The Counter-Strike: Global Offensive ESL Pro League is one of the most popular and competitive online gaming tournaments in the world. Here, we break down all you need to know about CS:GO ESL Pro League betting, providing a thorough look at odds and strategies for your wagers along with other key details regarding the tournament.
- CS:GO ESL Pro League – Tournament Structure
- Best Betting Sites for CS:GO ESL Pro League Betting 2023
- CS:GO ESL Pro League Betting – Odds, Tips & Predictions
- Popular Bets for CS:GO ESL Pro League Betting
- CS:GO ESL Pro League – 2022 Schedule
- CS:GO ESL Pro League – History
- CS:GO ESL Pro League – Past Winners
- CS:GO ESL Pro League – Key Stats
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
CS:GO ESL Pro League – Tournament Structure
The CS:GO ESL Pro League consists of 24 competing teams. There are 14 Partner Teams that are a permanent part of the tournament; the other 10 sides in the competition are invited into the league based on their ESL World Ranking or if they have qualified through regional tournaments. As a result, there is blend of experience and inexperience among the ranks, making for compelling competition over the month of action.
The system changed after Season 12, compiling 24 teams into one major competition rather than separate tournaments based in North America and Europe. Season 15 of the CS:GO ESL Pro League was scheduled to be played in Malta, but was shifted to Germany.
Each of the 24 competing teams are divided into 4 groups of 6 teams each. Each team plays against the other once in a round-robin format, with all matches contested on a best-of-three basis. Group winners qualify for the quarter-finals, while the second and third-placed teams in each group proceed to play in the Round of 12, from which four teams join the four sides already through to the last eight.
The remaining eight sides in the competition are whittled down in the quarter-finals and the semi-finals before only two teams remain. Those two sides compete in the Grand Final, which differs from the rest of the tournament and is a best-of-five contest.
Best Betting Sites for CS:GO ESL Pro League Betting 2023
18+. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
This offer is not only eligible for those who place their first deposit, but can also be used later on. Bonus money must be wagered to 10 times its value before the bonus or any winnings from it can be withdrawn. For example, if you deposit £10 and get £10 bonus, you must bet a total of £100 on markets with odds higher than 1.5 before it’s released for withdrawal. This applies to each bonus amount separately. You have 14 days to complete wagering after each bonus is credited, otherwise the bonus money plus any winnings from it will be removed from your balance. The offer is limited to one per household.
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. #ad
T&Cs apply. New players only. Qualifying bet(s) must have minimum odds of 3/1 and must be settled before triggering free bet. Free Bet must be used on an accumulator with 3 or more selections. 18+. begambleaware.org.
18+. New customers using Promo code R30 only. Min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 3x £10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment methods/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 50 Bonus Spins credited on placement of qualifying Acca bet.50x bonus wagering applies as do weighting requirements, bonus Spins only available on selected games and expires 7 days after being awarded. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). 18+. Full T&Cs apply. . Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Only available to new, verified customers residing in the UK. Place a first ever sports bet (£10 min. stake; single or multiple bets: min. odds 1.4). Get 2x£5 in free sports bets, £10 in bonus money at Casino and 20 free spins (£0.10 per spin) on eligible NetEnt Slots. Payment method restrictions apply. 18+ Please gamble responsibly. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
CS:GO ESL Pro League Betting – Odds, Tips & Predictions
The top esports betting sites offer highly valuable odds for CS:GO ESL Pro League betting, whether you are placing an outright bet on the winner of the tournament or selecting a team to back in an individual match.
There is a variety of Counter-Strike betting markets available when betting on a single match, including the result of the contest, correct score and handicap options. Below are some of the latest odds that are available for group winners and the outright winner of the CS:GO ESL Pro League.
Group A Winner
Group B Winner
Group C Winner
Group D Winner
Outright CS:GO ESL Pro League Winner
CS:GO ESL Pro League Betting – Tips & Predictions
- Finding Value – For CS:GO ESL Pro League betting, it is vital that you find value for your odds across the market. Loyalty to one betting site is a nice gesture, but you must look for the optimum price you can across the litany of bookmakers now offering wagering markets on esports betting. Doing so helps build a picture of the leading teams in the CS:GO ESL Pro League and how they are viewed by bookies in general. This knowledge can make the difference between a successful and failed wager.
