Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. Read on to learn more about this esport, along with the best Overwatch betting variants, tips and predictions, the most popular Overwatch tournaments, and much more!
Overwatch Betting Tips and Strategies
When placing a bet on an Overwatch betting market, you should always do your research first. We've compiled some factors that you should always take into consideration before punting:
- Go through all the odds on offer at several betting sites before placing a bet, as well as perusing official Overwatch rankings, past match results, past tournament results, and team form guides, among other statistical insights. This information will enable you to judge how a team may fare in an upcoming tournament, and how it has performed in past tournaments. That being said, never rely on rankings alone, as some teams can surprise you on the day.
- Play Overwatch yourself to understand how the game works. This could give you an idea as to how players might react to certain in-game scenarios.
- Watch a few of your favourite teams playing Overwatch matches, on both friendly and professional levels. This will give you a chance to observe how a team goes about a match, the strategies they employ, and the roles that their various gamers play. For example, since Supports play a huge role in Overwatch, judging the quality of a team’s Supports could help you determine the winner of a match.
- Live stream Overwatch matches as much as you can and for as long as the match endures. Twitch and YouTube are great live streaming platforms, as are betting sites like bet365 and Luckbox. Live streaming can help you ride the momentum of a match and bet accordingly.
Best Betting Sites for Overwatch Betting in 2023
This offer is not only eligible for those who place their first deposit, but can also be used later on. Bonus money must be wagered to 10 times its value before the bonus or any winnings from it can be withdrawn. For example, if you deposit £10 and get £10 bonus, you must bet a total of £100 on markets with odds higher than 1.5 before it’s released for withdrawal. This applies to each bonus amount separately. You have 14 days to complete wagering after each bonus is credited, otherwise the bonus money plus any winnings from it will be removed from your balance. The offer is limited to one per household.
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. #ad
T&Cs apply. New players only. Qualifying bet(s) must have minimum odds of 3/1 and must be settled before triggering free bet. Free Bet must be used on an accumulator with 3 or more selections. 18+. begambleaware.org.
18+. New customers using Promo code R30 only. Min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 3x £10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment methods/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment, Overwatch is a multiplayer, first-person shooter video game. Following the cancellation of Blizzard's online role-playing video game ‘Titan‘, the company came up with the concept of Overwatch, which emphasises coordination and teamwork.
Released in May 2016, Overwatch comes with a diverse range of heroes and exciting gameplay. The game has won several awards and is one of the most popular video games of all time, now having over 50 million players.
Nearly 11 million people watched the Overwatch League Grand Finals in 2019.
Set 60 years into our planet’s future, Overwatch features a choice of 32 heroes in three class types (Tank Heroes, Damage Heroes, and Support Heroes). Each Hero comes with a unique set of skills and abilities:
- Tank Heroes can withstand extensive damage and have a high number of Hit Points.
- Damage Heroes deal the largest damage to opponents, but come with the lowest Hit Points when compared to Tank Heroes and Support Heroes.
- Support Heroes assist their teammates by healing them and ‘debuffing’ opponents, making them more vulnerable to attacks.
An Overwatch match consists of 2 teams of 6 players each. Players must coordinate with their teammates to defend Control Points or to escort a payload across a Map in a limited amount of time, with one team attacking and the other defending. The game comes with a variety of Game Modes, including recent updates that allow players to get creative by making use of a limited set of scripting tools.
Popular Overwatch Betting Variants
Predict the winner of an Overwatch tournament.
Predict the winner of an Overwatch match.
Predict the winner of a Map for an Overwatch match.
This bet involves handing a weaker Overwatch team a Map-based advantage while handing a stronger Overwatch team a Map-based disadvantage.
Let's imagine that the Shanghai Dragons have been handed a Map Handicap of -1.5 (2/5), while Seoul Dynasty have been handed a Map Handicap of +1.5 (7/4). This means that the Shanghai Dragons must win the match by a margin of 2 or more Maps, while Seoul Dynasty must either win the match or lose by just the one Map, in order for you to win your bet.
Predict the total number of Maps that will be played by both Overwatch teams during a match (Cumulative), Over/Under a number as specified by the betting site you have bet with.
Popular Overwatch Tournaments
The Overwatch League is organised by Blizzard Entertainment and consists of 20 competing teams and a prize pool of 5,000,000 USD. The League consists of a regular season and a set of playoffs. Each team plays 28 matches during a regular season, and the 12 teams who qualify go on to the Playoffs stage of the tournament.
Overwatch World Cup
The Overwatch World Cup consists of a team each from South Korea, Canada, China, France, the United States, the United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, and the Netherlands, for a total of 10 competing teams.
Also organised by Blizzard Entertainment, this tournament consists of a Group Stage followed by a set of Playoffs. The prize pool amounts to 90,000 USD.
Overwatch Tournaments 2021 Schedule
Best Overwatch Players of All Time
Upcoming Sporting Events
Overwatch Betting FAQs
Two of the best esports betting sites are bet365 and Luckbox.
These would be Match Odds, Total Maps, Map Handicap, and Map Winner.
The most popular tournaments are the Overwatch League and the Overwatch World Cup.
The best Overwatch player ever is Saebyeolbe (Jong-ryeol Park) from South Korea.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
We recommend availing yourself of all the Overwatch betting tips and strategies we've compiled in this guide. If you'd like further guidance, be sure to check our esports tips on how to boost your chances of winning at esports, along with our list of the best esports betting sites. Finally, don't miss our in-depth esports betting guide for beginners!