plenty of substance along with all that style at MyStake. It comes in the form of competitive sports odds and fantastic MyStake casino games, which don’t just include slots and table classics but unique titles too.
This is backed with proper Curaçao licensing, encryption, and fair terms for one of the best crypto betting experiences around. Do note, though, that some games are restricted in different countries, so it is well worth using a VPN on this one.
- Stands out in crowded market
- Unique betting options
- Huge crypto welcome bonus
- Others have more crypto options
- Design can be intense
- Geographical game restrictions
- Bitcoin Cash
- USD Coin
With a 170% crypto welcome bonus on offer, it’s clear the crypto promotions are no afterthought. You can enjoy a mix of offers aimed specifically to you, like 10% crypto cashback on deposit, alongside more general offers like bet boosts for the best of both bonus worlds.
BC.GAME Crypto Review
Easy on the eye and even easier to use. I found BC.GAME to be a user friendly delight licensed in Curaçao. They also go above and beyond utilising partnerships with GamCare, BeGambleAware.com and the Crypto Gambling Foundation to back up their excellent reputation.
This shouldn’t be too much of a surprise, considering that going the extra mile is very much their bread and butter, from crypto variety to their sports betting markets and amazing casino game collection.
- They offer cryptos unavailable elsewhere
- Go the extra mile for safety
- Fantastic promotions
- Some fees apply
- Fiat support Is limited
- Casino more prioritised than sportsbook
High rollers and casual players alike can enjoy great bonus offers from BC.GAME. This includes a bonus for every crypto deposit up to 360% and an extensive VIP rewards system.
Best of all, they’re great at providing customised crypto promotions on specific events and games, like the UEFA Champions League and the Imperial Quest live game.
What Do We Look For in the Best Crypto Betting Sites?
While we also take into account all the typical things you'd expect us to consider for our crypto sites recommendations, there are additional factors that deserve your attention:
- Variety and quality of cryptos offered: Did you know that there are thousands of different cryptocurrencies out there? That doesn’t mean that all of them are available on betting sites, but there are a selection of bookies which go above and beyond with their options so you have more to choose from.
- Usability: The usability of the site or app is vital to being able to enjoy what cryptocurrencies have to offer. We prioritise bookies with the fewest number of steps needed and the ones that are easiest to navigate.
- Market Variety/Odds: One misunderstanding about crypto betting sites is that they are a compromise. That is simply not the case — sites accepting crypto can have the same — if not better — odds and variety to choose from. This means that in terms of market variety and the odds offered, we only expect the best.
- Mobile integration: Crypto is gearing up to be the preferred way of betting. But at one time, that accolade was held by mobile betting. It may be tough to appreciate now, but the ability to bet on the go is one of gambling’s greatest achievements. Therefore, we make a point of making mobile integration every bit as important as the desktop alternatives in our recommendations.
- Reputation and Security: When it comes to betting, security is always a factor we give a lot of importance to. When you use cryptocurrencies at licensed bookies, your personal and financial information is kept safe.
Promotions are a very special consideration when it comes to betting with crypto, in part because the subject causes some confusion. The facts, though, much like everything in crypto betting, are very simple when you break them down.
Many betting sites — even those that have betting with crypto options — offer great betting promotions which restrict their usage to cryptocurrency users. However, this is not always the case.
In addition, many crypto betting sites offer promotions that are exclusively aimed towards crypto sport betting and casino users. Importantly, these bonuses can be just as generous and as creative as any fiat currency alternative. It simply depends on the individual bookmaker's generosity.
Types of Cryptos Available for Betting
While there are thousands of potential crypto options — some much more popular than others, most work in very similar ways. But, not all are available for betting, such as Fan Tokens. We’ve chosen the top cryptocurrencies just to give you an example of a few of the most common cryptocurrencies you'll likely find when betting, as well as to highlight the subtle differences between them.
This is the most popular, famous, and commonly-utilised cryptocurrency in the world. It is by far the coin you are most likely to see available for crypto betting, as it is for most other things. While we have steadily seen other cryptocurrencies become publicly recognised over the last few years, Bitcoin remains undeniably dominant in terms of mass appeal.
