Part of the PGA Tour, the Rocket Mortgage Classic is an annual event that is held in Detroit, USA. Despite being one of the newest events on the tour – having first been introduced in 2019, Rocket Mortgage Classic betting is already very popular. Let's find out all there is to know about this tournament below!
- Tournament Structure for Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Rocket Mortgage Classic Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
- 5 Reasons To Bet on Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Betting Sites With Rocket Mortgage Classic Live Streaming
- Popular Rocket Mortgage Classic Betting Markets
- History of Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Similar Tournaments to Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Upcoming Sporting Events
- Rocket Mortgage Classic Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
Tournament Structure for Rocket Mortgage Classic
As with all PGA Tour tournaments, the Rocket Mortgage Classic lasts four days. Play takes place at the Detroit Golf Club in Detroit, Michigan, USA.
On each day of the tournament, the players will need to complete a round of eighteen holes. The fewer shots they take getting around the course, the better. This is because each hole is allocated a par score, which, ideally, the players will shoot under. The bigger the negative score is, the higher up the leader board the player will climb.
After two days of play, a cut is formed to trim the size of the field down for the last two days of play. The players that make the cut will continue into the weekend, while the golfers that miss the cut will be eliminated. After play has concluded on the Sunday, the player with the highest below par score will be deemed the winner.
If there are players that finish the tournament on the same score, a playoff will take place to find a champion of this $7.5 million event.
Top Table – Best Betting Sites for Rocket Mortgage Classic Betting
18+. New customers using Promo code R30 only. Min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 3x £10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment methods/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. £20 in FREE Bets (FB) as £10 in sports bets & a £10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. FB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept £10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable £100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
18+ New UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Rocket Mortgage Classic Odds, Betting Tips, Promotions & Predictions
The Rocket Mortgage Classic 2022 is scheduled to get underway on Thursday July 28 and finish on Sunday July 31. Taking place at the Detroit Golf Club in Detroit, Michigan, the tournament itself is the first PGA Tour event in history to be held entirely within the city limits of Detroit.
Rocket Mortgage Classic Betting Odds 2022
Rocket Mortgage Classic 2022 – Outright Winner Odds
Rocket Mortgage Classic Betting Tips & Predictions 2022
- The PGA Tour is fast approaching the home straight as there are just two more events before the much-anticipated FedEx Cup playoffs gets underway. The top 125 players will qualify for the FedEx Cup playoffs, and those lucky enough to cement a spot will be given a two-year exemption from the Tour, so it is well worth fighting for.
- Back to the present day, and Tony Finau will be buoyed by his stunning come-from-behind victory at the 3M Open last weekend. Going into the final round, Scott Piercy had a five-stroke cushion at the top of the leader board, but he squandered it as Finau put his foot firmly on the gas to card a four-under-round of 67 at TPC Twin Cities.
- This week, the Rocket Mortgage Classic takes centre stage, and to a certain extent, it boasts a stronger field than the 3M Open. On the betting front, a good place to start in the outright market is to look at Patrick Cantlay. The American, who has already clocked up seven career PGA Tour titles, is a good frontrunner. Once he is in the groove, he is very hard to reel in. Currently, ranked sixth in the FedEx Cup standings, Cantlay is the highest player teeing it up at the Rocket Mortgage Classic.
- The Detroit Golf Club could provide plenty of rewards as it possesses plenty of birdie opportunities on the front nine. Cantlay is a smooth operator, and it would not be a surprise to see him shoot low this week. Currently, he is trading at the 8/1 mark with most leading bookmakers – which just seems too good a price to ignore, so he could end up in the winner′s circle.
- Despite registering his third PGA Tour title, winning has not come easily to Finau. Stepping into the winner
Rocket Mortgage Classic Betting Promotions 2022
- One great way to bet on the Rocket Mortgage Classic is to take advantage of the offer by BetVictor when betting £10 to get £40 and 100 free spins in return.
- Alternatively, you could enjoy up to £100 in free bets, which Betfair are offering.
5 Reasons To Bet on Rocket Mortgage Classic
- All of the top golfers of the world will be on show.
- The tourney carries a purse of $7.5 million.