- Consider your markets – There are a number of CS:GO ESL Pro League betting markets to consider, such as betting on the outright winners of the tournament and of individual matches. However, there are also nuanced bets based on maps and handicap options. We advise that you start with simpler, more straightforward bets until you get accustomed to watching and wagering on CS:GO ESL Pro League matches. It is only then that you will know what to look out for regarding more sophisticated betting options, which you can find at the bet365 esports section.
- Read the stats – Betting sites now carry ample information that allow you to look at the statistics of teams and players before placing a CS:GO ESL Pro League bet. You should have a decent background knowledge of the teams involved in a contest before you place a wager. Consider their form over the course of the season or their record against a particular team before lodging your stake – such statistical insights can be the very sort of esports tips which could lead to success.
- Take in the action – You will want to familiarise yourself with all of the CS:GO ESL Pro League teams before you consider staking your cash on one of them to win. Viewing matches gives you a clearer picture of how these teams operate, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses, as well as the attributes of their players. You may even notice a key fact that the bookies may have overlooked, which could be useful down the line for a future bet. There are ample ways to watch matches online, with streaming options available on at not only betting sites, but also platforms such as Twitch.
- Gameplay – The Pistol Round (First Round) of either Half of a Map in question is of considerable importance, as the winner of the Pistol Round more often than not wins the first Three Rounds of a Map Half. Understanding the complexities of the contest is a vital factor when placing CS:GO ESL Pro League bets. Certain types of match will favour different teams, so your background knowledge will come to the fore when wagering on these select markets.
- In-play wagering – Live streaming ESL matches is also recommended, as this will enable you to ride the momentum of a CS:GO match and place a bet accordingly. By watching the action unfold, you could be first to the notice a particular trend that may allow you to capitalise on the in-play betting odds that are available. If you see a certain price and market that you like based on your opinion from matching the game, it could end up be a fruitful option.
- History – Fnatic and Astralis are the most successful sides in the competition, having won three titles during their tenures in the CS:GO ESL Pro League. Astralis took home the prize for Season 12 (Europe) to pull level with Fnatic, who had won the crown in Season 11 (Europe). Team Liquid have two titles to their name following their win of Season 11 (North America), but it was FURIA Esports who won Season 12 (North America). When the league was reorganised into one major tournament in Season 13 rather than regional action, Danish outfit Heroic defeated Gambit Nation from the Russian Federation. Last term, Natus Vincere was victorious over Team Vitality, claiming the crown for the first time.
- Predictions – Fnatic are a strong outfit, and will be determined to bounce back after a disappointing campaign in season 14 where they were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Natus Vincere have looked formidable in the defence of their crown, and will be looking to be become only the third team to win successive titles. NIP could also be worth keeping an eye on after a bright start to the term, with new head coach Daniel “djL” Narancic at the helm. Meanwhile, Heroic reached the semi-finals last season, falling narrowly short of two-straight finals appearances. Look out for the Danish outfit due to the strength of their line-up.
Popular Bets for CS:GO ESL Pro League Betting
This CS:GO ESL Pro League betting option is fairly straightforward, requiring you to predict the winner of the CS:GO ESL Pro League from the teams that are taking part. The best time to look at these odds will be before the start to the season, at which point you will have the largest prices available. As the action commences, the odds will move to reflect the results in the competition. You can also find value when the season is in mid-flow, especially if a strong team were to have a bad start to the competition or if the bookies are slow to react to the rise of an underdog. Ensure you look around all the leading betting sites before committing to a wager to find the best price.
Here, you need to predict the winner of a CS:GO ESL Pro League match to win your bet. Before using this market, you should look at the ranking and form of the two sides involved in the contest to judge which team to back. The odds will be reflected on the basis of their form and other variables. Incidents such as an absence of a key member of a team could change the value of these prices, so it is worth looking at the team news and statistics before lodging a bet on the Match Winner market.
This bet involves handing the stronger team a Maps-based disadvantage, while handing the weaker team a Maps-based advantage.Imagine a match between Fnatic and Natus Vincere. Fnatic is handed a Handicap of -1.5, while Natus Vincere is handed a Handicap of +1.5. For you to win a placed bet on Fnatic, they must win by a margin of 2 or more Maps.For you to win a placed bet on Natus Vincere, they must either win the match or lose by a single Map. Group and early knockout matches in the CS:GO ESL Pro League follow a best-of-three maps format, while the final is a best-of-five contest. This is worth bearing in mind before lodging your bet.
Predict the total number of Maps that will be contested in a CS:GO ESL Pro League match, Over/Under a number specified by a betting site.
