We are heading on out to the ball game with this extensive guide on MLB betting, which not only tells you how to make the most of your baseball bets, but also shows you what operators are best to place them with.
Table of Contents
- Best MLB Betting Sites UK
- Introducing MLB Betting
- MLB Season 2021
- A Closer Look At Our Favourite MLB Baseball Betting Sites
- MLB Betting Terminology
- What Are Some Of The Most Popular MLB Betting Markets?
- Baseball Betting Tips: Making The Most of MLB Betting
- Ultimate MLB FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers only. Place a bet of £10 or more as your first bet and we will give you £10 when the bet settles. Bonus funds must be rolled over once at odds of 2.0. Maximum refund is £10. This offer is only available to users who deposit with credit or debit cards. 18+. T&C's apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New customers only. Expires 28/02/22. Qualifying bet £10 on any sports double within 48 hours of registration - Min odds 1.7 per selection. Max free bet £10 to be used at odds 1.7 and above per selection. Free bets expire after 7 days. 18+ BeGambleAware. Full terms apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 35x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• Stake £10+ on any of our wide range of sports • Get a £20 Free Bet bonus, made up of 2x £10 Free Bets • Get your first £10 Free Bet upon qualifying bet settlement • After your first £10 Free Bet has been settled, the remaining £10 Free Bet will then be credited to your account #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Deposit methods, Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
T&Cs: New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms below. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus £10 Game Show Bonus, selected games, wager 40x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New UK & NI customers only. promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet of £10+ in one bet transaction, at odds of Evens (2.0) +. settled within 60 days. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets credited within 48 hours of bet settlement, 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Max 60 Free Spins on Justice League Comics. 7-day expiry.Full T&Cs apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
1. Once the bonus is credited to your account, losses will be refunded up to the bonus amount. 2. You must deposit at least the qualifying deposit of £20 (or currency equivalent) in a single amount with your first deposit to be eligible for the rebate. 3. To withdraw rebated funds, you must bet at least the qualifying deposit on any combination of markets within the promotional period; otherwise rebated funds will be forfeited. 4. Unused bonuses expire after seven days of being credited to a user account and will be removed after this period. 5. Users making their first deposit by Skrill, Neteller, PayPal or a virtual/prepaid card will not qualify for this promotion. 6. The sign up offer is strictly limited to one per individual, family, household address, email address, same payment account number, and shared computer. 7. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other sign-up promotion. 8. Smarkets standard terms for promotions apply. #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New Customer Offer - Open to new accounts only. Deposit £20 and turnover your deposit five (5) times on the Sportsbook - trebles and accumulators (with three or more selections only), minimum odds each selection 1/2 (1.50) - and you’ll receive a £20 Free Bet. Additional deposits may be required in order to fulfil the turnover conditions, which must be met within 90 days of depositing. Bets placed using Free Bets or Bonus funds, or bets that have been Cashed Out, do not count towards turnover requirements. The Free Bet will expire seven days after being credited and can only be placed as a win only single bet on the Sportsbook. Free Bet stake not included in returns. #ad
Introducing MLB Betting
Major League Baseball is the top-level league in professional baseball. For the UK or European readers who might not quite understand just how immensely popular the game is, consider that it is the second wealthiest sport in the world despite overwhelmingly only taking place in the United States. Two teams of 26 players try to score runs over nine innings, with the key contest coming down to the skills of the batter and the pitcher.
Understanding The Basic Of Betting On Baseball
The rules of baseball betting are essentially pretty simple. While there are nuances to MLB tips, the basics of betting on baseball are largely the same as any other sport, finding bookmakers who carry Major League Baseball games isn’t an issue at all. In fact, you are more likely to be spoiled for choice.
Put simply, you register or sign in to your preferred online bookmaker (choosing licensed only is of course fundamental to baseball betting tips), deposit your funds, pick your market, pick your stakes, place your bet and hope for the best. So what’s the problem?
Clearing Up Odds Confusion
What became clear during our research for baseball betting is that many people did not understand the odds presented and in particular, some of the terminology used. The odds issue is quite simple. Because this is an American sport, odds are often presented in their traditionally American form. We’re going to use an example to explain exactly how these work.
