- A wide range of innovative betting products
- Comprehensive “Statistics & Live Scores” section
- An all-in-one Sportsbook, Casino and Poker app
- Click on the green “Create Account” button to register
- Fill in the required personal identification details
- Set a Daily, Weekly or Monthly Deposit Limit
- Upload proof of identity (POI) and proof of address (POA)
- Deposit and play at Betsafe after verification
- POI and POA may required upon first or subsequent withdrawals
You can choose to tick the box which confirms that you would like to receive information pertaining to bonuses and promotions via your registered contact details. Once you have correctly entered all of your personal details, you must click on the green “Create Account” button, and then the green “Get Started” button.
At this stage, you can choose to either deposit funds into your account, or go through Betsafe’s various offerings first. It must be noted that you cannot deposit funds into your Betsafe account until you have uploaded documents to prove your identity and address of residence.
If you click on the green “Deposit” button, you will be asked to upload the required documents, as can be seen from the above image. Once these documents have been verified, you can proceed to deposit and play at Betsafe. You may also be asked to submit these documents when you initiate your first withdrawal or subsequent withdrawals.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
- Several deposit methods available, including Debit Card, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard, Citadel and PayPal
- Minimum deposit amount is 10 GBP
- Debit Card service fee of up to 2.5% of the initiated deposit amount
- Deposits are processed instantly
- Withdrawals available via Debit Card, Neteller, Skrill and Bank Transfer
- Minimum withdrawal amount is 20 GBP
- POI and POA may required upon first or subsequent withdrawals
Deposits are processed instantly. When you reach the 2,000 EUR mark in deposits, you will be asked to provide POI and POA.
When it comes to withdrawing funds from Betsafe, you can withdraw via Debit Card, Neteller,Skrill, and Bank Transfer. The minimum withdrawal amount on offer at Betsafe is 20 GBP. Withdrawals are not associated with a service charge and are processed within 2-5 banking days.
- No sports-based welcome offer for UK customers
- Casino welcome offer upon registration
Deposits made via PayPal, Neteller and Skrill are not eligible. Certain terms and conditions apply.
- No current sports-based promotional offers
The lack of sportsbook promotions may be a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has effectively shut down almost all major sports events around the world.
Nevertheless, we hope that will this will change in the near future once things are back to normal.
Betsafe offers its customers a fantastic VIP Program. While you are not automatically instated as a VIP Member, Betsafe’s team regularly reviews customer accounts and betting activity, and invites the most active players to be a part of its VIP Program.
Once you are upgraded to a VIP Member, Betsafe’s team will be in constant touch. You must have at least one open communication channel in your marketing preferences. This will enable Betsafe’s team to contact you as early as possible with respect to the latest exclusive bonuses and promotional offers.
Betsafe’s VIP Program provides customers with a personal VIP Manager, as well as a dedicated VIP team which offers fast and efficient service, a reserved place at exclusive events, red-carpet treatment withdrawals, personalised offers, excellent rewards, personally crafted private tournaments and raffles.
- Competitve odds on over 20 sports
- Active betting markets
- Minimum wager of 0.10 GBP
- Maximum stake amount varies from sport to sport, selections and odds
Before punting on a betting site, you should always do your research first. While Betsafe does offer an excellent quality of odds, coupled with active betting markets, you should gauge the odds on offer at several betting sites and choose a betting site which is offering the best odds on the market of your choice.
Betting sites charge a margin of profit on placed bets called bookmaker’s margin. The larger this margin is, the lower your chances are of making a profit off a placed bet. You must punt on betting variants with a margin which is nearer to the 100% (Ideal mark), rather than betting variants with a margin which touches or exceeds the 110% mark.
You can calculate the margin that a bookmaker is charging by determining the Odds Overround for a betting variant. To determine the Odds Overround for a betting variant, you must convert all the fractional outcomes of a betting variant into the decimal form. Afterwards, divide all of these outcomes by 100 and add the resulting numbers together.
From the resulting number, you can determine the Odds Overround for that betting variant.
To help you understand this concept clearly, we have calculated the Odds Overround for a match to be contested between Ural Academy and Ural University in the Russian Ural League.