Each Map of a CS:GO ESL Pro League match comes with two Halves of Fifteen Rounds each. Each team plays one Half of a Map as a Terrorist and the other Half as a Counter-Terrorist.This bet requires you to predict the total number of rounds that will be contested in due course of a Map, Over/Under a number specified by a bookmaker.
The First Round of each Half of a Map is the Pistol Round. While this is not a guarantee, the Winner of a Pistol Round usually goes on to Win the first Three Rounds of a Map Half in question.This bet requires you to predict whether either of two competing teams in a CS:GO ESL Pro League match will win the First Round of each Half of a Map.
CS:GO ESL Pro League – 2022 Schedule
CS:GO ESL Pro League Season 15 (24 teams)
10th November 2021 – 3rd April 2022
2022 CS:GO ESL Season 15 Overview Schedule
Matchday 1 30th March – 3rd April
Matchday 2 16th March – 20th March
Matchday 3 23rd March – 27th March
Matchday 4 30th March – 3rd April
CS:GO ESL Pro League – History
- The first season of the CS:GO ESL Pro League took place in 2015. The EPL consists of teams from four regions: Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Oceania, with two tournaments taking place each year.
- Comprising multiple regionalised leagues since its initiation, the CS:GO ESL Pro League Season 11 was the first tournament in EPL history that saw the introduction of Partner Teams, and a transition to a single Global League.
- The number of Partner Teams has expanded over the past two seasons, rising to 14 sides that earn automatic qualification to the CS:GO ESL Pro League.
- The ESL Pro League is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, and comes with a prize pool of $850,000. The Winner of the Grand Final takes home $175,000 in trophy money, which is split based on finishing position after the winner takes the significant haul. The runner-up receives $70,000, while the two losing semi-finalists collect $35,000 each. Each team in the competition receives a portion of cash, with the bottom-ranked sides receiving the least with $6,000.
CS:GO ESL Pro League – Past Winners
|Season 14||Natus Vincere||Team Vitality||2021|
|Season 13||Heroic||Gambit eSports||2021|
|Season 12 EU||Astralis||Natus Vincere||2020|
|Season 12 NA||FURIA Esports||100 Thieves||2020|
|Season 11 EU||Fnatic||Mousesports||2020|
|Season 11 NA||Team Liquid||Evil Geniuses||2020|
|Season 9||Team Liquid||G2 Sports||2019|
|Season 8||Astralis||Team Liquid||2018|
|Season 7||Astralis||Team Liquid||2018|
|Season 6||SK Gaming||FaZe Clan||2017|
|Season 5||G2 Sports||North||2017|
|Season 4||Cloud9||SK Gaming||2016|
|Season 3||Luminosity Gaming||G2 Sports||2016|
|Season 2||Fnatic||Natus Vincere||2015|
CS:GO ESL Pro League – Key Stats
- The ESL Pro League is the premier CS:GO-based tournament in the world, with Season 11 seeing a peak concurrent viewership of 489,120, and Season 12 a peak concurrent viewership of 627,605.
- Fnatic and Astralis are the two most successful teams in the ESL Pro League history, each winning three titles. Team Liquid are next on the list with two crowns. Fnatic also happen to be the most consistent team in ESL Pro League history, having reached four Grand Finals and winning three of them.
- Natus Vincere have suffered the most Grand Final defeats without winning the competition (two) until finally securing the ESL Pro League title in Season 14.
- Astralis have spent the most time as the top ranked side in the ESL World Rankings, spending 584 days at the summit.
Upcoming Sporting Events
CSGO ESL Pro League Betting 2022 FAQs
The CS:GO ESL Pro League features 24 teams that represent four continents across the globe.
The CS:GO ESL Pro League is played in a different location in every season. Season 15 will be played in Germany.
There are two CS:GO ESL Pro League tournaments played annually.
Yes. There are various in-play CS:GO ESL Pro League betting options available at the top wagering sites.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
The CS:GO ESL Pro League is the most popular CS:GO-based tournament in the world, unsurprisingly coming with great fanfare as it brings together teams from four regions.
When it comes to CS:GO ESL Pro League betting, you'd be wise to keep in mind all the betting tips and strategies we've outlined in this article. We recommend bet365 and Luckbox as the best betting sites for this event, as they offer a great variety of betting markets and options.
If you're new to all of this, our beginner's guide to esports betting could just be what you're looking for to get started!