This is an example from bet365. This may look confusing if you are used to fractional or decimal odds but in reality, they are simply different ways of saying the exact same thing. They tell you both the return you will receive from your stake as well as your implied odds.
In this case, it would suggest that the Detroit Tigers have a 44.4% implied probability of winning. It would also suggest that the Philadelphia Phillies have a 59.2% chance of winning. The minus sign always suggests the favourite, and the plus sign suggests the underdog. Further solidifying this point are the returns. If you were to bet £5 on the Detroit Tigers and win, you would receive £11.25 back. Bet the same amount on the Philadelphia Phillies and win, you get £8.44 back. Understanding these core concepts are as vital as any other baseball betting tips.
If you want to be able to understand how these calculations are done manually, check out our exclusive guide on betting odds. From a practical perspective though, you can usually convert them to whatever kind of odds you are most comfortable with, and if you do not, your returns will be made clear on the betting slip anyway.
With regards to the terminology used, we will be going into some detail on baseball betting specifics a little further down this article. But before that, let’s clear something up about baseball betting lines. Just remember that money lines and betting lines not only mean the same thing but also that they only refer to the odds given to the various markets. And that’s it, the odds and the name of the odds just look a little different because that is what is traditional for American markets. One vital part of MLB tips is not letting different terminology cloud your understanding.
In every other regard, betting on baseball is the same as wagering on any other sport, and thus terminology will have no further impact on our MLB betting tips today.
MLB Season 2021
The most recent instalment of the most premier event in baseball betting begins on April 1st and will end on October 3rd 2021 and it is set to be a historic and exciting one.
But not without scars from the crisis, with most venues being severely capped in terms of attendance. One piece of MLB betting news for instance is that The New York Yankees home stadium will only be allowed to hold up to 10% of their maximum attendance, to give but one example.
The impact this will have on the games remains to be seen. Some baseball betting tips today have suggested we may see less action paced games without the roar of the fans.
Also, key rule changes have been announced with doubleheaders being played as two seven-inning games and runners being placed on second base at the start of every half inning when games go into extra innings.
On top of that, you’ve got a season with plenty of contenders for MLB baseball betting tips and no runaway favourites meaning it’s also expected to be one of the most exciting seasons for many years from both a spectator and a bettor’s perspective. The broader the field the better it is for baseball betting strategy after all.
Will the Los Angeles Dodgers retain their well-deserved 2020 crown and prove that they belong in the top spot despite their winning season being cut short? Could the San Diego Padres finally cement their place as serious contenders after many years as underdogs? Could the most famous team in the sport, the New York Yankees, climb once more to baseball’s greatest mountaintop?
These questions have not yet been answered, with many MLB betting tips feverishly trying to work out the answers, but a couple of things are for certain, it is one for the history books, and this is one you will not want to miss. And those are some MLB baseball betting tips you can be sure of.
MLB 2021 Key Dates
It might not be among the most inventive MLB betting tips today, but make no mistake there is no more important MLB betting news than the key dates of the season. With that in mind, here is what you’ve got to look forward to.
April 1st – Opening day of the season
April 15th – Jackie Robinson Day
July 11th-13th 2021 – Major League Baseball Draft
July 13th – 1st All-Star Game takes place in Atlanta
July 25th – Hall of Fame Ceremony
3rd October – Expected End Of Season Date
The dates for the playoffs are not yet agreed upon. In 2020, game four of the world series took place on October 27th, as a point of reference, but this year’s dates are just speculation at this point. No baseball betting tips today can tell you those dates for sure, but once we get the latest MLB betting news, we will let you know.
This is a list of all the teams involved in the 2021 season and their respective divisions. Unless something drastic changes in MLB betting news, you can expect these to remain the same.
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Atlanta Braves
- Miami Marlins
- New York Mets
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Washington Nationals
- Chicago Cubs
- Cincinnati Reds
- Milwaukee Brewers
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Colorado Rockies
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- San Diego Padres
- San Francisco Giants
A Closer Look At Our Favourite MLB Baseball Betting Sites
There are no MLB tips more pressing than finding a bookmaker which works for you, that’s why alongside our top operators table we’ve provided additional details for you to find your perfect baseball betting match.