The Odds Overround were found to be 108.43, which indicates that Betsafe is offering an excellent quality of odds coupled with active betting markets. Although the odds seem to be on the higher side, this is taken for granted, as volleyball is a less popular sport in the betting world.
Betsafe is quite big on its esports offering, which is of no real surprise, given the fact that the world of esports has conjured quite a storm up late. Several esports tournaments take place on an annual basis, attracting millions of fans.
Betsafe offers odds on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, League of Legends, and King of Glory betting markets. Before punting on an esports market, you should go through statistical insights such as official team/player rankings, team/player form guides, past match results and past tournament results.
The minimum amount that you can wager on an esports-based market at Betsafe stands at 0.10 GBP. The maximum stake amount varies from esport to esport, and depends on the number of selections that you have made and the odds that you are backing.
Betsafe offers a good variety of betting markets when it comes to its Politics and Business, TV Events, and “Specials” offerings.
Regarding Politics and Business, Betsafe is currently offering odds on the US Presidential Election and UK Politics (time of writing: 05/2020).
When it comes to betting on TV Events, there are odds available on the Idol 2020 Winner, as well as the Winner of Britain’s Got Talent 2020.
The minimum amount that you can wager on a Special market at Betsafe stands at 0.10 GBP. The maximum stake amount varies from Special to Special, and depends on the number of selections that you have made and the odds that you are backing.
Cash Out and Bet Builder
Cash Out is a highly useful tool and a life-saver for many avid bettors. In a nutshell, Cash Out allows you to retrieve a portion of your placed stake, or more, throughout a match in-play. Cash Out is generally used when a punter feels that he may lose a particular match, or if he has already reaped a significant profit off a placed bet.
You could end up winning more or less than your initially placed stake. The amount of money that you receive via Cash Out depends on the exact instance of initiating a Cash Out, and the odds in favour of your placed bet at that point in time.
Bet Builder allows you to create a bet of your preference by combining up to 6 different outcomes and possibilities. To build a bet, you must click on the “Bet Builder” option which is present at the left-hand side of your screen, just above Betsafe’s main sports slider.
- A feature-laden live betting section
- “Statistics & Live Score” section available
- A vast selection of sports-based betting markets to punt on
- An equally varied offering of betting variants
- Cash Out and Bet Builder available (Up to 6 selections)
To access Betsafe’s live betting arena, click on the IN-PLAY BETTING option present on the betting site’s main navigation bar, towards the left-hand side of your screen. You will then see in-play matches at the centre of your screen. Click on an in-play match of your choice.
Betsafe also offers a live scorecard with second-by-second live updates, a visual representation of an ongoing match and an option to live stream select matches.
Players can also access a “Statistics & Live Score” section, as well as a section listing Popular Competitions on offer at the best site at that particular moment.
- Licensed and regulated by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC)
- SSL encrypted software to ensure security and transparency
All transactions that take place at Betsafe are secure.
As mentioned earlier, you cannot deposit funds into your Betsafe account until you upload and verify documents to prove your identity and address of residence.
Betsafe also provides a comprehensive Responsible Gambling section. To access the betting site’s “Responsible Gambling” centre, you must scroll down to the bottom of your screen. Apart from offering responsible gaming tools, Betsafe’s “Responsible Gambling” section also offers a wealth of information about how to bet safely and responsibly.
To control your gambling activity, you can set a Reality Check. A message will appear on your screen after 15 minutes – 2 hours, as per your set time frame, to remind you of how long you have been spending on the website.
If you feel that you need a break, you can temporarily deactivate your account via the Time Out feature for a duration of 1 day to 6 weeks. If you need a longer period away, you can choose the Self-Exclusion option to exclude yourself for a duration of 6 to 60 months.
Betsafe has also made it a point to ensure that your stored funds are separated from the cost it takes to run its various platforms. Your stored funds and personal information are safe from the reach and control of hackers and online fraud.
Betsafe has no control over you winning or losing a placed bet; all the numbers that are generated on Betsafe’s platform are the result of a random number generation procedure. All in all, Betsafe is secure, trustworthy, and transparent.
Service and Customer Support
- 24/7 customer service
- Customer support available via Email, Live Chat, and Phone
- “Help Centre” option available
As can be seen from the above image, you can search the betting site for pre-answered questions via the search bar which is present at the top of your screen.