- It is one of the newest events on the PGA Tour.
- It is also one of the most exciting.
- Rocket Mortgage Classic is part of the Open Qualifying Series.
Betting Sites With Rocket Mortgage Classic Live Streaming
Popular Rocket Mortgage Classic Betting Markets
Golf is one of the most popular sports to bet on because the size of the fields, which often means that there are great value odds for even the best players – whereas in other sports, the favourites will often be short-priced.
Also, the very nature of the game creates a lot more betting markets than many other sports. It doesn’t matter if we are talking about the four majors – US Masters, PGA Championship, US Open, Open Championship – or a team event such as the Ryder Cup, there is always something decent to bet on.
We have listed some of your golf betting options below.
- Outright Winner Betting
The most common bet type in all sports is the outright winner bet. Golf is no different, and this is simply a wager on the golfer that you believe will win the tournament outright. Obviously, this will be the player that ends the tournament with the highest negative score against the course’s par. In the case of the Rocket Mortgage Classic, this is played on a par 72 course.
- Any Day Leader Betting
At the close of play on each of the four days of the tournament, there should be a golfer on top of the leader board. This, then, creates another golf betting market. It does not matter how the tournament plays out in the long run – so long as your selection finishes top of the leader board on your nominated day, you’ll pick up some winnings.
- Three Ball Betting
During the first two days of a golf tournament, the golfers often play in groups of three around the course. This creates a betting market known as three ball betting. There is also a two-ball betting market for when the players are playing in pairs. All you need to do here is pick which golfer will post the best round out of the trio or duo.
- Hole-in-One Betting
This bet is really more of a prop bet as holes-in-one don’t come along very often. But essentially, all you are doing is making a wager that a player – any player – will land a hole-in-one straight from the tee. Not only does it not matter which player makes the shot, it also doesn’t matter which hole it happened on to make a winning return.
History of Rocket Mortgage Classic
Because this tournament was only introduced in 2019, there have only been three renewals so far, each of these having produced a different winner.
This event, which was introduced to replace the Quicken Loans National on the PGA Tour, became the first event in PGA Tour history to be held completely inside the limits of Detroit city. Unaffected by the pandemic, the tournament has never been postponed, and attendance in the first year exceeded 70,000 spectators.
Recent Rocket Mortgage Classic Winners
Rocket Mortgage Classic Key Stats
- Nate Lashley became the first-ever Rocket Mortgage Classic winner in 2019, the year in which the tournament first took place.
- Lashley also posted the tournament’s record score that year, hitting a massive 25 under par.
- The event’s inaugural champion also holds the record winning margin of six strokes.
Similar Tournaments to Rocket Mortgage Classic
- 21st – 24th July, 3M Open: Taking place in Blaine, Minnesota each year, this event follows on from the Open Championship.
- 4th – 7th August, Wyndham Championship: Held in North Carolina in early August each year, this is a popular event on the PGA tour.
- 11th – 14th August, the Northern Trust Open: A tournament that rotates in venues – the 2022 renewal will be held at the TPC Southwind.
- 18th – 21st August, BMW Championship: The penultimate FedEx Cup playoff event in the PGA Tour calendar, this event takes place each August, more often than not in Illinois.
- 8th – 11th September, BMW PGA Championship: A DP World Tour event, this is now held in Surrey England each autumn.
- 15th – 18th September, Italian Open: One of the most popular events on the DP World Tour, this annual tournament usually takes place in Rome.
Upcoming Sporting Events
Rocket Mortgage Classic Betting FAQs
This event will be broadcast on Sky Sports.
The Rocket Mortgage Classic prize money is a cool $7.5 million.
The Rocket Mortgage Classic is held at the Detroit Golf Club in Detroit, Michigan.
Yes, this is a popular betting market on all golfing events
ThePuntersPage Final Say
So, we hope that by now you have a better understanding of this new event on the PGA Tour, and are more familiar with some common golfing terms.
As this is also one of the tournaments held towards the end of the PGA season, it will therefore have a bearing on the outcome of other things such as the FedEx Cup – which is partly why Rocket Mortgage Classic betting has become so popular.