It is never a surprise to see bet365 topping any kind of best-of list whether it’s the finest football sites, the best promotions, or just all-around best betting sites out there. One of the reasons they are so successful is their market diversity is incredibly international, in other words, you don’t just expect sports that are relevant to English or European players. This, of course, makes them perfect for baseball betting markets. You’ll get an arguably unbeatable variety of markets here both concerning individual games as well as broader prop bets on the season, all adhering to that world-class odds quality that this operator is so well known for.
- Amazing market variety on baseball
- Consistently competitive odds
- Perfect all-rounder for those with broad tastes
- May need to go searching for some baseball markets, but they are there
- Really strong live experience
- Strong promotional options
- Easily stands up to industry juggernauts
- Aesthetic design might not suit everybody’s tastes
We talked about useability in our last pick and how immensely important that is. There’s few better in that regard than the ever-wonderful Unibet. Yes, you should find everything baseball betting related easy to find, understand and bet on, as is usually the case with this industry favourite. It’s a good thing too because Unibet is no slouch when it comes to MLB betting options, they even help explain how baseball betting works once again solidifying them as a top pick for casual users. Odds are as easy to understand and clearly presented as they are generous, and that is the case whether you are on a desktop or enjoying betting on one of their excellent mobile apps.
- Great mobile and desktop experience
- Crystal clear betting options
- Provides detailed info for newcomers
- Rarely dedicated promotions for baseball betting
One pick that surprised us with just how good they were in terms of baseball betting options was Mansionbet. Now, don’t misunderstand us, we know enough about this plucky operator to know that they are always going above and beyond what is expected of them. With that said even we were blown away by the sheer variety of baseball betting options here. In terms of seasonal bets, there were markets here that we could rarely find anywhere else. And of course, Mansionbet has the added benefit of just being a personality-filled joy to bet with in general, with great promotions and a rather fabulous casino, if you fancy a roulette spin between innings.
- Particular excellent for non-standard prop bets
- Markets open before many competitors
- Great casino for those looking for a multi-purpose option
- Again, looks may be polarising
At this point, shall we just say that it would appear that 888sport are good at pretty much everything? We’re certainly gathering ample evidence, with them excelling in pretty much every betting discipline we can think of. Baseball betting is no different, they benefit from 888sport’s marvellous selection of markets, aggressively competitive odds and wonderful live coverage. Odds boosts are also available across a wide variety of sports meaning you never know when you’ll get lucky on your favourite MLB betting markets. Of course, they are also one of the absolute finest when it comes to mobile betting apps as well. If there were only some promotions we could find dedicated to baseball, they may rank even higher.
- Business as usual brilliance from 888sport
- Regularly top-ranking odds
- One of the finest options for mobile users
- No dedicated baseball betting bonuses
6. William Hill
Our experience with William Hill and MLB betting was quite similar to what we found with Mansionbet. Of course, we would never expect low standards on anything from the historic and well respected William Hill, but, perhaps because of their place as one of the biggest names in British betting, we thought there was a chance baseball betting could be an afterthought. Not only was this far from the case, we found them to have a very unique selection of markets, and that they were especially good when it came to bets which cover results from the whole of the tournament. We suppose we should not have been surprised, they have been proclaiming themselves America’s top sportsbook for some time now, and it is clear that they intend to back that claim up.
- American audience means baseball betting gets the attention it deserves
- Excellent mobile experience on ios and Android
- Great season-long prop bets like MVP Winner and Home Run Leader
- They don’t excel as much when it comes to individual game market variety
While BetVictor might focus on some of the more popular markets and does not have the same level of niche opportunities as some others on this list, those who are content with the selection will find a lot to love here. Their sports welcome bonus is a generous one, you get £50 for a mere £5 bet at the time of writing, and it is available on baseball providing a great opportunity for newcomers who want to try their hand at baseball betting without huge stakes. And as we all know BetVictor provide a wonderful user-friendly experience and one of the finest mobile options anywhere. A few more left-field prop bets and this one could have gone even further up our list of favourites.