This spin off from Bitcoin was created in 2017 following disagreements on the future direction of the coin, which created a gap in the market for an alternative. Key to this was the desire to increase the capacity of Bitcoin and increase the block size limit. This gives it the advantage of providing more coins in circulation and faster transaction times. It has become immensely popular since its inception, even if it is drafted by the original.
Second to Bitcoin in popularity, it can also regularly be found by those looking to get into betting with crypto. Having been launched six years after Bitcoin, in 2015, Ethereum has also taken the world by storm, partially due to its upgrades and integration of the exchange of increasingly popular NFTs.
It’s the meme coin whose popularity is by no means a joke. In fact, before it became a serious investment prospect, many viewed Dogecoin as a way of making fun of more established cryptocurrencies. It still remains fun and friendly and is low enough in cost to provide a perfect low-risk gambling token, hence its popularity with bettors using crypto.
Designed as a stable coin, the concept behind Tether is that it is always worth a single US dollar. This makes it an interesting option for crypto betting, as the usual fluctuations, which are a risk for cryptos, are largely reduced. An excellent way to get into crypto sport betting while taking control of potential risks.
Just like Bitcoin, this alternative uses a decentralised peer-to-peer network and blockchain technology to provide safe transactions perfect for betting. However, Litecoin has the advantage of being considerably faster and more efficient. This, alongside broad popularity, has made it one of most common and easiest cryptos to use on casinos and sportsbooks across the world.
First released in 2012, Ripple took some time to get to where we can recommend it as a crypto you will regularly be able to find on betting sites. Its security and efficiency, low transaction fees, transparency and speed have made it more than worth the wait. A truly global and ambitious crypto perfect for betting.
With a focus on scalability and high transaction output, TRON has steadily become a regular feature on many of the best betting sites in the world. Its delegated proof-of-stake consensus mechanism allows for plenty of transactions per second, meaning it's very convenient if you need to purchase a crypto before getting started.
There’s no cryptocurrency more committed to the entertainment industry and there may not be one with more potential.
Cardano has a research-based, scientific approach to cryptocurrency, and a peer review process which ensures high-quality code, scalability, and security. It’s easy to say that this may be the future of cryptocurrency.
Cardano even uses a proof-of-stake blockchain, believed to offer a greener way of using crypto. And this is no longer just a project in the making, many of the best crypto betting sites happily have Cardano as part of their ensemble.
Advantages to Betting With Crypto
Now that you know what kind of cryptocurrencies are available, what they are all about, as well as some of our picks for best crypto betting sites, you may be wondering exactly why you should choose betting with crypto over your more traditional options.
These are our top reasons why:
Arguably the most important reason people choose cryptocurrencies is that they have built-in anonymity and security features. This doesn’t mean that using cryptocurrencies guarantees every betting site will be safe (that’s where licences come in), but the blockchain certainly goes a long way in securing your funds. For many people, betting with crypto is the safest option.
Cryptocurrencies do not have the same global barriers that are typical of fiat currencies. It means that most crypto betting sites are available worldwide, creating a truly global option for betting fans. Many betting sites rely on a thriving community, and this helps make that a possibility while removing many logistical obstacles. Plus…
More betting sites equals more choice, and more competition when it comes to betting online can only be considered a good thing. This typically leads to better standards and broader coverage. Remember too that there are no limits on how many kinds of sites you can sign up to.
What we said about more choice is also true of promotions. More betting sites mean more bonus opportunities — not only that, but many crypto sport betting sites offer promotions that are exclusively available to those depositing with crypto coins.
While people do consider the volatility of cryptocurrencies as a potential downside to crypto betting, it is worth pointing out that they do not have the same issues as fiat currencies regarding inflation.
No Third Party Nonsense
Because there is no need for the typical third parties used with fiat currencies, there’s also the removal of several annoyances related to them. This includes most fees for deposits and withdrawals and the removal of possible deposit rejections on most grounds.
It’s early days still in the world of crypto sport betting, so all we have seen here is just the beginning. We expect many more operators to become available soon just as we have steadily seen their uptake increase in the last several years. The excitement of betting with crypto isn’t just what is available, but what could become available.
Disadvantages to Betting With Crypto
Generally speaking, cryptocurrencies break down traditional barriers to entry. However, some betting sites come with their own geographical restrictions. To see whether the site you are interested in offers crypto gambling in your area, check out their terms and conditions, FAQ/help section or ask customer service.