If you would like to contact a Betsafe customer support representative via Email, you can send a message at email@example.com. While the typical response time is 30-60 minutes, you should receive a response within a day.
If you would rather talk to a customer support representative over the phone, you can click on the REQUEST A CALL BACK option which is present at the right-hand side of your screen. You should receive a response within 15-60 minutes.
Alternatively, you can access the Live Chat option at the left-hand side of your screen.
As can be seen from the above image, to initiate a Live Chat, you must first enter your full name, your email address, your date of birth, your home address, the product with respect to which you have a query and the subject of your query.
After you have entered the above-mentioned details, click on the red “Start Chat” button. You should be connected to a customer support representative within 30 seconds.
Design and Usability
- A colour palette comprising pitch black, and red, with a hint of white
- All major options of interest are present on Betsafe’s homepage
- “BLOG” section available with plenty of useful betting information
Their blog is also worth checking out – it contains some useful betting tips, strategies, betting markets, innovative tips, match predictions and interesting insights.
- A fantastic all-in-one Sportsbook, Casino, Live Casino and Poker app
- iOS users can download the app via App Store
- Android users must download the app from Betsafe’s website
Betsafe’s app offers better graphics when compared to its desktop counterpart, as well as easy navigation with readily available options of access, live updates of popular events, an option to live stream select sports matches and sports highlights – all at the click of a button!
Betsafe’s app allows you to bet on the go, without having to make use of your desktop computer system or your laptop.
However, if you do not want to download the app, or if you do not have sufficient space on your mobile phone, you can use Betsafe’s mobile-friendly website instead. Simply open the betting site via a browser on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Casino, Live Casino, Poker, and Virtual Sports available
- Fantastic Casino welcome offer
- Poker option comes with Tutorial Videos, a School of Information, and a Poker Loyalty Points System
Betsafe’s Casino section offers thousands of casino games, including over 1,500 Slots and over 100 Jackpots. Our favouritesinclude MEGA MOOLAH AbsoLootly MaD and MYSTERY REELS, among others.
The betting site’s Live Casino section comes with Live Roulette, Blackjack, Poker, Baccarat, Slots, and Game Shows. Betsafe’s Virtual Sports section offers Betting on virtual Football, Tennis, Basketball, Horse Racing, and Greyhound Racing–based Virtual Sports.
Upon registering at the betting site, you can choose one of three possible Casino welcome offers. There is no wagering requirement. Deposits made via PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill do not qualify.
If you deposit and play through 25-99 GBP on Starburst, Moonshine Riches, Jumanji, Book of Dead, and/or Bonanza, you will receive 25 Wager-free Cash Spins on Starburst. If you deposit and play through 100-199 GBP on the same games, you will receive 100 Wager-free Cash Spins, and if you deposit and play through 200 GBP, you will receive 200 Wager-free Cash Spins. Each Cash Spin is worth 0.10 GBP.
The winnings from your Cash Spins will be available as withdrawable cash. You cannot withdraw the winnings that you reap off your deposit amount until or unless you have used all of your Cash Spins. If you do so, your remaining Cash Spins will be forfeited.
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Having gone through each of Betsafe’s offerings in detail, we have come to the conclusion that Betsafe is an excellent choice for UK customers. While Betsafe does have a few minor cons, its pros clearly outweigh them.
Let’s go through the betting site’s cons:
- There is no sports-based welcome offer for customers residing in the United Kingdom, at the time of writing.
- The betting site does not offer any sports-based promotional offers either. Given the betting site’s stature in the betting industry, the number of payment options and Special-based markets that it has available is limited.
- Betsafe’s VIP Program is on a selective basis, rather than being available to all.
With that, let’s recap Betsafe’s pros:
- The registration process ensures that only authentic users are accepted to the betting platform.
- Betsafe has an excellent live betting arena, active betting markets and a good quality of associated odds.
- Bet Builder and Cash Out tools are both available.
- You can gauge statistics and live scores via the Statistics & Live Score section.
- There is a great blog section with lots of useful information and tips for players.
- Betsafe offers great responsible gambling tools, an excellent all-in-one Sportsbook, Casino, Live Casino, and Poker app and several other products.
All in all, Betsafe has several wonderful features, and is secure, trustworthy, and transparent.