- Great for casual players
- Usability is world-class
- Welcome bonus is both generous and relevant
- Tends to focus on more mainstream MLB betting markets
Another classic British bookie that has used baseball betting to prove their international credentials, we could not be happier with Betfred’s deserved placement on this list. Aside from them just being an all-round fantastic bookmaker that we are always happy to see do well, we think it is important that operators move away from their comfort zone. There’s no better example of that than operator best known for horse racing betting and the Super League coverage doing exactly that. In addition to the surprisingly broad selection of markets, you will find there’s also plenty of promotions which, while not focused on baseball, can be utilised to great effect by MLB betting fans. None more so than their famous #pickyourpunt option, effectively making their potential market selection limitless, which makes for an awesomely broad MLB betting strategy. Not to mention their excellent acca insurance offer.
- Unexpectedly deep market selection
- Pickyourpunt further enhances those options
- A great addition to an already fantastic bookmaker
- Baseball betting not their primary focus
We’ve talked about the importance of research already, and, spoiler alert, it will also make up a vital part of our strategic considerations a little later in this article. With that said, for the more analytical among you, it is hard to say that any operator is better for baseball betting strategy than the uniquely wonderful Smarkets. We also, at least at the time of writing, found Betfair to not make the cut when it comes to MLB betting variety (but do note that could change closer to the events themselves) meaning that Smarkets is perfect for scratching that betting exchange itch. They are, of course, an acquired taste to an extent, but there are certainly people for whom Smarkets will be sheer baseball betting perfection and a vital addition to their baseball betting strategy. Speaking of MLB betting strategy, there are few more pertinent MLB baseball betting tips than utilising the incredible analytics available from Smarkets.
- Perfect for betting experts
- Amazing depth of coverage
- Betting exchange gives this a unique selling point
- Might put off casual bettors
They might not quite have the same level of pageantry as others on this list, but if you’re looking for substance over style when it comes to your baseball betting, Marathonbet could be the one for you. That isn’t to say they look bad, but perhaps a touch more business-like than some other options, especially those with as proud a casino as this. But, when you see the sheer number of betting options available it becomes clear that there’s little room for extra pizzazz with all this extra goodness. Baseball betting is just one beneficiary of this variety, with brilliant odds across a wide variety of markets, some of the very best in the business, as it happens. Marathonbet is all about what works, and believe us, this works.
- Balances a huge amount of betting options expertly
- Ranks close to the top on odds for many markets
- Fantastic statistical detail
- Marathonbet Sign Up Offer awarding new players with a £20 free bet
- Rather conservatively styled site and app
MLB Betting Terminology
Because baseball betting often has very specific terminology many people aren’t used to, to hear people talking about baseball betting can make you feel like you’ve fallen into a kind of parallel betting universe, where things look similar, but nothing is quite the same. Well, no need to be fret or let that impact your MLB betting strategy any longer, as all of that terminology is very simple when you break it down.
To help with your baseball betting strategy we have decided to go through the terminologies we get the most questions about so you can get into MLB betting without being confused by the lingo. We also have a general betting terminology guide, to complete your understanding of betting markets.
Remember that knowledge is all-important when it comes to all worthwhile MLB baseball betting tips.
- Betting Lines (Money line) – As discussed earlier, the betting line, or money line, is simply the terms of the bet. It can be converted into other odds, such as fractional or decimal. It tells you both the implied probability of the market as well as your potential returns. If you want to know how to read baseball betting lines use either a betting calculator or a bet slip.
- The points spread /Covering the spread – This is also known as handicap betting in European and Asian markets and it works largely the same way. This market aims to even out the difference between mismatched teams by providing markets where the favourite must win by a certain number of points while the underdog must only not lose by a specified number of points. Another quite common phrase is to “cover the spread”, which is when you have backed the favourites and they have not only won the game but have won it by enough points to make a point spread market bet on them successful.
- Run Lines – What is the run line in baseball betting? This is the terminology used in baseball betting for spread betting, the two are often used interchangeably for this sport.
- Chalk – Betting chalk simply means you are betting on the favourite.
- Futures bet – These are bets that are taking place in the future, generally more than a week away at a minimum. They are often used in baseball to refer to bets which are only settled at the end of the season.
- Line Maker – This is another term for the bookmaker, deriving from the term betting lines.