There is a small added level of inconvenience to even the best crypto betting sites, which is that you must first purchase and store crypto before playing. Now, this is made pretty simple nowadays, and you can even buy crypto directly from some betting exchanges. Nonetheless, it is an extra step not needed with fiat currencies.
Some betting sites tend to prioritise non-crypto currency (fiat currency), so it’s important to know which are the best all rounders for crypto. One disadvantage of a lesser site is you may find yourself unable to access certain promotions. Don’t worry though, on the top options there should be plenty of crypto relevant bonuses to choose from.
How Does Crypto Betting Compare to Betting With Fiat Currencies?
First things first, it’s important to note that you can often use both crypto and fiat currency betting options on the same bookmaker. So, there’s really no need for the negatives of one to really impact you, as both are readily available.
And indeed, the positives of both can be enjoyed equally. It’s also worth noting that crypto sport betting sites and fiat alternatives have more in common than factors that distinguish them. For instance, you can expect great customer service, mobile options, competitive odds, and market variety on each.
The key differences between crypto betting may be broken down to the following:
- They will often have different promotions.
- There are some betting sites which will use one or the other exclusively.
- Fiat currencies do currently have more available betting sites.
- Betting with crypto offers additional anonymity and security.
- There are some extra steps to betting with crypto.
- Crypto betting allows for access to sites that may have not otherwise been available due to geographical restrictions.
- There are greater fluctuations in crypto value.
- Fiat currencies are subject to greater political impact (such as inflation( than crypto betting.
Kinds of Crypto Betting
Betting with crypto is more multifaceted than you might imagine.
It is commonly available on both sports betting and casino sites. With the former, there’s really no difference between crypto sport betting and fiat currency sportsbooks. For instance, there’s no reason that the number of sports betting markets would be any different based on the type of currency you are using.
The same can be said for casino betting; there’s no logical reason betting with crypto can’t provide just as great a variety of games.
That said, we would say there is more of a distinction between crypto betting casino sites and fiat options compared to what you can find with sportsbooks. That’s because the game variety — at least in terms of individual titles — depends on the software developers that are available, and often crypto betting sites have different developers.
This is the case across all kinds of casinos and does not mean there is any loss of variety or quality.
There’s also the potential for things like spread betting, betting using NFTs, and betting exchanges, as crypto betting becomes ever more mainstream.
How To Bet With Cryptocurrencies
If you have never bet with cryptocurrencies before, there’s no need to view this as anything other than a simple process. For starters, you should already know most of it if you’ve ever paid for anything online, and the extra steps are easy to understand.
Here’s how to start your crypto betting journey:
- Create a crypto wallet: If you do not already have a crypto wallet, this is the first step to getting involved with cryptocurrencies. From web browsers to hard wallets, there is a broad selection of crypto wallets you can carry around with you. Examples include the likes of Coinbase to the offline Ledger Nano options. A good crypto wallet is vital, so do a bit of research to find one that is right for you.
- Buy your digital currency: Now you have your wallet, it is time to buy some cryptocurrency to put in it. Binance is a good example of a great exchange and cryptocurrency, as you could be betting with Binance as well as buying from them. Coinbase is another very popular alternative, as are eToro and Kraken, among others.
- Choose a crypto betting site: If you are not signed up to a crypto betting site yet, now would be the time to find one that is right for you. Be sure too that they accept your preferred cryptocurrency. Register and sign in, which should only take a few moments. Be sure to make note of any welcome offers or relevant promo codes at this time.
- Deposit funds: Now you will need to deposit using your crypto wallet. This is not much different from inputting debit card information, except you are instead putting in details relevant to sending cryptocurrency. This would typically see you receiving a required address to send your cryptocurrencies to. Do note that transaction times vary depending on the preferred currency.
- Bet with cryptocurrency: Beyond this, the betting process is typical. Simply find your preferred sports market, tell them how much you wish to wager, and confirm just as you would with a fiat currency.
How To Open a Crypto Wallet for Betting
If you’re a total newcomer to cryptocurrencies, then those initial steps might seem intimidating. However, we can assure you that the process is simple.
Here’s all that’s required of you:
1. Choose Which Wallet Is Right for You
There are lots of different kinds of wallets for you to consider. For starters, there are several types of software wallet.