- Prop bet – A prop bet can be any type of bet which deviates from what you would expect as standard for baseball betting markets. Some, such as World Series Winner do count as prop bets but are still very common. Ultimately though the only limit is the imagination of the bookmaker. The best bet builder option means that you can even create your own prop bets.
- Vig – Also known as “juice” in American betting markets, this is known elsewhere as the “overround” and is the amount above 100% all possible converted odds come to. It represents the advantage the bookmaker has over the punters. The closer this is to 100%, the better the quality of your odds.
- Dime – A bet to win $1000.
- Dollar – Confusingly, in baseball betting terminology, this means to win $100.
- Dog – This is short for the underdog, which is donated by a + sign on the betting line.
What Are Some Of The Most Popular MLB Betting Markets?
Now you know where is best to bet and have gotten your head around how baseball betting works including a little bit of the lingo we’d say that it is probably time that we look at some of the most popular MLB betting market options available to you.
- Game Lines – We’ve already discussed and explained how to read baseball betting lines so we won’t repeat those points here. Simply put, they are your odds. No need to do the math as your bet slip should provide you with all the information you need.
- Run Line – Another one we hope you’re familiar with now, there’s little doubt that the run line, which is very similar to European handicap betting, is one of the most popular markets out there.
- Total Runs – MLB betting lends itself so well to over and under betting because it is such a high scoring sport with so much leeway in the potential final result. Total runs are perhaps the perfect example of this. The aim is simple, the bookmaker posits that the total number of runs will be over or under a certain amount, you predict which option you agree with and if you are correct, you win. Not only is this a really simple and easy way to play, but it also means you don’t have to back a team to win meaning no dilemmas between your heart and your head.
- American/National League winners – Before we get to the playoffs we have to crown American and National League winners across their respective divisions. This is a great microcosm of our next most popular market, and there are few prizes for guessing what that could be.
World Series Winner – Yes, our last pick is arguably the most exciting market of them all and that is the World Series Winner. This is just a fantastic way of getting invested in the whole tournament and can present some great betting opportunities as well, particularly if you get in early, as these things being so hard to predict leaves the bookmaker vulnerable.
What About Baseball Prop Bets
Betting on baseball is especially excellent for prop bets. There’s a couple of key different reasons for this, one, of course, is because the game simply has so many different facets to it. The deeper the sport is the more opportunities there are for bookmakers to get creative. In a single season alone, you have several divisions to bet on, 162 games and of course that coveted World Series final. You could also bet on the player of the year, rookie of the year, most home runs, most hits, most runs, saves, stolen bases and strikeouts. And these are just some off the top of our head.
There aren’t many limits and there are plenty of opportunities. Furthermore, bookmakers have every incentive to conjure up as many baseball betting markets as they can. This is an extremely popular sport, meaning fierce competition for your betting dollar (or pound, euro, or whatever is relevant to you). These two elements come together for an explosive betting selection.
Live Betting On Baseball
You’ll regularly find excellent live coverage alongside your baseball betting, even if it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be able to watch it live-streamed. Whether live streaming is possible comes down to who has the rights to show such events and that means that it is generally beyond the legal and logistical possibilities of the operator. However, the popularity of baseball means the best operators make up for that with graphics and statistics, with some doing a truly extraordinary job.
What Promotions Can I Expect From Betting On Baseball?
Of course, whether we’re talking about MLB betting tips today, tomorrow, or MLB tips in the future, promotions are always at the sole discretion of the bookmaker. In terms of promotions aimed specifically at the MLB season, the sky is the limit. You could get bet boosts, Acca insurance, free bets no deposit offers, money back or anything else that can add value to your bets.
Usually too, promotions that are available across sports generally as overwhelmingly available on baseball. This is perhaps most important of all, as so many of the best promotions out there are available generally. Which makes sense, as most operators want to reach as broad an appeal with their offers as possible. Whether it is a promotion aimed at all sports fans or just MLB betting fans, as long as there’s tangible value to be enjoyed, our baseball betting tips say go for it.
Baseball Betting Tips: Making The Most of MLB Betting
The depth of baseball betting is one of its greatest strengths. All of those different markets create so many opportunities that it may be difficult to know where to begin. There are a huge number of angles to consider, whether you want to focus on players, teams, or the whole season. If you follow each thread you could fill books with everything a person could learn to improve their MLB betting expertise. So, what we have decided to do here is pick five pieces of advice that we think can help everyone interested in baseball betting, from casual fans to experts, and no matter how you like to bet. A blueprint for baseball betting tips greatness if you will.
- Take advantage of the number of games played each season.
Research is the backbone of smarter betting. Understanding all those statistics is a vital part of baseball betting success. And indeed, all kinds of sporting success, that is why our algorithm system Kickform for soccer betting is such an important tool.
It does not extend to MLB betting predictions but that’s ok, because the massive number of games played against similar teams makes this sport one of the easiest to research. You can easily find detailed information not just about how each team has been playing recently, but also how well they have played against their upcoming opponents in recent years. It is an absolutely crucial baseball betting commodity you’d be crazy not to take advantage of.
- Know when to back the under market
We’ve talked about how great and popular over/under markets are for baseball betting. Not only that, but the over market specifically is extremely popular. The reasoning behind this is simple, when it comes to something like total runs people watch hoping for an exciting game, meaning a lot of runs. This means that it is not uncommon to find the under market with quite generous odds as a result of operators trying to balance their books. It is not always the case, but is absolutely something worth looking out for.
- Bet across the divisions!
There are six different divisions in Major League Baseball, there is an East, Central and West division across both the American and National League. With only five teams per division, it’s obvious why these teams can end up playing each other a dizzying number of times. Want help getting your head around them? Our baseball betting tips say you could always bet a little on each. Perhaps an accumulator with that idea in mind.
We’re not necessarily suggesting to bet a lot, of course, you should never bet more than you can afford to lose, but even a very small amount on each can provide a thread of interest across all corners of the season which can amplify your understanding of the sport tenfold. You can view it as a kind of research investment if all else fails.
- Take advantage of media hype
This piece of advice is similar in logic to what we gave with regards to the under market. When there is a heavy amount of betting one way it can lead to some excellent odds opportunities. In this case, over betting on one market can occur as a result of media hype. The media often works on sensationalism rather than reasoning, meaning they may suggest a result to be more likely than can be considered reasonable. If people are influenced by that, you end up with a surge of betting one way or another. If you think there is an opportunity against that grain, you could end up with some very favourable odds.
- Bet early on long term futures
At the start of a season, it can be extremely hard to predict how a tournament is going to go. This poses a problem for bookmakers, for whom accuracy is their business. Betting early on long term futures, like a World Series Winner, can provide some pretty sensational odds, especially for those of you looking for big returns at a lower stake.
Ultimate MLB FAQs
❓ When does the 2021 MLB betting season begin and end?
The regular season is scheduled to begin on April 1st and end on October 3rd.
⭕ Will the MLB betting season contain a regular number of games?
Yes, unlike the 2021 season which was cut short by the pandemic, the 2021 season is expected to have the usual 162 games.
✅ Is betting on Major League Baseball legal?
Yes. So long as the site is properly licensed. Although the online gambling laws in the USA can be convoluted, this does nothing to change the rules for betting on American sports.
❓ Are American odds different from fractional and decimal odds?
They might look different. For instance, 1/5 as fractional odds are -500 in American odds, but what they represent is exactly the same, which is both a shared implied probability and return. Baseball betting may use American odds, but they are nothing to fear.
💸 What is the money line?
This is simply an American term for the odds given to opposing markets, different terminology, same meaning.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
We’ve talked a lot about understanding betting on baseball and getting your head around different terminology and baseball betting strategy. But one thing we want to make clear before we go is that when we considered our top ten for MLB betting, how much enjoyment we felt you would get out of those sites was always at the forefront of our mind.
And of course, great odds, markets and betting opportunities are a big part of that, but you should never let strategic excellence be your only priority. Useability, for instance, and the ability to follow the sport and get us invested was just as important. Ultimately, we cannot guarantee winnings, but, if you keep within your limits and make fun your focus, you should be able to use baseball betting to consistently improve your enjoyment of this sport. In the end, we’d say that is the most important of all the baseball betting tips.