These include desktop wallets which are installed on your computer, and mobile wallets. Both are very convenient and offer good levels of security as long as you choose a reputable option.
There are also online wallets which are very flexible, but be careful to only choose the most secure online options as these are more vulnerable.
Hardware wallets are physical devices used to store cryptocurrency. These devices are very secure but do require a little more effort.
Paper Wallets involve printing or writing down your keys. Super secure assuming you take good care of them. Basically, it’s finding the right balance between convenience and security.
2. Open Your Wallet
How you open an individual wallet does depend on the one which you have chosen. With that in mind, we’ve provided a few examples below of common and popular ways in which you can open a wallet.
Browser/Mobile App Wallet
- A Coinbase wallet can be utilised via desktop or mobile.
- For desktop, visit Coinbase and click the download button. You’ll then be taken to the chrome web store where you can download and install the browser extension.
- Next, create a 12-part recovery phrase. This is a readable translation of your private wallet key to aid with memorisation, which is vital to do anything with your wallet and the crypto in it.
- Next, create a password, agree to the terms and conditions, and click submit.
- All that’s left to do is to choose a username. Your wallet is now open and ready for you to purchase crypto.
- The mobile version works in almost the same way, but you must download the mobile app instead of a browser extension.
- The first part of opening a hardware wallet is buying one. My favourites include Ledger and Trezor.
- Once you have bought one, you will need to set up the relevant software, for example Ledger Live. To do this, go to Ledger on your device. Download the app. Double click the executable file you’ve just downloaded. Then click on Install. You can then set up your device on your PC using a USB cable.
- Start the set-up and follow the prompts until you receive a pin code.
- Just like with Coinbase, the next vital part is to decide on a recovery phrase. This can be as many as 24 words long, so you may wish to write it down. Just keep where you have written it entirely safe, secret, and hidden. Confirm this phrase on your device.
- Now, you will be able to create a wallet on your device following some simple prompts from your preferred hardware wallet.
- It may be simple, but with a bit of common-sense, paper wallets are still among the most secure.
- A paper wallet requires you to select a reputable paper wallet generator. BitAddress, for instance, is typically used for Bitcoin paper wallet, while MyEtherWallet is used for Ethereum paper wallet.
- Since Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency, I’ll use BitAddress as an example.
- Go to BitAdress.
- Then, move your mouse until randomness gets to 100%.
- Click the “Paper Wallet” link. Choose the number of wallets you want. For most people, this will just be one but it’s good to have the option for more.
- Click “Generate”, the symbol is of a paper wallet.
- Print your wallet.
- That’s it, your paper wallet is open and ready for transactions.
Crypto Betting FAQs
Yes, many betting sites allow you to bet on your favourite sports using a wide variety of cryptocurrencies. If you are unsure of whether crypto sports betting is accepted on a bookmaker, check out their payments page for more details.
Bitcoin is the most popular crypto betting option, but many others are available, such as Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Dogecoin.
The process of betting with crypto is a simple one that involves buying cryptocurrencies, putting them in a wallet, transferring that money to a relevant betting account, and then betting with them as normal. You can find more detailed information on this page.
Yes. While there are always security considerations, betting with cryptocurrencies can be even safer than betting with fiat currencies.
Yes, cryptocurrencies may be available as part of promotions and may even have exclusive bonuses.
The legality of gambling and cryptocurrencies generally depends on the individual jurisdiction. However, it is broadly legal in many countries, including the UK.
Simply go to a trusted crypto exchange and purchase crypto much like you would anything else online, and then transfer that crypto to a wallet to be used for betting.
There is no objectively best crypto betting exchange site; however, we can recommend Vave, Trust Dice, BC.GAME, Cloudbet, Rolletto, FortuneJack, Jackbit, and Mystake as those we consider to be the finest available right now.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
If you were interested in crypto sports betting but had some doubts holding you back, we hope that our guide has shown that most people’s concerns are unfounded. Crypto betting is now mainstream, uncomplicated, and can be easily used alongside your traditional accounts. Perhaps, most exciting of all is that we are only just getting started in seeing what crypto betting can offer.
While cryptocurrencies have been around for a while, it’s only recently that their versatility appears to have become broadly utilised, including within the gambling industry. We hope that as time goes on, we will see many more sports betting crypto options.